Indoor air can have elevated levels of particulate pollution that can pose serious health problems such as allergies, exacerbating asthma and other respiratory illnesses. So, to get rid of these allergens and particulates, you need to make use of an efficient and effective air purifier in your living room space, like the Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA air purifiers.
An upgrade to the previous Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA series comes in at least 3 models including the; Rabbit Air MinusA2SPA-700A , MinusA2SPA-780A and the MinusA2 SPA-780N , and they are a successful attempt by Rabbit Air to gain operate efficiently and effectively popularity making them some of the best air purifiers in the market.
Their immaculate design, top-notch performance, and a handful of useful features and technologies are some of the things that have propelled these air purifiers to the top of the leader board when it comes to efficiency.
In this article, we are going to review the purifiers that are Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA series from features to benefits that you can expect from using these product to what other users who bought the units thought about them.
Features of the Rabbit Air MinusA2 Air Purifiers
1. Sleek square design
To start off, the MinusA2 SPA-700A is the smallest of the MinusA2 air purifier series in terms of coverage with room coverage of 700sq ft. The other two are the SPA-780A and the SPA 780N have a similar room coverage of 815 sq ft.
With a 20.25H x 21.4W x 7D inches sleek design that resembles a picture frame, they can either be mounted on the wall or placed on the counter top depending on your personal taste. The face has a LED panel and several function buttons that allow you to switch on/off or adjust the settings to meet your needs.
The air purifiers have an ACH (Air Change per Hour) of 2 times more for residential use and 4 times more for allergy sufferers meaning they can purify air either 2 times or four times in an hour.
When it comes to the CADR (Cleaning Air Delivery Rate) rating, the MinusA2SPA-700A has 173 Dust, 166 Smoke and 171 Pollen (cfm). The MinusA2 SPA-780A/N have a CADR rating of 200 pollen, 193 dust and 180 Pollen (cfm).
With such data, it’s certainly clear that these powerful air purifiers are really perfect for cleaning small to medium rooms.
2. Customized images by famous Artists
Now, to make the MinusA2SPA-700A more eye catching, Rabbit Air has customized the panel with unique wallpapers from famous artists such as Claude Monet, Vincent Van Gogh and Katsushika Hokusai. There are also wallpapers with cartoons of Peanuts and Hello Kitty Edition.
3. 6 stages of purification and deodorization with customized filters
When it comes to the filtration system, the MinusA2SPA work in a comprehensive six-stage air filtration system that trap nearly all airborne pollutants and contaminants with enthusiasm.
The six-stage process starts with a washable and permanent pre-filter that captures large particles of dust, pet hair and allergens. The second stage is the medium filter that traps larger than 1 micron in size particles of pollen, dander and mold.
The third stage is the advanced BioGS HEPA filter. Unlike typical HEPA filters, BioGS HEPA filters are more efficient and able to capture nearly 99.97% of microscopic allergens, viruses, bacteria, pollen,mold, and fungi particles with sizes as small as 0.3 microns, and prevent their growth.
In addition to the Rabbit Air has offered customers another special filter which is customizable depending on needs. Here, you’ll have the freedom to choose from any of the four customizable options which include;
- Germ Defense filter– a filter that is specially engineered to trap and reduce bacteria, mold and particles that carry viruses. This filter is said to be perfect for individuals with compromised immune systems like children, elderly people and those individuals who are most sensitive to particles in the air.
- Pet Allergy – just like the name suggest is ideal for people with pets as it’s specially designed to trap and reduce pet dander and pet allergens.
- Odor Remover– is perfect for trapping and reducing smells from pets, cigarettes and cigars, cooking,mildew and other unwanted odors.
- Toxin Absorber – is specially designed to trap and alleviate volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and other chemicals common in new or renovated homes and other facilities.
Next, after the Customizable filter, there’s another filter made of high-grade Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon. Unlike typical AC filters, this filter is coated with a thin layer of activated carbon that’s efficient enough to eliminate household odors, smokes, and common chemicals.
And in the final stage, there’s the Negative Ion Generator. In this stage the negative ions latch onto the airborne particles to weigh them down and settle them on the floor. While on the floor, these particles can either be trapped by your air purifier or picked up by your vacuum cleaner.
4. BioGS HEPA technology
Now, the best air purifiers are the one that use the HEPA filter or equivalent filters. Such purifiers are able to remove nearly 99.97% of microscopic allergens, pollen, bacteria, and mold with sizes as small as 0.3 microns.
Designed to tackle any form of air contaminant, the Rabbit MinusA2SPA purifiers are engineered with a BioGS HEPA filter. This filter is a better and more efficient version equipped with an extremely fine mesh that allows clean air to pass through leaving nearly all air contaminants trapped in the mesh.
While BioGS HEPA filter is certified to trap nearly 99.97% of airborne contaminants with sizes as small as 0.3 microns just like the normal HEPA filters, this is also able to also reduce the growth of said allergens, bacteria and viruses on the filter. With such a filter, efficiency is generally enhanced while filter life is prolonged.
Combining this filter with five of the other stages, the MinusA2SPA-700A Air Purifier is able to guarantee you fresh breathing air at the comfort of your living space or office space.
5. Ultra quiet
Although they operate at 5 fan speeds, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 have managed to keep their fan sounds low making them one of the quietest air purifiers, with noise levels of just 20.8 to 45.6 dBA and 25.6 51.3 dBA for the SPA-700A and 780A/N models respectively.
They ultra-silent motor features a brushless DC motor technology. The technology comprises of coiled copper wires that operate the motor without overheating the system. With that, the fan will run very quietly allowing the air purifier to operate at an ultra-quiet mode.
6. Automatic Light sensing technology and mood lights
Designed with a smart light sensor, these air purifiers are able to automatically transition to sleep mode in case you happen to switch the lights off.
In case the room is too dark and you need to enhance it with some lights without switching on the main lights, MinusA2SPA series air purifiers will provide a series of LED mood light on its front panel which will offer a spectrum of soothing colors.
When you switch on the lights, the air purifiers will resume to their active mode automatically.
7. Smart sensor technology
Whether you’re always at home or you’re a busy folk always on the go, the MinusA2SPA air purifiers are equipped with a smart sensor so that they constantly monitor the quality air in your living room, bedroom or office space and automatically adjust the fan speed.
This technology works by increasing the fan speed whenever the sensor senses an increase in particles, odors, and allergens on the air. Once the air has been cleaned, the sensor will detect a reduction in air pollutants in the room hence adjust the machine to its normal speed.
Since air purifiers are designed to operate continuously, the smart sensor technology will allow the machine to become more energy-efficient, saving on energy than some models in the market.
8. Energy Star rated efficiency
One of the major questions most customers ask when buying an air purifier is how much energy they consume. Since these appliances operate continuously, the rate of power consumption is one critical factor that can determine whether a purifier is good or bad.
For the case of the Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-700A, the power consumption ranges from 7 to about 47 watts and 7 to 61 watts for the MinusA2 SPA-780A/N, with the difference being caused by the speed of fan settings. Since the MinusA2 SPA are designed with 5 fan speed settings, their maximum power consumption is relatively low as compared to most air purifiers with similar operating features and price range.
These air purifier also come with an Energy Star Certification that further retaliates that they’re indeed energy-saving appliances.
9. WIFI Enabled for the MinusA2 SPA-780N Version
With just a Wi-Fi connection and a single iOS application, controlling the MinusA2 SPA-780N Air Purifier has never been this easy. This model is iOS and Android compatible allowing users to assume total control of this air purifier anytime anywhere.
You can easily monitor the quality of air in your apartment or office space, set your air purifier to run anytime you need to, receive daily or weekly reminders on when to replace the filters and so much more.
Why choose the MinusA2 Air Purifier?
Benefits of the MinusA2 SPA Air Purifiers
- Powerful, thorough and efficient: These air purifiers feature a comprehensive six-stage air filtration system with and specialized filters including the BioGS HEPA filter that traps 99.97% of microns, reduces the growth of common allergens, bacteria and viruses to facilitate optimum filter efficiency and prolong filter life. With any of the models, indoor air quality is guaranteed to be significantly improved.
- Durable, Energy-efficient and cost saving: Due to long lasting filters, Energy Star rated motor and the smart sensing technology, the purifiers are able to save on energy and ultimately on cost by automatically adjusting between fan speeds depending on the air quality.
- Customized Filters: Depending on what you need your air purifier for, the MinusA2 air purifiers can be tailored to fit your personal needs by choosing from a variety of customized filters, specially engineered to trap and reduce different types of germs, chemicals, odors and allergens including; Germ Defense, Pet Allergy, Odor Remover, or Toxin Absorber.
- Ideal for Allergy sufferers, asthma and other respiratory illnesses: BioGS HEPA filter traps airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns in size at 99.97% efficiency and reduces growth common allergens, bacteria and viruses. It will no doubt help to alleviate respiratory symptoms by making the air quality more cleaner.
- Space saving and versatile: When it comes to adaptability, the MinusA2SPA series are the real deal! Not only are they designed to be functional, fashionable, and durable, but they’re also designed to stand alone which allows them to be moved from room to room, where they are most needed or they can also be mounted on the wall in case of limited space of just preference.
- Ultra quiet operation: Minimal noises produced when they are running, claimed to be silent at low speeds.
- Customizable picture frame benefits: Whether it’s mounting it or simply placing them on the counter top, these purifiers can be customized using different artistic wallpapers to make them resemble a picture frame rather than being plain and boring.
- Offer Intelligent hands-free Purification: By constantly monitoring the air quality and automatically adjusting the fan speeds accordingly.
- Equipped with a filter replacement indicator: No guess work here as the air purifier will automatically notify you when filters have served as much as they can and now it’s time be replaced.
- Do not emit any Ozone: There is zero ozone emission when the negative ion generator is turned off, and an amount of 0.002 ppm (parts-per-million) at low fan speed when the negative ionizer is turned on. The maximum concentration safety standard set by the California Air Resource Board is 0.05 ppm. This means that 0.002 ppm is 25 times less than the maximum set safety standard.
What’s Not So Good?
1. Price restrictive: The MinusA2 SPA air purifiers can be considered quite pricey, although their features and benefits speak for themselves, some would argue that you do get value for money.
The Rabbit Air MinusA2 air purifiers have been welcomed with mainly positive reviews. Most of the customers who’ve bought these air purifiers are allergy sufferers, asthmatic patients, smokers, home owners, avid cooks and parents.
On the positive side, most of these customers have appreciated the efficiency of the air purifiers when it comes to getting rid of odors, dust, and mold from their rooms.
Allergy sufferers alongside parents with asthmatic family members have also approved the Rabit Air MinusA2 purifiers stating that they are some of the most efficient air purifiers in the market. Other users have also appreciated how fast these air purifier remove cooking odors from their kitchens.
Avid smokers and pet owners including those with with kids around have as well appreciated the efficiency of these machines when it comes to trapping smokes, pet hair, and pet dander.
Finally, people living in less ventilated rooms or those with damp basements and garages have also loved the smart technology used by this air purifier. Not only do they detect odors and other impurities, but they also lighten up dark rooms providing you with extra light.
On the other end of the end of the spectrum, a fraction of customers have complained about two major areas. The first is the price which they say is too high for an ordinary buyer to afford while the second is the iOS app which is very difficult to download and pair with the MinusA2 SPA-780N version. Some customers felt that the process was too lengthy and tedious.
Overall, if you can afford them, the Rabbit Air MinusA2SPA-700A , MinusA2SPA-780A and the MinusA2 SPA-780N are all smart choices. They are no doubt one of the most economical (in the long run), powerful, stylish, ultra-quiet and well-performing air purifiers in the market today, giving you complete value for money!