During those colder nights, in the middle of all the dreary whites and the gloomy grays of winter, we especially love the lively, merry fireplace with its comforting and gentle crackling sounds.
That is why, in these modern times that we are in, electric fireplace inserts and fireplace logs come looking highly realistic in different makes and types to suit every need and preferences, with some models complete with fire crackling noise effects.
Now if you’re in the market for such Electric Fireplace Inserts/ Logs with crackling sounds just like a real fire, below we’ve reviewed some options that might interest you.
Review of the Best Electric Fireplace Inserts/Logs with Crackling Sounds
PuraFlame Western Electric Fireplace Insert with Fire Crackling Sound
The top selling PuraFlame Western electric fireplace insert has a seamless appearance featuring a flat bottom as well as smooth and slim edges that will prove useful during installation. Its seamless design allows the whole unit to be inserted instantly through any type of fireplaces and hearth, resulting in a look that blends in perfectly with any design your fireplace comes in.
The visual aspect is further enhanced by a neat glass front trim design that gives it a modern look.
The 7 7/8 inches resin logs sit all realistic on its black grate with all the flickering and glowing effects that seem to come from within the log.
To heighten the realism of your electric fireplace, it also has a projected flame effect that shoots up from the back. The flame and the glowing embers come in 3 brightness settings; the full bright flame, the full bright flame with a tinge of blue and the half bright flame in which only glows from below, just like a real fireplace when its logs that are ready to retire.
A bonus treat is its crackling sound effects that also amazingly come in 3 settings to give you full customization so you can perfectly set the ambiance that you want.
This unit comes useful especially during the winter with its powerful heater with thermostat function. The heat is released through its hardly noticeable vent beside which sits the control panel, also covered by a vent for seamless aesthetics
- Dimensions: 27.95” width by 24.61″ height and a depth of 8.78″ (Also comes in 23”, 30”, and 33”)
- Logs are made from resin with three-side interior brick wall
- With a clear glass front trim design
- Also comes with an ember bed and black grate
- 3 brightness settings with color combinations that look like a real fire’s
- 3 levels of cracking sound
- Heat comes through a vent
- Adjustable thermostat
- Covered control panel
- Can heat up a room up to 400 square feet
- With a remote control provided
2. Valuxhome Electric Fireplace Insert with Fire Crackling Noises
Valuxhome’s specialization in fireplaces can be seen through this electric fire insert model that features a well-crafted design that is meant to be easily slid into any kind of fireplace.
Complete with crackling sounds, a jaw-dropping flickering, glowing light effects coming through from within the logs and a projected flame with a very random and realistic look to it, no one will even realize they’re just faux logs within an electric fireplace.
Notwithstanding its highly realistic appearance, it also has the ability to warm rooms with its heater, up to 400 square feet.
You can power it on from wherever you are in the room with a remote control for maximized convenience.
- 36 inches length by 27 inches height. It also comes in 30”x 25”, 36” x 21”, 33” x 25”, and 43” x 27”
- Life-like logs made of high-quality resin
- 3 atmosphere color settings
- Crackling sound effects and log speakers
- 2 heat settings and a timer function
- Automatic shut-off that you can set from 1 hour to 9 hours
- Can be used with or without the heater
- 750W and 1500W heating options
- Ability to heat up a room up to 400 square feet
- Comes with a remote control and 6-feet power cable
3. Masarflame 43” Electric Fireplace Insert
Masarflame electric fireplace insert is specially made to be easily installed in a matter of minutes by simply sliding the slim and seamless insert into your old and lonely fireplace, for a fully functional fireplace that looks utterly realistic!
The accompanying log insert looks equally life-like, made from well-sourced resin material.
The logs are randomly arranged and piled to imitate a real bunch of firewood and once you turn the unit on, its glimmering fiery beauty will stun you. It has a projected flame effect that dances and shoots up just like a real, lively flame.
Aside from its convenient 3-color atmosphere settings and amazing 5 variables of flame intensity, it also has a concealed speaker through which the crackling sound effects of fire are projected.
Heating-wise, it comes with two heating options with an automatic heat-kill function saves your home and family from overheating.
- Dimensions: 35.6 width by 9.05 depth and 27.5 height
- Life-like logs are made from high quality resin material
- 3 color atmosphere settings and 5 flame intensity to choose from
- Retro-style 3-sided brick walls
- 2 levels of heating options- 750W and 1500W
- Energy- and cost saving LED technology
- Heater through its front air vent which can heat rooms up to 400 square feet
- Realistic projected flame that dances and glimmering log light effects
- Built-in speaker and a cracking sound effect
- Auto-heat kill protection function
- Comes with a remote control and a 6-feet power cable
4. E-Flame USA Vermont Electric Fireplace Insert
With its seamless and very lightweight build, you can easily insert this E-Flame USA electric fireplace stove insert into your empty recessed area.
Once the unit is powered on, you’ll love how realistic the imitation chopped firewood looks, especially with its advanced 3-D flame technology that mimics how a real flame dances, with the fire crackling and hissing sound effects to complete the package.
You can also enjoy homey warmth that feels just like a real fireplace with its fan-forced heater which you can also adjust accordingly. For safety purposes, its equipped with an automatic shut-off feature that prevents overheating.
Wherever in the room you may be, you can just adjust the heat to the level you want with the remote control provided.
- Dimensions: 28.9″ weight x 23.9″ height x 8.5″ depth
- 3-D flame technology
- Lightweight build that makes it a breeze to install
- Fan-forced heater that can heat up rooms up to 400 square feet
- No-heat option to enjoy the flames without the heater
- Auto shut-off feature
- Crackling fire sounds
- Comes with a remote control and 6-feet power cord
4. MagikFlame Electric Fireplace 28” Insert
This realistic electric fireplace insert by MagikFlame uses their very own patented HoloFlame video technology that shows videos of actual burning fire so your guests won’t even be able to tell the difference from a real fire!
Its heating prowess is also something to applaud, as this unit can heat up a room up to 1000 square feet in size using its excellent infrared quartz heater.
To complete the perfect fireplace experience, it can also play a natural fire burning and hissing sound with all the cracklings of the logs.
All of these goodies are housed in a black, textured matted black fire box which you can insert into an old fireplace.
Moreover, you can also control this unit wherever you are through your smartphone with its mobile integration feature.
- Dimensions: 28″weight x 32″ height x 12”depth
- Box insert with a black, textured finish for a sophisticated look
- Patented HoloFlame video technology which uses an actual video of a real fire burning (26 different realistic flames)
- Logs crackling sounds
- A built-in 5,200 BTU infrared quartz heater that can heat up a room up to 1000 square feet
- 50,000 service life
- Smart fireplace with a mobile integration technology that allows you to control the unit from your phone
Electric Fireplace Logs with Crackling Sound
If all you need is just a well made faux log set, see these two of the most popular fireplace log inserts with realistic crackling sounds.
6. Duraflame DFI041 ARU-2 20-in Juniper Infrared Electric Fireplace Log Set with Crackling Sound
Juniper firewood is widely used for fireplaces. Now, you can have a wholly natural looking fireplace with the look, feel and sound of a real juniper with Duraflame’s DFI041 ARU-2 Juniper electric fireplace log set.
Mimicking a Juniper wood’s elegant swirly patterns, this log set is also colored perfectly so that it looks just like a chunky bunch of real logs in your fireplace.
Once the unit is turned on, that’s when the magic happens. Flames and glowing embers will dazzle the eyes and the crackling sounds will tickle the ears.
Moreover, this unit also boasts of a powerful infrared heater which amazingly heats rooms up to 1000 square feet so a pleasantly warm night is assured.
From anywhere in the room, its remote control ensures that you’ve got the ultimate operating convenience and comfort without ever having to leave your lounger.
- Dimensions: 20.52″ weight x 14.43″ height x 8.73″ depth
- Realistic Juniper wood design made from resin
- Flickering flame effects and glowing embers with projected flame at the back
- Infrared Quartz Heater which can heat a room up to 1000 square feet
- Natural crackling sound
- A remote control with which you can adjust the heater, temperature, flames and sound effect
- Works with a 120V outlet
7. Pleasant Hearth 20” Electric Crackling Natural Wood Log
There certainly is no faking it here because this unit is made from real American Birch wood and is arranged ever so randomly so it looks just like a real bunch of logs.
It also glows at the ember bed as if a fire is lighted and is eating away at the birches from within. But truly, it’s just the unit’s light effects, and add to that the calming crackling sounds and you’ve got yourself a stunning fireplace filler that will fill the room with the all-too-familiar fire sounds and warmth.
- Dimension: 10” x 20” x 10.25”
- Made from real American Birchwood
- Ember bed randomly glows just like a real hearth
- With realistic crackling sound effects
- Works on 120V outlets
- Can be fitted in any type of fireplace
Not much can be said about electric fireplace inserts and log inserts, but we have so much to thank these genius contraptions for as they save us from what some of us consider to be a be a heavy workload, not to mention a smoky home.
With one of these options above, any home could benefit from what they have to offer.