Effortlessly stylish, convenient and easily accessible for the elderly and kids alike, there are countless of reasons why very low profile bed frames are quickly becoming all the rage today. Aside from the laid back look it gives, there are also many highly benefits that you can get and enjoy from this innovation.
If you’re training a child for a real bed, having a really low bed frame will greatly help as some designs are so low that it’s nearly impossible for an accident to happen. Falls can happen especially for curious children, so you’d surely want your child to have a rather harmless fall from a very low bed.
This bed style is also perfect for elderly people and those who are just recovering from a treatment and the like. This is because of the less work and minimal effort required to climb up in and out of the bed.
Notwithstanding its aesthetic prowess, a low profile bed frame is a popular choice among the posh and creative crowd because of its effortlessly good looks. A far cry from stuffy, frilly beds of the past, you can just drape a statement blanket over it and you have a centerpiece worthy of a magazine page.
The low profile also makes your room look more spacious because it makes your bed look less bulky, giving it a neat, streamlined look.
Most low profile beds in the market nowadays are made with sturdy slats to further support the weight of the sleeper while keeping it from wobbling and making disturbing noises. Some models even come with extra features such as headboard lights, LEDs, drawers, and foldable functions to accommodate different preferences and add more functionality to the whole look of the bed.
If you’re still uncertain about what to pick or why you should pick one, read on to see the creams of the crop according to many homeowners worldwide.
Review of the Best Very Low Profile Bed Frames
1. Zinus Joseph 6 Inch Metal Platform Bed Frame
This model by Zinus is not a bestseller for no reason.
Minimalist in design, this low profile bed frame is made up of excellently-engineered metal work with the best robust framing possible to provide a comfortable sturdy bed that will never wobble.
One of the things that makes this unit such a crowd favorite is its simplicity that opens the door for the user to many design possibilities with its straightforward bed frame.
Embodying strength and power, the king matte finished metal bed frame can support weights up to 500 pounds so you can even sleep in it with company. The little spaces between the slats enable it to be sturdy while foam padded tapes eliminates any bed noises and it even has non-slip tapes on the slats to ensure that your mattress will not move or slip while you toss and turn on your bed.
Available in sizes full, Queen, twin and King
- Dimensions: 76″ W x 80″ L x 6″ H
- Black steel work
- With a weight capacity of 500 pounds for king size
- Foam padded tapes are utilized between the steel framing for noise-free use
- Also with non-slip tapes on wooden slats to keep the mattress from moving and sliding
- Compatible with almost any kind of foams and mattresses ( though not recommended for air/water matteresses)
- Dependable support without needing a box spring
- Especially designed for easy assemble with simple instructions
2. ZTOZZ Modern Contemporary Curved Upholstered Platform Bed
You certainly deserve a sleeping space that is both highly comfortable and also highly stylish to boot, like this option from ZTOZZ.
This low bed frame features pretty LED lights along its perimeter as well as on its headboard thus you can read your favorite book or magazine in bed without any straining. Most importantly however, is that they offer a decorative element that adds a little edgy and even futuristic look to your room while acting as a source of light.
What’s more, these LED lights come with a staggering 16 colors to choose from as well as 6 brightness settings and 4 patterns to fully customize the lighting according to your mood and comfort.
Further, standing a mere 5 inches above the floor, this ultra-chill low profile bed frame is upholstered in PU leather that does not only give this unit a posh and premium look, but also makes cleanup very easy because its smooth surface is perfectly easy to clean and maintain.
Available in full, King and Queen sizes, maximized customization is also definitely one of its priorities for the makers of this beauty as it comes in 10 cool and classy colors such as black, burgundy, Chocolate, dark gray, gold, gray, silver, white and black and white so you are sure to find a color that you like.
- Dimensions: 87” x 25” x 20”
- 450 lbs weight capacity for the king
- Low profile platform type bed that is 5” above the floor
- Wooden frame with PU leather that is soft and easy to lean
- Available in 10 colors- as black, burgundy, Chocolate, dark gray, gold, gray, silver, white and black and white
- Contemporary wave-like design
- With built-in LED lights in the headboard with 16 colors, 6 brightness settings and 4 lighting patterns to choose from
- Sturdy craftsmanship with no need for a bunk board or box spring
3. Zinus Edgar 4 Inch Wood Box Spring Low Profile Bed Frame
However aesthetically pleasing and comfortable, some people just can’t help but worry about the holding prowess and sturdiness of a bed frame. If sturdiness and long-lasting quality are at the top of your priority list, this bed frame by powerhouse brand Zinus will surely meet your standards.
Featuring a 9 leg support system, it comes with a box spring made from sturdy wood material, with the framework of this low profile bed engineered with much thicker wooden slats than the typical bed’s, 2.8 – 3.4 inches of gaps between them further enhancing its strong and solid build.
Its reliable Poly Jacquard cover is made to add an additional comfort to your sleeping experience. This fabric is highly moisture-absorbent and quick drying, therefore it is very breathable and easy to maintain.
The bed frame on the other hand is steel constructed with 9 easy locking recessed legs for support and safety.
The king bed frame can support weights up to 500 pounds working with memory foam or latex mattresses.
Assembly will be easy and with its 4 inches of height above the floor, it is perfect if you fancy tall mattresses or just love sleeping close to the floor.
With this option you can chose to buy with a box spring alone or inclusive of a bed frame.
- Dimensions: 75.5” x 79” x 4”
- Steel construction, Solid wood internal frame with Poly Jacquard covering and 9 legs
- Extra thick wooden slats with 2.8 – 3.4 inches gap for support
- A weight capacity of 250lbs for twin size and 500lbs for the other sizes
- 4” height above the floor
- All parts and tools for assembly are already included in the package
4. DHP Dakota Upholstered Faux leather Platform Bed
The very definition of beauty and strength combined, this upholstered DHP low bed will lend an extra air of elegance to your room while providing you with stable comfort that will last for many years.
Specially crafted to last for a long time, this beautiful unit is armed with a bentwood slat system that is unlike most of your typical bed frames, holding everything together so it stays put and secured, however you move around in your bed.
Aside from this unique slat system, it also uses a center metal railing that runs across the slats to give further support, ensuring perfect stability and durability.
Moreover, it also has metal side rails to support your mattress and keep it from moving and sliding while its sturdy low legs provide a dependable strength that can support weights up to 500 pounds.
To introduce some element of style, it is upholstered in soft foam padded faux leather with button tufted diamond detailing.
Because of its smooth upholstery, it certainly is easy to clean and maintain as well.
With no additional box spring or foundation needed, you can easily get this beauty up in no time with minimal help required.
It’s available in queen ,king, full and twin sizes
- Dimensions: 85″L x 64.5″W x 39″H
- Queen size has a weight capacity of 500 pounds
- Upholstered in faux leather with buttoned tufted diamond detailing around the whole of the bed as well as the headboard
- With bentwood slat system for maximum support
- Also has a center metal rail for added stability and durability
- Does not need any additional box spring or foundation
- Metal side rails gives further security for the sleeper and the mattress
5. Crown Mark Erin Upholstered Panel Bed
This low profile bed frame by Crown Mark will surely give any bedroom a fresher take with its clean and simple lines combined with its neutral upholstery.
Fashioned from durable manufactured wood as well as plywood, it is reasonably sturdy and can support a variety of mattresses and foams . Its headboard gives a stately feel to the bed.
But more than all that, its classy upholstery is what makes this neat beauty classy.
Available in colors black, gray and stone, these shades make for a classic centerpiece for your bedroom or even a balancing component for your colorful interior while still managing to look moderately luxurious.
For installation, you’ll need not run from store to store because everything you need is provided in the package.
- Dimensions: 50.0″ height x 86.6″ length x 64.4″ weight
- Made from durable manufactured wood and plywood for its headboard, footboard and rails
- Minimalist style
- With soft upholstery available in neutral colors of black, gray and stone with nail heads
- Designed to be used with a box spring and mattress (not included in the package)
- Easy assembly that can be finished within an hour
- Also available in other varieties of sizes (twin, full, king and California king)
6. Amolife Modern Full Platform Bed Frame with Adjustable Headboard
If a regular bed’s design is not doing it for you, perhaps a curved, wave-like versatile bed frame that lets you comfortably recline in bed is well worth considering, like this Amolife Platform Bed.
Its looker of a headboard is designed with a unique curve so it does not only stand out among most beds in the market but also gives your bedroom a little bit of extra glamor. Further, it is also quite adjustable to boot so you can reposition it to your preferred level.
Further adding to its premium look is its faux PU leather upholstery that is smooth enough for a quick cleanup.
Aside from its obvious beauty, this model is also made to withstand pressure with the high quality premium steel build along with evenly-spaced slats for further support so you can be assured of a good rest without any sinking mattresses or a creaking bed frame.
However deluxe this unit may look like, its assembly is actually pretty quick and everything you need will be included.
- Dimensions: 54.33″x 75.2″
- Made of high-quality steel material
- Mainly black with white accents
- Available in sizes full, Queen and King and other colors
- Curved, wave-like adjustable headboard
- Upholstered in smoothly-textured PU leather
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Evenly-spaced slats for stability and support
7. KD Frames Folding Low Profile Platform Bed
Relocating can be quite a nightmare because of hefty furniture and fixtures. If you are someone who often moves from place to place, you will love having a great foldable low profile bed frame like this one from KD Frames.
Its foldable feature certainly does not mean it is not of considerable quality. Made from natural Tulip Poplar wood, it can withstand the pressure especially with its slats’ 2 inches gaps, that make it perfectly dependable.
The wood material’s light color makes for a laid back and charming kind of aesthetic for a room.
Also great for guest rooms and children’s rooms, this bed frame has rounded corners not only to align perfectly with your mattresses but are also more child-friendly and safe.
- Dimensions: 74” x 52” x 10”
- Made of sturdy natural Tulip Poplar wood
- Durable wooden slats with 2” gaps in between
- Foldable function for portability and convenience
- Available in sizes twin, full, Queen and King
8. Novogratz Bushwick Metal Bed with Headboard and Footboard
Beautifully reflecting its makers’ passion for art, architecture and sustainability is this Novogratz Bushwick metal bed features ornamental round finial posts that give it a charmingly chic andvi vintage look.
However delicate as it might look, the king size can actually support hefty weights up to 500 pounds with the help of its metal frame, side rails and slats for a stable sleeping experience that does not move around or creak with all your tossing and turning at night.
Aside from its four legs, it also has additional central legs to further enhance stability, further securing the perfect comfort that this unit promises.
Charming in white, it is also available in colors blue, gold, grey, and black.
- Dimensions: 82.5” length x 78” width x 42.5” height
- Made of high quality metal with rounded finial posts
- Available in colors white, blue, gold, grey, and black
- With metal headboard, footboard, slats as wells as extra central legs for ultimate support
- King size has a maximum weight capacity of 500lbs
9. Mecor Upholstered Linen Full Platform Bed Metal Frame
Mecor bed frame features a premium polyester linen over its sturdy metal structure and soft elegant square tufted headboard?
It is equipped with tough wooden slats that are strategically designed to withstand any pressure with a weight capacity of 441 pounds for the full size.
However heavy duty this charming bed may look, assembly is fairly easy.
- Dimensions: 80.7″length x 54.33″ width x 35″ height
- Metal bed frame with sturdy wooden slats
- Beige polyester linen material covers the whole of the bed
- Headboard is moderately designed with square button tuft that makes it soft against the user’s head
- Weight capacity of 441 pounds
- Available in sizes full, twin, Queen and King
10. Zinus Suzanne Metal and Wood Low Profile Platform Bed Frame
The Award winning Chicago Athaneaum Museum of Architecture and Design’s Good Design, this contemporary industrial low bed frame features cleverly engineered metal works combined with the solid pinewood footboard and it’s perfect for industrial and minimalist interiors.
Its dependable wooden slats with less than 3” gaps are sure to hold with the help of the metal rail running across the bed to its center leg.
It can support a variety of mattresses such as latex, spring or memory foam mattresses without the need for a box spring.
- Dimensions: 79.5” x 59”.5 x 6”
- Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture: Good Design Award winner
- Black metal bed frame with wood slats and solid pinewood footboard
- Sturdy wooden slats are further supported by a metal rail and center leg
- Easy assembly with all necessary tools also included with this unit
- No box spring needed
- Available in variants twin, full, and Queen and colors brown and grey wash
Concluding on Low Profile Bed Frames
A good night’s rest is our very fuel that lets up jump start into a new productive day. So it is important to choose wisely the bedroom accessories and furniture that we will be letting into our rooms. Beauty and strength can definitely go together without sacrificing one of them, as proven by the options listed above.