Toddlers grow up too quickly and because of this travel beds for toddlers are the perfect accessories to help your little one transition to a big bed rather than moving into your bed, not to mention due to their portable air bed design, they are the perfect and most convenient companions for taking to the hotels, camping, sleepovers, traveling, and for use right at home as well.
Let’s look at more reasons why you should get your child to a toddler bed. For some parents, it’s more than a need, it is also a requirement and essential to approaching kidhood.
Reasons Why Toddlers Should Transition Into Toddler Beds
1. Toddlers Are Born To Be Escape Artists
Ever caught your toddler working his or her way out of the crib? And that is a sign. Your toddler is already honing his or her skills in escaping the crib. While catching your toddler get out of the crib and get in it again after they get what they want, it is still alarming. You can never tell when an accident will happen. Toddlers can slip or lose grip while attempting to escape the crib. Once they have learned the best and most comfortable way to get it off, moving it to a different location will be no sort of solution because they already know the ins and outs of their crib. They will just find another way.
2. Toddler Beds Have Safer Structure
With toddlers being the professional and self-taught escape artists that they are, it is only right that you transition them into a toddler bed that can be situated on the floor. This way, the risk of them falling off from a high point is eliminated.
3. Sharing One Bed With An Older Sibling
While the elder brother or sister is okay with sharing their toys with their toddler siblings, their beds are not something all kids would gladly share.
4. Toddler Beds Can Double As a Playpen
Toddler beds, especially the ones that have bumpers all the way around the bed, can double as a playpen. In the morning, remove the mattress inside and pour balls and other toys in it. There is nothing more fun than a toddler rolling around in bed. While it can be a ball pit in the morning, removing the toys and installing back the inner mattress will turn it into its original use.
Now let’s take a look at the bestselling and best rated inflatable toddler travel beds online
Review of the Best Travel Beds For Toddlers
1. Hiccapop Inflatable Toddler Travel Bed
Our top recommendation is a travel toddler bed from the makers at Hiccapop. With either two extra long 11-inch safety bumpers on both sides or all four sides, the Hiccapop’s inflatable toddler travel bed is a blow-up mattress that has been extensively tested to meet all federal and child safety standards
The travel bed comes with an ETL-certified pump that can inflate it within 30 seconds. It also comes with an XL travel bag for quick storage and convenient portability. Furthermore, its sturdy handles at the foot of the bed allow for hassle-free pulling and placement.
The toddler’s travel bed can hold over 300 pounds and comes in a variety of colors including chocolate brown, midnight blue, slate gray, and Tahitian blue.
Features and Specifications
- Removable mattress – the mattress in the middle of the toddler’s travel bed is removable. It is an ultra-comfortable flocked velvet surface with seven sections.
- Durable and sturdy – twice reinforced seams and puncture-resistant vinyl material.
- Leak-proof valve – the valve keeps the air inside the inflatable toddler bed to ensure the comfort of the child while sleeping.
- High-grade pump – the pump can put air into bed within 30 seconds or less than a minute.
- Dimensions: 62 in L x 38 in W with 11 H in extra-tall sides and 49 in bumpers.
- Two frame options: 2 sides (left and right) or 4 sides (left, right, up and bottom)
- Variety of colors to choose from that kids will surely love
- Includes a convenient XL travel bag
- Lifetime guarantee
- Comes fully loaded with an ETL-certified electric turbo pump
Now this is one of the highest rated travel toddler beds available online which should also tell you something because of the sheer number of positive reviews and popularity of this product. A majority of Hiccapop’s customers say they love the inflatable toddler travel bed because its quality and functionality. It is easy to inflate, deflate, and stow away.
The side rails of the bed are high enough to protect sleeping toddlers, that twist and turn, from falling off the edge. One customer even shared her experience wherein they stated that the bed they bought is being used by their toddler and the dogs usually sleep on the foot or side of the bed. The bed is even sturdy enough to hold their father as he lays down beside the toddler to read bedtime stories. For defective product concerns, the manufacturer promptly ships a new product for replacement. Common concerns included are the slow or gradual deflation of the bed. Overall, the Hiccapop inflatable toddler travel bed is a customer favorite and worth every penny!
2. Intex Kids Travel Bed Set
The light aqua-colored Kids Travel Bed Set by the popular brand Intex is designed for kids up to 48 inches. The airbed can be separated from the frame to easily tuck in the sheets and allow more space.
The pool-like framing of the bed ensures that the child will sleep securely. The Intex travel bed set for kids includes a high-output hand pump and a handbag to easily stow away when not in use.
Features and Specifications
- All round frame – provides for extra stability and also ensures safety by preventing your toddler from rolling out of the bed.
- A manual pump – for fast and easy inflating of the mattress
- Detachable airbed from the frame – makes the unit versatile as you’ll be able to create additional sleeping surface if need be or put them together for easy tucking of sheets.
- Bed dimensions: 66 in L x 42 in W x 10 in H
- Detachable inner mattress dimensions: 28 in W x 52 in L x 4 in H
- Pool-like frame – no need to worry about the child falling off the sides of the top and bottom.
- Very lightweight at just 9.3 pounds
- Manual air pump included.
- Convenient hand carry bag for storage and transportation also included
- Fit children up to 48 inches, aged 3 to 6 years old.
- Single color choice: light aqua blue.
Customers love that the Intex travel bed is a high quality and sturdy product, that stays inflated even when one adult and one child is on it. The Intex travel bed is approved by grandmothers, for being the perfect temporary bed for when their grandchildren visit their homes. Once they leave, deflating and storage is a breeze.
Despite the few critics of this travel bed, for the most part part this travel bed is said to be a great purchase that works as advertised.
3. Leachco BumpZZZ Travel Bed
Made with cushioned side bumpers and a padded bottom, the US made BumpZZZ Toddler Travel Bed by Leachco measures 58 in L x 39 in W x H. The travel bed can be fully extended and doubled up to create a stackable lounge cushion suitable for traveling kids and adults.
The travel bed comes in only one color, which is chocolate brown. For easy laundering, the center foam pad and the outer bumper padding are removable. The cover of the bed is zippered which makes removing easy as well.
Features and Specifications
- Excellent quality material – the covers are made of 65% polyester and 35% cotton. With polyester fiber bumper chamber and polyurethane foam sheet chamber.
- Easily removable parts for laundering – foam center pads and outer bumper padding – are quickly removed. The zippered cover makes it easy to remove as well.
- Dimensions: 58 in L x 39 in W x 7 in h
- No need to inflate the bed.
- Versatile and can be fully extended or folded over for a lounge chair for added comfort.
- Easy to fold, press in the bag to quickly stow away or to travel.
- Cover is removable for easy maintenance and cleaning.
- It can be machine-washed without damaging the foam and pad given that it will be subjected to a gentle cycle.
- The bottom cushion was found to be quite thin and inadequate for some customers.
- The side bumpers are not adequately high for a child who moves and shifts very much.
As far as the travel feature of the BumpZZZ by Leachco, a majority of the customers say it is lightweight despite its bulky size. Some of the mothers said the best thing about the travel bag included is addition to portability, it allows space for small plush toys and blankets. For this reason, there is no need to pack bed essentials in another bag. Another good thing about the product is that a majority of customers find it easy to fold over to make it a lounge chair as well as packing it into the canvas bag.
Some customers did say the bed is quite cumbersome to wash but still better compared to an inflatable bed that has the possibility of deflating in the middle of the night. Overall, BumpZZZ by Leachco is ideal for traveling or home use and it has a hefty amount of happy and satisfied customers.
4. Little Sleepy Head Inflatable Toddler Bed
With the ability to hold up to 300 pounds, the Little Sleepy Head inflatable toddler bed is made with durable vinyl that ensures no leakage will occur. Besides that, the materials used are BPA, lead, and phthalate-free which makes it a Consumer Product Safety Improvement or CPSC compliant and approved for toddler use.
Features and Specifications
- Safe, sturdy materials – the inflatable inner mattress and bed frame are made of durable puncture resistant vinyl with reinforced seams, it’s BPA, lead and phthalate-free and CPSC compliant safe for toddlers to use.
- Detachable exterior bed frame – for additional bed space is needed.
- Rails on both sides -of the frame ensure your toddler does not roll off the bed.
- Inner inflatable dimensions: 50 in L x 27 in W x 5 H
- Inflatable bed dimensions: 62 in L x 38 in W x 12 H
- Safety bumper dimensions: 12-inch bumpers
- Efficient 110 to 120 Volts electronic pump – the pump that is included with the mattress can inflate the bed in less than 60 seconds. With its extra-long 74-inch cord, there is no need for extension cords.
- Included in the product is a 100% jersey cotton fitted sheet that protects the inner mattress from stains.
- Outstanding corporate social responsibility – by Little Sleepy Head – donates a percentage of the sale to the Michael Hoefflin Foundation for Children’s Cancer.
- Includes a super turbo fast electric pump that inflates the bed in less than 60 seconds.
- Carrying case also included with your purchase.
- The electric air pump can quickly get hot while in use.
For the most part, the Little Sleepy Head inflatable toddler bed has positive reviews that mostly told stories on how the bed changed the nappy time for toddlers. One customer happily shared how two of her girls would share the bed at night and play all day in the morning turning it into a ball pit. With the amount of use and the considerable weight, the Little Sleepy Head toddler bed had to endure, it was still able to withstand all that abuse day after day without deflating.
There are as expected, some comments that the bed not airing up entirely which, perhaps, can be attributed to manufacturer’s fault.
Overall, the majority of customers absolutely love the Little Sleepy Head and are satisfied with the quick and easy stowing away of the bed for traveling or for storage.
5. Emma + Ollie Inflatable Toddler Bed
Whether at home, going camping, sleepover at a friend’s house, on vacation, or a weekend at the grandparents, the Emma + Ollie inflatable toddler bed is a great travel companion. With the capacity to hold up to 300 pounds equivalent to two 3-year olds, the Emma + Ollie inflatable toddler bed doubles as a play pit in the morning and a bed during the nighttime.
The seams of the bed are reinforced with welding to prevent air leakage. To inflate the bed, a powerful air pump is included in the unit that does its job in less than half a minute. In the same manner, the bed easily deflates for packing in the travel bag for storage or for traveling. The mattress comes in a single color bed frame and mattress which is white and navy blue, respectively.
Features and Specifications
- Durable materials – the inflatable toddler bed is made of thick, puncture-proof vinyl, smooth velvet flocked removable mattress with seven sections and heavy-duty grab handle. No chemicals, no phthalates, and it’s BPA-free.
- Heavy duty air valve and weld-seams – to prevent air leaks.
- Smooth velvet flocking – that is soft and Quiet to prevent those annoying noises as a result of tossing and tunning in bed.
- Equipped with built-in bed rails – to keep your kid safely in bed.
- Built-in heavy duty grab handle – on the frame for easy shifting and transportation.
- Quick release deflation valve – that is leak-proved for easy and effortless deflation only when needed.
- Removable bed – is detachable from the exterior bed frame for easy cleaning and bed surface maximization when needed.
- Dimensions: 62 in L x 38 in W x 12 H
- Seven sectioned inner mattress for extra comfort when the toddler is a turn and toss kind of baby sleeper.
- Includes a convenient storage travel bag as well an electric pump.
- Bed bumpers for added safety
- There have been some issues with the air pump.
The bed is said to be lightweight, which is a major plus when it comes to traveling with it. And with the help of the easy grab handle, even kids have been said to be able to pull the mattress around and place it at their chosen location, whether it’s in front of a TV or a sibling’s bedroom.
For the technical part, customers say the pump does its job in inflating the bed entirely, but for some, it takes more than a minute to do so. The bed is easy to deflate for storage or for traveling.
Ultimately, Emma + Ollie Inflatable Toddler Bed has received positive ratings mainly due to ease of use, durability and lightweight nature.
6. Eltow Inflatable Toddler Air Mattress Bed
With a weight limit of 310 pounds, the Eltow inflatable toddler air mattress bed has an eight-section inner removable mattress, with modern chevron designed for side bumps.
The toddler bed comes with an air pump and an XL travel bag. The bottom of the mattress is made of suede so that it grips any type of floor tiling to prevent shifting. The inner bed and the bed frame come in one color only: light mocha and white, respectively.
Features and Specifications
- Anti-leak valve – ensures that no air will leak while pumping and when the bed is occupied.
- Durable and safe materials – the inner mattress is made of soft plush vinyl material that is both BPA and phthalate-free. While the bed frame is made of thick, puncture-resistant vinyl.
- Heavy-duty grab handle – for easy movement and repositioning.
- Silky soft Velvet flock – for comfort and to prevent noises.
- Bed frame dimensions: 63 in L x 40 in W x 50 H
- Inner mattress dimensions: 50.5 in L x 27 in W
- Comes with a pump and travel bag.
- The bottom part is made of suede to allow it to grip the floor.
- Built-in high bed bumpers
- There have been some issues with the bed deflating and the air pump not working.
Customers of the Eltow inflatable toddler air mattress bed love the product because of the bed frame’s versatility and design. Any baby crib mattress will basically fit into the frames of the air bed. Customers loved taking the product to camp, traveling and even on hotel vacations over the weekend.
Some of them shared how inflating the bed takes only a minute and even faster to deflate. Most grandmoms and mothers alike love the quality of the bed. Even for toddlers as young as 3 years old, customers cannot deny this is a great bed that is durable and functional
7. Active Era Kids Portable Inflatable Travel Air Bed
A 4-inch side bump fortifies the left and right areas of the Active Era kids air mattress in order to protect the toddler from falling off the ledge while sleeping.
The mattress is made of durable puncture-resistant material and 100% cotton-fitted cover to increase the child’s comfort regardless of whether it is playtime or nap time.
With a handy drawstring bag, the air mattress is easily deflated to be transported while traveling, camping or going to visit relatives and friends.
Features and Specifications
- High-power AC pump – the air pump included with the bed requires 120 V and 60 Hz in order to inflate the air mattress in less than 60 seconds. The electric pump also allows deflating the mattress into minimal size when in deflation mode.
- Long lasting, puncture resistant PVC – with reinforced welded seams to ensure longevity.
- Frame dimensions: 65 in L x 34 in W x 22 in H
- The deflation mode of the air pump allows deflating the bed into the smallest and minimal size in order to fit the bag efficiently.
- 100% cotton covers with toddler appropriate design to ensure the baby’s sound sleep.
- Drawstring carry bag and pump included.
- Bed rails may not be high enough for kids who shift a lot
According to one customer, she bought the Active Era kids air mattress in early 2018 and found out that it still works as new in 2019. This is despite the fact that Her child would flop up and down on the mattress daily. Most customers say the bed is sturdy, durable and doubles as a playpen for two to nine-year-olds. For the traveling family, they too love to take the air mattress along with them so the toddlers have a place to comfortably sleep on.
Overall, the majority of the customers and their children are happy with their purchase.
8. EnerPlex Kids Inflatable Toddler Travel Bed
Available in boy and girl staple colors, blue and pink, the Enerplex kids inflatable toddler travel bed is made of extremely durable and comfortable materials. The seams of the bed frame are welded and the surface is puncture-resistant.
The inner mattress is designed to have the coil beam technology that makes toddlers’ nappy time extra comfortable and sound.
Features and Specifications
- Durable, sturdy and toxic-free materials – the bed frame is made of puncture-resistant PVC with welded seams and removable coil beam constructed inner mattress with a soft flocking surface. All materials are BPA and phthalate-free.
- ETL-certified air pump – the electric air pump that is included in the unit consists of universal nozzles as well as 120 V wall adapter and 12 V car adapter for traveling or camping.
- Coil beam technology – the inner mattress surface is flat and firm for the child’s comfort.
- Waterproof, velvet soft and smooth flocking surface – for increased optimal comfort comfort.
- 13-inch raised side bumper – the surrounding bumper of the inflatable mattress bed gradually increases in height as it reaches the top of the head of the bed. The raised side bumper prevents the toddler from falling off the edge.
- Hi-flow valve – the valve allows for no air leakage, as well as quick and easy inflation and deflation.
- Dimensions: 66 in L x 44 in W x 13 in H
- A car adaptor is included in the product for traveling and camping.
- Raised side bumpers to protect the toddler from falling off the edge.
- Fully loaded with an oversized travel carry bag and high output electric pump.
- High side bumpers ensure your kid remains safely in bed.
- This inflatable kids bed fits all standard crib sheets.
- The bed can only accommodate a 150-pound weight limit.
The majority of customer reviews commend the bed for its resilience, performance and quality. Whether it’s been used in a hotel on vacation, a kid transitioning to the bed at home, a sleep over at a friends house are the grandparent’s house, the bed is a great companion. Additionally, the raised side bumpers offer optimal safety which is another reason why a majority of the reviewers highly recommended this product.
9. The Shrunks Toddler Travel Bed
The award winning Shrunks Toddler Travel Bed is safe from Phthalates, BpA and Lead and is ideal for hotels, sleepovers, travel, and for kids transitioning to a big bed.
The mattress no doubt one of the best available in the market currently, sturdy and high quality to provide superior comfort to the playing or sleeping toddler. It can hold up to 150 lbs.
For easy and hassle-free travel, a drawstring carry bag is included in the product and is available in a single bed and twin bed purchase.
Features and Specifications
- Safe electric plug-in air pump – the plug is capable of inflating the bed in about 30 seconds.
- Soft velvety flocking – to prevent shifting noises and ensure comfort.
- Inflated dimensions – 60 x 37 x 9 (inches), 152 x 94 x 23 (cm)
- Fits all standard crib-sized sheet
- Built in security rails helps prevent to prevents kids from rolling off the bed
- The air pump is capable of inflating the bed in about 30 seconds.
- Includes a convenient carrying bag, repair kit and a powerful Jetaire Electric Pump
Customers love the air bed because of its durable construction based on their experience using it. A customer who shares what she loves most about the bed is that its side bumpers are high enough to protect the kid from rolling off. Overall, this is loved by a majority and the customer experiences will tell you why.
10. AirMattress Toddler Inflatable Travel Bed
The 57-inch toddler inflatable travel bed by AirMattress is another great brand. Backed by a 1-year warranty, the travel bed with raised soft bumpers includes a premium fitted cotton sheet and an easy to operate hand pump. The bed can be inflated in less than two minutes.
Features and Specifications
- Hand pump – the durable hand pump can air the entire inner mattress and bed frame in about two minutes.
- Raised soft bumpers – the bumpers are gradually rising from one end to the other end, this way the chances of toddlers falling off the edge is reduced.
- Raised bumpers to reduce the risk of toddlers falling.
- It does not require electricity to pump the travel bed.
- It fits perfectly in the travel bag that comes along with it.
- With the hand pump, inflating the travel bed takes so much time.
- For the most part, the travel bed is one of the shortest inflatable beds in the market.
For the most part, the AirMattress toddler inflatable travel bed is said to be a fantastic buy. The majority of the customers expressed their satisfaction over the versatility and the travel-pack size of the bed. Although it is slightly shorter than most inflatable toddler beds in the market, the durability of the unit is customer approved. Moreover, the risk of deflating the bed is eliminated because of the quality of the valve.
Features to Look For When Buying Inflatable Toddler Beds?
With the vast number of options in the market, choosing the right one can be a daunting task. To make it easier here are some factors to consider:
1. Toddler’s Age
Considering the age of your toddler will allow you to choose a suitable bed. Toddlers aged four to five usually grow taller with an average of 3 inches and gain weight of about 4.4 to 6.5 pounds per year. Keeping track of the growth of your child will allow you to determine the suitable air mattress.
The size of the mattress will depend on the toddler’s age. When it comes to the size of the air mattress you should be able to consider its dimensions when folded and stowed away or packed for traveling purposes. The majority of beds in the market have the same dimensions. If you are stuck choosing between two beds of the same size, compare the safety bumpers of the two. This leads us to the next factor.
There are three types of bumpers included in the air mattresses available in the market. The first type of bumper is commonly called side bumpers. The bumpers are located on each side of the bed, on the left and on the right. The second type of bumper is called the surrounding bumpers. Inflatable toddler beds with surrounding bumpers double as playpens or ball pits. They look almost like an inflatable pool. Finally, the last type of bumper is wherein it also looks like surrounding bumpers but they are not interconnected at each corner of the bed frame
Usability just entails the bed’s features. From the weight, dimensions, capability to hold the air, as well as the valve. Without the usable features of the inflatable air mattress, the product basically goes down the drain.
Conclusion on This Review of the Best Travel Beds For Toddlers
Only the best highly rated and popular brands for inflatable toddler beds are included in this review. Our dedication to providing concerned customers with credible and well-researched information like yourself is our topmost priority. We are aware that you only want the best for your family, which is why we review critically and include products with the highest customer reviews and ratings
We hope this article helped you find the most suitable travel toddler bed for your little one. Feel free to leave us a comment or question regarding any product mentioned in this review of any other that you think should have made it to this list.