Cleaning of the home or an office setting is often a tasking and tedious work for most people. This boring chores can push you over the edge or lead to hiring an extra hand which would translate to an extra cost. A robotic vacuum cleaner is a device that helps in the monotonous chores of cleaning any type of floor. Not withstanding the type of floor that you have – hardwood, a corral of pets or carpet, there is a robotic vacuum that can do the task. They now come designed to ensure continuous cleaning throughout, with amazing additional features and even the ability to connect through Alexa.
Benefits of Robotic Vacuum Cleaners
1. 100% Hands-off Vacuuming: One of the most advantageous things about about a robotic vacuum cleaner is that you do not need to control it while it’s working. This gives you time to do other activities while the home is getting cleaned.
2. Pre-set cleaning: Another significant advantage of owning a robotic vacuum is the scheduling options that it comes with. This allows you to clean your house while you are out of the home. It enables you to do other tasks while the robotic vacuum does the task of cleaning the home and keeping it neat or just nothing at all! All you have to do is to schedule it.
3. Dirt detection technology for spot cleaning: Another unique feature of the robotic vacuum cleaners is its spot cleaning feature. This gives users the opportunity to make use of it where there is dirt in a particular place. This is much easier than the old fashion vacuum cleaners since it does not require cords. You only need to take the robotic vacuum to the particular spot and press clean button, or just let it find the dirt on its through its dirt sensors.
4. Smart navigation sensors: Robotic vacuums comes with edge and obstacle sensors that allows them to detect furniture and other obstacles and avoids them, to prevent collusions. The edge detection allows the vacuum to sense when it has gotten to a steep step such as stairs so as to turn around to falling off.
5. Wifi enabled and integration with other apps and home equipments: Some robotic vacuum cleaners come wifi enabled to allow integration with home equipments such as the Alexa and other apps to schedule cleaning.
6. Cleans hard-to-reach places: They can easily fit under furniture such as space under a sofa. This is something the traditional vacuum cleaner might not be able to do.
7. Compact sleek design: The compact and sleek design of a roboict vacuum cleaner makes it easy to store not to mention it looks much better than the traditional vacuum cleaner.
8. Auto docking and self charging capabilities: The robotic vacuum can steer itself and automatically reconnect to its charging station when the battery is about run out.
9. Remote controlled: Most new models of the robot vacuum cleaner come with remote control. This enables you to change the settings or direct the robot on what to do with much more ease.
10. Less noise while vacuuming: They are quieter when cleaning in comparison to the traditional vacuum cleaner.
11. Affordable options: They can be expensive, but there are also some options in the market that are still very affordable.
1.Longer to clean: One of the significant disadvantages of the robot vacuum cleaner is can take more time to clean in relation to the more traditional vacuum cleaner. You can possibly do the cleaning in half an hour with a traditional vacuum cleaner while a robot vacuum cleaner might take more hours to do the same job. The good thing is that you probably might have gone to work or out while it’s cleaning.
2. Difficulty sensing patterns: The robot vacuum cleaner also has the problem of carpet pattern. This is a scenario where the robot vacuum cleaner sensor probably will stop working because the sensors think the pattern is a drop-off.
3. No stairs, no curtains, ceilings and walls: Robot vacuum cleaner will not do stairs ceilings walls and curtains. A traditional vacuum is better off here.
4. Will need recharging for big cleaning spaces before it is done: One other disadvantage of a robot vacuum cleaner is the battery retention. Most robot batteries last for 1 hour 30 minutes before they run down. So if you are cleaning a big house, the robot vacuum cleaner would need to recharge itself on and on before it could finish the job.
5. Expensive: Most robot vacuum models are expensive.
Below we review some of the best robotic vacuum cleaners available for purchase on Amazon:
Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaners
1. Eufy RoboVac 11 Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
Eufy’s RoboVac 11 aims to ensure that you can wave goodbye to cleaning while saying hello to a clean home each time!
With two times the stronger suction power than the previous RoboVac models, this self-charging robotic vacuum cleaner works on both hard floors and thin carpets.
Boasting a larger dustbox, this model can hoover for around 33% more before needing emptying.
Consisting of dual anti-collision systems, its enhanced built-in navigation allows it to fit under tables and chairs and into every nook and cranny of the room, with a quieter clean overall.
With a long-lasting Li-Ion battery with up to 1.5 hours running time, the charging performance of this model is excellent, ensuring great all-around performance for years to come.
- Very strong 1000Pa suction power: Made possible by the high-Capacity Li-ion Battery that can last up to 1.5 hours.
- Triple-Filter system with 3 specialized cleaning modes for a cleaner home: Features 3 distinct cleaning modes including the Edge, Spot, and Max concentrate mode that is perfect for cleaning those stubborn dirt areas.
- Equipped with smart technology to evade obstacles and falls: The infrared-sensor enables it to avoid hitting obstacles while the drop-sensing technology avoids falls.
- Offers 3 types of cleaning: Comes with side brushes, a rolling brush and powerful suction.
- Recharges automatically
Customers purchasing the RoboVac 11 find the suction on this model to be extreme, picking up every piece of dust and dirt in its paths without hesitation!
2. iRobot Roomba 650 Robot Vacuum
iRobot’s Roomba 650 Robotic Vacuum is claimed to be a high-performance model which is not only excellent at removing pet hair but ultimately cleans on a schedule!
With the ability to set a schedule that works at your convenience, you can select to preset this vacuum and get it to clean at your request!
This model uses iAdapt Navigation to move around and adapt to your home’s corners, edges, walls, and impending obstacles.
The three-stage cleaning system included works to agitate, brush and then provide strong suction on all floors in the home.
An automatic adjustment allows the vacuum to fit neatly under all furniture and kick boards. Additionally, all floor types can be cleaned including tiles, carpets, hardwood, laminate and many others.
- It’s intelligent and equipped with smart technology: Making it able to adapt to your home cleaning area, and work around your furniture arrangements.
- Self charging: After it is done with cleaning, it automatically returns to its home base to recharge itself.
- Can be scheduled to clean: Making this the perfect robotic vacuum for those who lead busy lives as you can schedule it do the cleaning while you are away doing other things to come home to a clean house.
3-Stage cleaning system for thorough cleaning: This robotic vacuum with its dual multi-surface brushes is engineered to ensure no dirt is left out.
- Equipped with dirt detect sensors: That recognize areas with lots of concentrated dirt and provide additional, focused cleaning on those spots.
- Fitted with a edge-sweeping brush: For sweeping dirt away from hard-to -lean edges and corners.
Customers of this product find it thoroughly useful at doing a great job of cleaning all floors, reaching many areas that standard vacuums alone just can’t get to.
3. B0bsweep BObi Pet Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
B0bsweep’s unique Pet Robotic Vacuum is a visually stunning model in the color scarlet red, which is designed to be seen and admired!
This is a stronger suction model that offers five in one astounding cleaning powers including vacuuming, sweeping,mopping, disinfecting and filtering simultaneously.
Offering illuminated touchscreen buttons, this vacuum has soft touch sensors which encourage less of the bumping when navigating.
With back to back brushes, the dirt and debris this model collects on average is remarkable!
Furthermore, the BObsweep has a seven-day cleaning schedule which can be programmed for added convenience.
Containing a washable dustbin and an automatic charging system, it will recharge when it reaches 15%, giving 1.5 hours running time!
- Made especially for pet owners.
- 5 in one ways to clean with this model: It vacuums, sweeps, mops, disinfects, and filters.
- Can be scheduled to start cleaning: At your own schedule on the days and times of your choosing regardless of whether you are home or not.
- No fumbling with buttons here: As it comes with touchscreen buttons to activate it.
- Automatic charging: When the battery reaches 15%, it automatically goes its charging station to recharge.
- Avoids stairs, edges, furniture and other obstacles on her path: As it comes equipped with highly-responsive edge and obstacle sensors.
Customers of this model find it the perfect vacuum for when there are multiple pets in the home as it copes with so many types of dirt and debris.
4. iRobot Roomba 614 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
Another iRobot model, but this time the 614 version, this Robotic Vacuum is engineered for performance at the touch of a button!
Its unique patented three-stage cleaning system ensures it collects dust, pet hair and larger debris regularly found on the floors in all homes.
Small, but extremely powerful, it works harder on concentrated areas of dirt around the home, utilizing its effective dirt technology each and every time.
Multi-surface brushes ensure dirt is loosened, lifted and suctioned on various floor types around the home, recognizing floor types each time.
With a 90-minute running time, the Roomba will instantly dock and recharge for convenience when needed.
- Intelligently navigates around the house: To avoid obstacles and drop-offs in such areas as the stairs
- Self charging robotic vacuum: After it is done with cleaning, it steers to its charging station to recharge.
- Can be scheduled to clean.
- Offers a 3-Stage cleaning system with dual multi-surface brushes, edge-sweeping brush and vacuum suction.
- Equipped with dirt detect sensors: For a more focused cleaning on those spots.
- Fitted with a edge-sweeping brush: For cleaning edges and corners.
Customers of the model find the new technology included more than capable of dealing intelligently with more dirt and debris type as well as coping better with several floor types in the process.
5. Eufy Boost IQ RoboVac 11S (Slim) Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
Eufy’s Boost IQ RoboVac is a more slimline design which has been voted the Best Robot Vacuum of 2018 by Digital Trends!
Boasting many additional features like more run time and a 1300Pa suction power. This strong suction model is super quiet when it’s in use and works best on hard floors as well as medium pile carpets.
With an easy setup and simple cleaning process to select here, a remote control allows you to program the specific vacuum times.
Packing in a mighty 1300Pa of suction strength, this can glide underneath furniture, such as beds and sofas, smoothly.
With drop sensing technology throughout, the RoboVac returns to its charging base when required. It can offer 100 minutes on full charge.
- Very powerful 1300Pa suction power:
- Provides up to 100 minutes of cleaning: That is 10 more extra minutes than most robotic vacuum cleaners in the market.
- Can be scheduled to clean.
- Triple-Filter system for a cleaner home.
- Equipped with smart technology to avoid running on furniture and other obstacles and also falls.
- Steers itself to the starting station to recharge.
Customers of this model highly rate it as the easiest to schedule and clean, but more so perfect at utilizing its incredible technology and cleaning correctly and safely every time.
6. Dr. fasting Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
Dr.fasting’s has a larger than average capacity to cope with those more difficult to clean floors, all the while offering a longer working life than most robotic vacuum cleaners on the market!
With a makeup of effective wear-resistant and scratched-resistant properties on its outer shell, this model is corrosion resistant in its thoroughly scientific of designs.
With an ultra-quiet mode when in progress, the 2000mAh larger battery here ensures a running time of up to 150 minutes, before it automatically recharges itself and resumes cleaning to finish the job, if any.
There’s eight types of cleaning modes to select from, automatic detection of height which includes a sensitivity indicator of when to turn away, alongside a smart tachometer to encourage the vacuum to steer clear of cables and curtains!
- Perfect vacuum for allergy sufferer: As it features HEPA filter layer that eliminates 99% of dust, hair and other stains.
- Very quiet while cleaning.
- Offers 1 hour more of cleaning time: Comes with a large capacity Power lithium battery that can run for up to 150 minutes, that is 1 hour (60 minutes) more than most robotic vacuums in the market.
- Smart navigation technology to avid collusions and drop-offs.
- Automatically recharges when its low on battery.
- Can be pre-set to clean at your own schedule.
- Perfect for all floor types.
Customers of this model find it to be one of the most accessible and more powerful of models on the market, which also comes with an extended accessory pack.
7. BObi Classic Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
BObsweeps classic version of a Robotic Cleaner is a sleek interface and slimline design which offers a selection of touchscreen buttons for regular use, all which are fully illuminated for ease!
Claimed to be a charming and smart model type, the BObi works to ensure you come home to clean floors every day, as it sweeps, vacuums and mops your floors continually.
Using some of the most advanced and wireless technology, this will divert around obstacles and allow you to setup cleaning schedules to run on command!
With automatic charging at 15%, this long-lasting battery will last for around an hour and 15 minutes before recharging.
- Equipped with advanced dirt detection.
- Offers 5-in-1 simultaneous cleaning.
- Allows you to pre-set cleaning schedule.
- Illuminated touchscreen buttons.
- Edge and Obstacle sensors for a bumper-less navigation.
- Automatically self-charges.
Customers of this model believe it to be a sensitive vacuum which works hard at detecting all types of dust and debris and picking up accordingly throughout the home.
8. Shark ION Robot Vacuum
The Shark ION Robotic Vacuum is a fully compatible Alexa model which will get to work whenever your selected Alexa device tells it too!
A thoroughly modern design, this vacuum benefits from a self-cleaning brush tool, therefore capturing everything that builds up in the home on a regular basis. It’s also active on both short and long-haired carpets and rugs, as well as hard floors.
With a smart sensor to guide it around all obstacles, this is a one-touch application model which utilizes a long-life lithium-ion battery for over an hour of ongoing use.
Cleaning, docking,and recharging are all automatic with the Shark ION, and its low-profile design ensures it can work to the best of its ability by reaching those areas that some robotic cleaners just can’t manage.
- Wifi enabled: Giving you the option to schedule cleaning from your smart phone or through the Alexa.
- Can be scheduled to start cleaning.
- Smart Sensor Navigation to avoid bumping on furniture and falling off.
- Thin design: Allows it to easily reach under furniture to provide thorough clean.
- Detangling Technology: Equipped with a high performance brushroll with high-tensile bristles that manages and untangles long hair, strings, and fibers.
- Docks and recharges automatically.
Customers of this model find it never disappoints and offers so much more than standard robotic vacuums.
9. ILIFE A4s Robot Vacuum Cleaner
ILIFE’s Robot Vacuum Cleaner is an A4s model providing one of the stronger of suctions to assure concentrated and thorough cleaning sessions every time.
With an automatic scheduling program available, this model will return to its base for recharging whenever it needs to.
Containing multiple smart sensors which guide it safely and gently around the home, this model will reach under beds and even around clutter!
With a superior battery offering 140 minutes cleaning time, this comes complete with a remote control for you to manage your own cleaning schedule.
- Lasts longer than most other robotic vacuums, offering 140 minutes of cleaning time.
- Allows for programmable scheduling.
- Automatically docks and recharges.
- Smart sensors to evade obstacles and falling off stairs.
- 3 cleaning system with innovative tangle-free roller brush.
Customers of the ILIFE robotic vacuum cleaner find it a most useful and fantastic quiet runner which can be left to its own devices, producing clean results every time.
10. Ecovacs Deebot Robot Vacuum Cleaner
ECOVAC’s Robot Vacuum also works with Alexa devices and offers a variety of additional features as standard.
Combining an auto-clean and three specific cleaning modes, this is a smart motion model which targets the more concentrated of areas while ensuring it can reach those more difficult to clean edges.
With a three-stage cleaning system, there’s 120 minutes of battery life, and the vacuum will return to its charging base automatically when it needs to.
Making use of a larger dustbin, larger wheels and an anti-scratch finish, this model claims to increase your cleaning power twice over when compared to similar models.
The N79S requires the minimum amount of attention and is practically maintenance free.
- Wifi enabled to allow use with Alexa or Google Home voice commands for cleaning.
- Comes fitted with anti-drop and anti-collision sensors.
- You can pres-set cleaning times.
- 120 minutes of cleaning time.
- Auto-docking and charging features.
Customers of the ECOVAC find it a great model for use on those hardwood floors and rugs and the addition of being able to work it through Alexa makes it one of the better models on the market for many people.
Factors to consider when buying a robotic vacuum
Like we stated early, buying a robotic vacuum can be tasking. It requires one to understand why he/she needs it in the first place and other important factors to put into consideration. Some of the factors one need to consider before buying a robotic vacuum cleaner include:
1.The Size of the House
The size of the house will determine the type of vacuum cleaner to purchase. An individual living in a smaller apartment doesn’t spend the same amount like someone living in a 3000-square foot home. Consider the battery life and size of the dustbins while making your purchase.
2. How slim is the vacuum?
Robot vacuums taller than 4 inches sometimes may not fit under a drawer, bed or sofa. So before you make any purchase, make sure you understand how spacious your furniture is underneath so as to go for a vacuum size that will be able to comfortable reach those “under” areas
3. What will you be cleaning?
One other consideration to make is a survey of your home. Is the floor carpet or hardwood? Some robot vacuums work better on the hardwood than carpets and Vice versa. Others might be for floors that are tile and vinyl. Do you want a vacuum cleaner for removing or cleaning pet hair off hardwood floors? Looking for some mopping help?
Whatever you need, there is definitely a good robotic vacuum cleaner to help with the cleaning.
Are there pets in your home? These is other factor you can consider before making a decision and shopping around for a robot vacuum for the first time. Having dogs and cats at home can be a big task cleaning up after they have soiled the floor.
Thankfully, many vacuum cleaner manufacturers now make cleaners that are now suitable for cleaning up the home or floor after the pet might have littered the floor. These models are specially built to pick up furs from dogs and cats hair with ease.
5. Allergy and asthma sufferers
If you suffer from allergies or asthma, go for robotic vacuums with a HEPA filter. HEPA filter is able to eradicate those 99% of dust and allergens hanging in the air for a better overall clean home.
6. How do you want to control the Robot?
Controlling the robotic vacuum cleaner is another important thing you need to factor in. Many robot vacuums come with remotes that you can use to control them. A remote helps you to control or steer the vacuum cleaner around the corners and cracks of your home. Also the remote gives you the opportunity to schedule a particular time that you will want the robot vacuum to start cleaning daily.
One other very unique features that come with some of the robotic vacuum is the companion apps for Android and iOS enabled devices. These apps allow you to control the robot manually and also to unlock some of the features within. Some other thing the app will allow you vacuum to do is to map out the areas it worked on. This allows you to know how well and places it cleaned.
One other thing worthy to note is that robot vacuum that comes with an app, often come with an Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant integration. This integration allows you to give a command to the robot.
7. Do you need Wi-Fi connectivity at Home?
The internet helps to get us connected to our home appliances. Most new models of the robot vacuum cleaner come with app control and other features. Some of these features serve different purposes and clients. Example are some of the robots that offer you the freedom to select and schedule the device on a day-to-day basis.
Others, as we stated before, have the capability not just to clean the house but offer support for full route mapping. This helps keep track of everything it cleaned and the route it took. For most of these features to function, they require Wi-Fi connectivity. But if you don’t wish to bother yourself about that, other entry-level robot vacuums come with a remote control that also runs on alkaline batteries and very easy to use.
8. Battery Life
The battery life is also a factor to consider too. On an average session, a robotic vacuum can clean a house for up to an hour and a half or two hours depending on the model.
9. Settle on a budget
Robotic vacuums are available in all sorts of shapes and sizes and at varying prices. Unfortunately, this is one of those cases where the more you spend, the more features you get. But there are good robot vacuums available at every price.
The budget varies from low-to mid-end robotic vacuum. This low-to-end robot can be gotten for less than $150-$300. This comes with a average cleaning time, dustbins but it does not come with other fancy features such as Wi-Fi connectivity, app connectivity, and sophisticated navigation.
The next tier is the $350-$500 price range. This model can thoroughly clean both hardwood and carpet floors.
For those interested in investing more on a robot vacuum, in other to accommodate a bigger building or for its better cleaning dexterity, then your budget should be starting from $600. This robotic vacuum cleaner comes with unique features like app control, response to virtual assistance and mapped cleaning features. With its self-cleaning spinning and detangling brushes, it can be used better for tackling carpets.
While a these vacuums may not be able to fully replace the stick vacuum cleaner, there’s no doubt that the appeal of robotic vacuum cleaner is its self-sufficiency! Perfect for all homes, these small and compact vacuums clean the house for you, so you don’t have to. If you are thinking about getting one evaluate your needs carefully, and most importantly, do your research before making your purchase.