Bamboo sheets are currently referred to in the industry as the next best thing to Egyptian cotton sheets. These cheaper priced (compared to Egyptian cotton) sheets offer users the most comfortable night’s sleep, and the best bamboo sheets are one of the more softest of materials that a person can get for their sheets, with a silky-smooth feel. Bamboo sheets are considered perfect at keeping the body temperature cool and maintained throughout the night. Hypoallergenic and anti-bacterial, they indeed profess to offer almost everything that Egyptian cotton sheets provide, albeit with a much softer price tag than its high-end rival!
So if you’re in the market for some Bamboo sheets, you’ve come to the right lace because we have taken the opportunity to compile some of the best rated Bamboo sheets in the market currently.
Benefits of Bamboo sheets
Many users tend to turn to bamboo sheets as an alternative to the somewhat costlier Egyptian sheets. Though there aren’t as many differences in between the two, it could be said that it is all boils down to personal preference as to which sheet performs best.
Lets look at reasons why many people are going the bamboo way for bed sheets and why perhaps, you should consider getting yourself some if you haven’t already;
1. Soft and light
Did you know bamboo fibers are said to be softer than cotton? Yes! Bamboo sheets are said to be comparable to silk or cashmere and you will even notice that this is the line most retailers will give you as you shop for Bamboo sheets – the softness of the sheets! Even with a low thread count, bamboo sheets are guaranteed to be soft but that can’t be said of cotton sheets.
2. Hypoallergenic and antibacterial properties
Bamboo plant is naturally known to be a natural germ and bacteria fighter. This healthy perk is also present in bamboo sheets as well. They also naturally repel mold, dew, and dust mites too thus overall allergen repellent.
3. Moisture-wicking, absorbent and breathable properties
Bamboo sheets are highly absorbent and breathable and great at regulating body temperature through facilitating evaporation of moisture from the skin so that you stay cool in warm weather for overall comfort.
4. Easy to care and maintain:
Bamboo are stain resistant which could means less frequent washing needed. Again no bleach or harsh detergents are required during the washing of your bamboo sheets. They are just naturally easy to care for.
Bamboo plant is a powerful before being processed so it should not come as a surprise that even the sheets are just as powerful. Bamboo sheets are considerably more durable that their cotton counterparts and can withstand many years of repeated washing. What’s more, bamboo sheets actually tend to get softer with each wash.
6. Eco-Friendly and easily renewable source
Bamboo doesn’t need pesticides or other chemicals to grow unlike cotton that has lately been the subject of concern due to the huge amount of pesticides used in growing it. the fact they grow naturally without any chemicals alleviates major concerns about skin irritations caused by allergic reactions to chemically cultivated fabrics.
Bamboo is one of the fastest growing natural resources, that is self irrigating and does not require replanting after harvesting.
Let’s look at some of the best rated bamboo sheets On Amazon:
But before we get into the list, we are going to break it into 3 sections; for 100% Bamboo sheets and then other materials blended with bamboo; bamboo with cotton or microfiber.
100% Best Bamboo Sheets
Overall Best Bamboo Sheets: Cariloha Classic 100% Bamboo Sheets
These 100% viscose or rayon bamboo sheets by Cariloha are one of the best selling on Amazon currently.
Naturally odors repellent and hypoallergenic, these twill weaved 230-thread-count bamboo sheets boast of being irresistibly soft and luxurious offering you twice the softness you can get with cotton sheets for a comfortable, fulfilling sleep.
Their breathable and moisture-wicking features facilitates pulling of moisture from the body for faster evaporating ensures you have a super cool night free of sweats and restlessness thereby allowing you to have a comfortable sleep all night long.
They are currently available in 5 color variations in Twin, Full, King, Queen and California King sizes.
What to love:
- Excellent quality and luxurious look: And we would expect nothing less given the price tag!
- Constructed using twill weave: This weave is known to make the strongest and most durable types of bamboo sheets, this essentially means that these sheets are long lasting.
- Extra deep pockets: Each sheet comes with extra deep pockets with full-length elastic all around which means that they stay put on the bed and will not slide off during the night.
- Thermal regulating properties: These sheets are prefect for all seasons including hot summers and for hot sleepers because their breathablity and moisture-wicking properties that enables you to stay cool and comfortable throughout the night.
- Hypoallergenic and germ fighting capabilities.
- Ultra soft: Softness is a priority during the construction of these sheets and true to their word, these sheets do deliver in terms of softness.
- Customer guarantee: Cariloha believe in their sheets so much so much that they offer 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee alongside a 100-Night Free Trial for returns or exchanges within 100 days.
- They are expensive: But one could argue that you get value for your money.
- Limited color options: You currently just have 4 color choices to chose from.
What most customers seemed to like about these sheets is their super soft feel and the fact that they keep you cool even in warm nights.
Best Affordable+ Best Value for Money: Hotel Sheets Direct 100% Bamboo Sheets
These 100% Rayon derived Bamboo Sheets claim to be made of the highest grade of bamboo fibers, certified 144gsm 60×40 173×120 fibers to offer you the soft, light and cool sheets for a comfortable sleep that will make you keep coming for more of their bamboo sheets.
It is that great quality that also ensures that the sheets score highly when it comes to being resistant to piling. Of course, like all great bamboo sheets these ones are also hypoallergenic and also thermal regulating or if you prefer great at moisture-wicking, which means they are great at regulating your body temperature and keeping you cool even during those warm nights.
They are available in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King and California King sizes and you will have the option to compare a few colors.
What to love:
- Cheap: Never knew 100% Bamboo sheets could be this cheap which is surprising given their quality and overall performance.
- Excellent quality and Durability: These bamboo sheets are constructed using highest quality bamboo to ensure longevity.
- They do no pile: Extensive tests have been carried out to affirm this.
- Silky and soft: Cheap as they are, these sheets are as soft and silky as they come.
- They stay on the bed: There is no sliding of with these sheets.
- Hypoallergenic: Therefore able to keep away pollen, dust mites and other allergens from the bed surface.
- Cooling effect: They are able to to keep you cool even in warm nights, a feature prominent with bamboo sheets
- 90 day refund policy: If you’re not in any way satisfied with what the sheets have to offer, you have 90 days to get your money back or get an exchange.
What’s not so great?
- Thin: They may be a little too thin for some users.
- Limited color choices: The color choices here are so limited, just 5 neutral hues, nothing bright and rich.
Many marvel at their silky feel but most of all, their durability seeing as how they are way cheaper than most other 100% Bamboo sheets of more or less the same quality. They only wish they had more color variations.
Best Wrinkle Free: Oasis Fine Linens Island 100% Bamboo Sheets
Made from 100% Rayon from Bamboo the Oasis Fine Linens Island Bamboo Sheets claim to have the softness comparable to 1000+ thread count Egyptian cotton sheets.
These sheets feature excellent moisture-wicking and insulating properties to help regulate body temperature to not only keep you warm throughout the night but also cool and comfortable during warm nights. With a silk-like sateen drape, they are odor, stain and allergens repellent for those people with allergies, eczema or sensitive skin.
To enhance their durability and prevent pilling, these sheets have undergone an anti-wear treatment.
They unfortunately come in just 3 sizes currently ; Full, King and California king in a few neutral colors and will fit mattresses of up to 22″ total thickness.
What we love:
- Thermal regulating/moisture wicking properties: This makes these sheets perfect for all season and all sleepers, hot all cold because of their ability to maintain the body temperature stable and cool all through the night for a comfortable sleep.
- Anti-wear treatment for longevity: This contributes towards ensuring that the sheets will last for years before you need to replace them
- Do not pile: This has been made possible by the anti-wear treatment.
- Oversized: This is a useful feature that means your sheets stay put without untucking for mattresses up to 22″ inches thick.
- Seems like they’re truly wrinkle free: It’s common to see a lot of sheets labeled as “wrinkle free” get lots of reviews complaining of wrinkling after washing, but this is not the case with these sheets. There are very few customer reviews that complain of wrinkling after washing this. If you follow the instructions, you may not need an iron box with these.
- Soft and silky: Just like they claim to be.
- Great customer support: Customer service is responsive and fast to solve problems. Rated “A++” by some customers.
- Washing and care instructions have to be followed: To the last dot or else they spot, pile and wrinkle.
- No many bright color options: Only 6 cool colors are available. So for the lovers of bright reds and yellows, you won’t find anything here.
Customers not that they do a superb job of keeping you cool all night during warm summers just as they claim. Like mentioned earlier, not only is their size availability limited, they also don’t come in any bright colors. Just cool neutral shades.
Mandarin Home 100% Bamboo Sheets
Mandarin Home is another retailer offering a selection of bamboo sheets with an exceptionally high rating.
With an ultra-soft fabric used for every product, Mandarin Home claims to offer a more plush and durable 100% bamboo sheet crafted from the highest quality materials available. These bamboo sheets are derived from breathable 100% rayon for smooth and luxurious sheets.
Machine washable and easy to care for, Mandarin Home’s Bamboo sheets are also hypoallergenic and stain resistant. They are also fade resistant and wrinkle resistant which means that you won’t have to worry about ironing every time you wash your sheets.
They come in an array of stylish colors alongside sizes including Twin, Full, Queen, King and California King.
What to love:
- Pocket friendly: These bamboo sheets are reasonably priced.
- Excellent quality and durable: They are tightly woven and will last years before you need to get a replacement.
- Keeps the bed free from germs and allergens.
- Soft and silky to touch: Factors that add to your comfort during the night.
- Great color saturation: The colors for these sheets are just like the pictures; rich and deep!
What we don’t like:
- They tend to wrinkle easily: This is despite the fact that the manufacturer clearly have “wrinkle resistant” as one of the properties of the sheets in the description.
- Slides off for mattresses over 14 inches: From several reviews, the fitted sheets seem to slide off on mattresses over 14 inches.
Suggest that not only are these affordably priced sheets easy to care for, but they are also more importantly roomy enough to ensure full coverage of the bed and a sheet that doesn’t slide off during the night! This is provided you get the sizing right.
Cariloha Resort 100% Bamboo Sheets
Cariloha’s bamboo sheets offer a luxurious sateen twist to the standard bamboo bed sheets which certainly pleases most customers!
With luxury at the heart of these sheets, each product is perfectly soft to the touch and utterly durable due to the careful preparation that goes into its production.
Derived from 100% viscose from bamboo they feature a sleek sateen finishing touch. Cariloha claim that these sheets offer the beauty of a luxury resort in the comfort of your own home!
There is a choice of several colors and Queen, King and California King sizes to help you on your way to dreamland!
What we love:
- Sateen weave finish: This type of weave creates the softest types of bamboo sheets. So if its ultra softness you’re after, these are the sheets!
- Temperature regulating properties: Making these sheets perfect for hot sleepers and hot summers. These are sheets that are great for all types of people, for all seasons as they workk to maintain a coolness throughout the night.
- Hypoallergenic and antimicrobial properties: You never have to worry about allergy attacks in the bedroom or germs on the bed surface.
- Extra deep pockets: To fit mattresses up to 18” deep.
- Excellent quality: You get what you pay for with these sheets.
- 90 day satisfaction guarantee. In which case you get a refund or exchange if there’s an issue with your sheets.
- They are expensive. When compared to most bamboo sheets in the market, these one are on the higher end.
That these bamboo sheets are surprisingly light and thin but nevertheless do indeed offer a most magical night’s sleep with their retained softness throughout the night. They also remark on the pricey tag, but is seems you may be getting value for your money.
Wholesalebeddings Bamboo Sheets
Wholesalebeddings bamboo sheets offer an all year round comfortable and relaxed experience.
These sheets are produced using top quality 100% viscose from bamboo and provide customers with a silky sheen finish that adds a touch of luxury to the product. They are hypoallergenic and come with extra deep pockets to ensure that perfect fit and also wings in the middle to keep the sheets fitted in place.
At present, these bamboo sheets are available in several colors and several sizes including; Twin Extra Long, Full, Queen, King, California King and Split sizes.
What we love:
- Are super soft and Cool: For a comfortable and plush feel.
- Thermal regulating/moisture-wicking properties: These sheets have the ability to draw sweat from the skin for faster evaporation leaving your skin cool. They are also bale to adapt to the room and body temperature which makes them perfect for night sweats as it keeps you cool and warm in winter nights. In short, they are perfect for all seasons.
- Deep Pocket Fitted Sheets: With all round elastic to fit mattresses up to 18 inches deep without coming off the bed.
- More color choices and bed size options: Unlike most bamboo sheets on this list that are available in 4 at most 5 options of Full, Twin, Queen King and Cal King, these ones are also available in Split sizes, Olympic Queen and Extra-large Twin Bed. They come in more than 10 color options.
What we don’t like:
- Thin and wrinkly: They are thin and tend to wrinkle after washing.
Agree that the feeling of softness is second to none and they do indeed offer a more refreshing night’s sleep than many other types of similar products.
Best Bamboo Sheets For Color Options: Royal Hotel Bedding 100% Bamboo Sheets
Royal Hotel Bedding is a trusted seller and their bamboo sheets are known for their ultra-softness and luxurious finishing.
With a 300-thread count, these sheets are aimed at those with allergies and chemical sensitivity and work well to keep customers comfortable despite any extreme changes in temperature. With a satiny feel, these 100% rayon from Bamboo sheets are best washed in cold water with mild detergent only and require very little extra care.
In a vast range of eye-catching colors, this brand of bamboo sheets comes in an astounding number of sizes including Twin, Full, Split choices, Queen, King, Olympic King and California King.
What we love:
- Bright color options and more bed sizes: These Bamboo sheets are available in bright and rich color options not to mention in Split, Olympic Queen and Twin XL in addition to the other common sizes.
- Soft and comfy: As should any good bamboo sheet.
- They are durable and long lasting.
- Deep pockets: To prevent slipping off the bed.
What we don’t like:
- They wrinkle easily: If I don’t get them out of the dryer immediately, but to be fair, this will happen with most sheets.
Concentrate on the ease of washing these bamboo sheets and are usually pleased with the precise instructions that accompany the sheets when purchased.
Bamboo + Microfiber Blend Sheets
Best Blended Sheets Overall: Zen Bamboo Bamboo Microfiber Sheets
These aptly named sheets maybe one of the highest rated sheets which is surprising considering they not exactly 100% bamboo but a blend of 40% Bamboo Derived Rayon and 60% Microfiber. Also, they are super affordable and perhaps some of the best quality yet cheap sheets, and so given their quality, its no wonder they’re so popular.
Zen Bamboo claim their sheets are amongst some of the softest you will ever purchase! Crafted from the highest possible materials, these bamboo sheets are a mixture of rayon derived from bamboo and microfiber, which they believe offers a more robust and durable material while still retaining its plushness.
With easy to care for material and easy machine washable, Zen Bamboo have numerous color choices on their sheets and provide sizes including Twin, Full, Queen, King and California King.
What we love:
- Cheap: They are really cheap yet they can hold their own and are even compare to 100% bamboo sheets in terms of quality, performance or durability.
- Several rich color options: More than 10 color choices at least.
- Soft and silky to touch: The fact that they’ve been blended with microfiber does not in any way compromise their softness.
- Hypoallergenic: Just like all the above 100% bamboo sheets, these ones are also great at keeping the bed surface free from dust mites and other allergens, which means people who suffer from allergy attacks in the bedroom can get respite with these sheets and so can people with sensitive skin.
- Satisfaction guarantee: you will have 30-days to get a refund or an exchange in case you experience quality issues with your sheets.
What we don’t like:
- They are relatively thin: Lots of customers complaining about how thin they are.
- They do pile: A number of customers start to notice piling after just the first wash.
For these sheets tend to concentrate on the sturdiness of the stitching and material which encourages a stronger product type when placed on the bed.
These sheets offer great value for money too given their great quality.
Cosy House Collection Bamboo Microfiber Sheets
Cosy House Collection Bamboo Sheets are also made of a blend of high quality 60% Bamboo and 40% Microfiber for softer and silkier bed sheets. They are also quite affordable too.
Like all the like the best bamboo beddings these sheets are temperature regulating, breathable, naturally hypoallergenic and resistant to stains, wrinkles and piling.
They are easy care for and wash, strictly with cold water and come in Full, King, Queen and California King sizes with the several color options available.
What we love:
- Inexpensive: Not expensive like what we see with most 100% bamboo sheets.
- Moisture-wicking properties: Their ability to wick away moisture, makes them perfect for warm nights because instead of waking all sweaty and uncomfortable, you sleep through the night, remaining cool and dry.
- These sheets are antimicrobial and hypoallergenic: Fights germs and keeps allergens like pollen and dust mites at bay.
- Strong and durable.
- Several color options: More than 10 but nothing super striking.
What we don’t like:
Do not stay on for 16″ and over: Pockets as not as deep so beware if you have a mattress over 16 inches deep.
Points given for their super soft and comfy feel and value for the money given the quality and functionality, and the fact that they stay put all night every night thanks to the elastic code at the sides.
Bamboo + Cotton Blend Sheets
Royal Hotel Bamboo Cotton Sheets
Royal Hotel is a trusted retailer for quality sheets that are highly rated in the market.
These particular ones are a hybrid of 60% Viscose from Bamboo and 40% Cotton to create a quality sheet of 300 thread count.
With temperature regulating capabilities these sheets are comfy to use in any temperature. They are perfect for people with allergies and chemical sensitivity seeing as they are hypoallergenic.
Cleaning is simple with a machine wash but strictly with cold water only, mild detergents, no bleach. They come in Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Californian king and Split Sizes with more than enough color variations.
What we love:
- Silky and soft feel: This translates to a comfortable feel throughout the night.
- Available in split sizes: In addition to the other common sizes.
- More than 10 color options: Nothing extremely strike though.
- Hypoallergenic: They are able to resist allergens
- Deep pockets: To keep them in place.
What not to love:
- A little too thin: According to some reviews, these sheets are way too thin and flimsy.
What is most notable is their ability to keep you warm and comfortable throughout the night.
DreamFit Bamboo Cotton Sheets
Lastly, we have the DreamFit Bamboo Cotton Sheets made from quality 70% Viscose From Bamboo and 30% Cotton.
This blend ensures the final product is a set of breathable sheets with the softness to keep you comfortable throughout the night.
These naturally anti-microbial sheets also offer cooling and temperature regulating comfort with their moisture-wicking properties.
Now these sheets come in many sizes including Twin, Twin XL, Full, Full XL, Queen, King, California King and Split Sizes with seven color options.
What we love:
- Secure tucking and total coverage: Sheets are extra wide and extra long with deep corner pockets to prevent them from popping off while you sleep.
- Several bed size options: Including Split sizes and XLs.
- Soft and comfortable. Constructed with sateen weave finish which is the best type of weaving for making bamboo sheets for the ultimate softness.
- Hypoallergenic and germ fighting sheets.
- Excellent quality: High craftsmanship
What’s not to love?
- They are expensive. Even more expensive than most of the 100% bamboo sheets above.
Most notable other than the obvious soft and comfy feel is that with these sheets, there is no ridding up as you sleep. They not only come with deep pockets but also come with large elastic band that goes under the mattress for extra security to ensure the sheets stay put.
These sheets are also available in several bed sizes which is really great.
What to look for when buying Bamboo sheets
Like all other nighttime bed accessories, not all Bamboo sheets are made the same. Here are some of the things you’re have to keep in mind when buying bamboo sheets.
1. To blend or not to blend?
Do you want your sheets 100% bamboo or a blend of bamboo and another material? And in this is one you really have to be careful. If you’re looking for 100% bamboo, ensure the packaging (or product description for online stores) clearly states that, otherwise you may end up with a blend of either bamboo and cotton or bamboo and microfiber.
Keep in mind that the best ones are those made from 100% Bamboo Rayon (Viscose). They are said to be softer than any these bamboo blended fabrics.
2. The weave
If you didn’t know this, the weave affects how a sheet looks and feels on your skin. For bamboo sheets, there are basically two types of weaves to look out for – the twill and sateen weave.
Sateen weaving produces more silky and softer sheets than the other weaving type. However sateen weaved bamboo sheets do take longer to make than twill weave sheets and cost more too. They also require a little more care and maintenance.
Twill on the other hand is the tight and short standard type of weaving popular with jeans and most other fabric products. Twill weaved sheets may not be as soft as bamboo sheets weaved in sateen but are still incomparably softer than cotton or bamboo cotton and microfiber blended sheets or most other sheets for that matter. What twill weaved bamboo sheets are, is stronger than sateen weaved bamboo sheets.
To sum is up for you, if you’re after softness, go for sateen weave as it carries the day in this regard but if you want your sheets strong, twill weaved bamboo sheets are the best option for you.
3. Care and maintenance
The best bamboo sheets are pre-shrunk before sewing to ensure that when they are washed,the degree of shrinkage is greatly reduced. Still, some aren’t pre-shrunk so look out for this. However even Bamboo sheets that have been pre-shrunk will still shrink even further if you wash them with hot water and then hot dry.
Unless the care and instructions say otherwise, to maintain your bamboo sheets in their original size, always wash them in cold water and line dry or tumble dry low. Best quality ones are okay to machine wash at low temperatures too.
4. User guarantee and customer service
What better way to guarantee superior quality than a limited money back guarantee or exchange if the quality is not as advertised? If a retailer does not give you a guarantee for their product, then approach with caution given the huge number of fake Bamboo sheets in the market. Only buy from trusted sellers with good reviews.
Even though bamboo sheets are a relatively new entrant in the industry compared to other types of bed linens, there is no denying that they are increasingly becoming popular and will continue to do so.
In conclusion it is impossible to find popular sheets of any kind, including even the best of the best bamboo sheets that don’t have negative reviews. There will always be the “lemons” in any product, there will be those who don’t follow the care and instructions resulting in ruined sheets, or that simply, what works for someone may not work for someone else. Personally, I think the best quality Bamboo sheets offer great value for the money and are definitely worth buying!