Also known as casement air conditioners, sliding air conditioners are air conditioning units that come with double window brackets or can be modified for vertical installation at the bottom of window sashes.
Such modifications could include insulation of extra space with such things as wood and other materials after the AC has been installed. It’s therefore imperative that before you invest in a sliding window air conditioning unit, you first determine the height of the sliding window relative to the expandable mounting bracket that comes with the AC unit so that you know whether it will extend far enough to fit your window’s sash. If not, minor changes to your window’s opening may have to be done.
Most models available are not meant for sliding windows although still, there are several air conditioners available in different sizes, prices, features and working capabilities that can be used on sliding windows and doors. .
If you’re in the market for such a model then this review on the Best Window Air Conditioners for Sliding Windows may interest you but better still, this comprehensive guide contains no less than 10 of some of the best portable air conditioners that are fully compatible with sliding windows and for some, even sliding doors.
They’re built to be easily moved around and are very easy to install with the included window kits.
Products are available to purchase either through Amazon or Sylvane.
Review of the Best Portable Air conditioners for Sliding Windows
1. Honeywell MN14CCS Portable Air Conditioner
The portable Air Conditioners by the makers at Honeywell are undeniably one of the best AC brands for homeowners who don’t wish to install a permanent air conditioner.
The Honeywell MN14CCS Portable Air Conditioner comes complete with an adjustable window bracket from 19. 9 inches to 47. 25 inches and can be installed either vertically or horizontally.
Unit is not only safe and dependable, but it has also managed to combine three
functions into one. It’s able to function as a convenient air conditioner, a fan, and as a dehumidifier.
It comes with a traditional 3-speed fan system, a remote control, a washable filter, caster wheels for easy movement, and an LCD display with touch control buttons for easy adjustment of the settings.
It’s perfect for residential use in living rooms, basements, or large bedrooms and as indicated earlier, can be totally used on sliding windows as well. All the necessary materials needed for installation are included with your purchase, from the AC unit itself to the window kit, exhaust hose, hose connector, to the remote control and the instruction manual.
Features of the Honeywell MM14CCS Portable Air Conditioner
- 3-in-1 function – whether it’s in the hot summer or during those humid days, the Honeywell can function as a reliable dehumidifier, a fan, and as an air conditioner. As a dehumidifier, this unit can remove up to 66-pints of moisture in an hour. As a fan, the Honeywell has an airflow rating of 265 CFM and as an air conditioner, it has a maximum cooling power of 14,000 BTU which is enough to cover rooms up to 700 sq ft.
- Continuous Drainage – using a 75 inch hose, the Honeywell can continuously drain the collected condensate before it can accumulate in the unit. This eliminates the need for manual draining.
- Digital LCD display– the digital LCD display adds on the overall beauty of this air conditioner. It has a Blue illumination and feather-touch controls that allow you to easily adjust the thermostat settings, the fan speeds, the on/off button and the digital timer among other settings.
- Programmable timer with thermostat – the 24-hour programmable timer comes in handy as it allows you to pre-program this air conditioner to save on energy cost. The thermostat will maintain the ideal temperatures without any human intervention
- Removable filter – the removable washable filter system used in this air conditioner is very useful as it helps to trap as much dust, dander, allergens, and pet hair as possible to prevent or reduce any possible allergy attacks.
- Adjustable louvers – this allows you to adjust the airflow to where its most needed by moving the louvers and directing cool air to your specific location.
- 3-fan speeds – this air conditioner is equipped with a powerful 3-speed fan system that ranges from low, medium to high. The fan system is handy when the air conditioner cooling system is not needed.
- It comes with remote control for easy control from anywhere in the room.
- With a sound rating of 54dB, this air conditioner is quieter than most units within its price range.
- This model comes equipped with a washable air filter for cleaner air.
- Adjustable Airflow directing by moving the louvers.
- Has a full bucket Indicator/Auto Shutoff feature
- It uses the R-410A refrigerant which is considered to be environmentally safe.
- It has adjustable window brackets which can be installed either horizontally or vertically.
- This unit is equipped with caster wheels for easy mobility.
- No Auto-Restart feature
- Although it has caster wheels, this unit is heavy something that makes portability a little bit less effortless.
Most of the customers who’ve bought and used this unit have positively commented about the 3-in-1 design that allows it to function as an air conditioner, a ventilation unit and as a dehumidifier. Whether it’s a garage or a living room, this AC is said to perform really well at bringing the temperatures down.
Other customers have also appreciated the cool and very sturdy design that makes it stylish and complementary to home decor.
Nonetheless, a fraction of customers have expressed their concern over the noise level, and portability of the AC, as it’s said to be very heavy and restricting.
2. Toyotomi TAD-T40LW 14000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
It may not impress you with its looks nor is it one of the most popular portable air conditioners products in the marketplace. However, in terms of its efficiency and features, the Toyotomi TADT40LW 14000 BTU Air Conditioner is a great choice.
If your room or garage is anywhere from 500 to 700 sq ft, the Toyotomi is perhaps a good deal as it has a high 14,000 BTU of cooling power and a superb heat pump that has a heating capacity of 11,000 BTU.
This is a dual-hosed model with automatic self evaporating capabilities and has received multiple positive feedback for price and value.
It can very well be used on sliding windows between 28.25 and 37 inches and window kit is included with your purchase.
Features of the Toyotomi TAD-T40LW 14000 BTU Air Conditioner
- Multiple functions – This AC is equipped with features that enable it to be an appliance that cools, fans, heats and dehumidifies.
- High EER rating – the higher the EER an air conditioner has, the more efficient it is in terms of power usage. For the case of the Toyotomi, this AC has an EER rating of 10.0 which is generally an excellent score.
- Dual hose design – dual hose air conditioners are said to be more efficient than their single-hosed counterparts. While single-hose units use indoor air for compressor cooling, dual hose air conditioners use and vent outdoor air making them faster and more efficient. This is because one exhaust hose draws air in from the outside and uses the air to cool the Air Conditioner’s internal components, as the second exhaust hose pushes out warm air outside. So the fact that the 2 hoses do different jobs means that there is less chance that warm air being expelled out will act against the cooling process.
- 11,000 BTU heat pump – heat pumps are fast growing in popularity in recent times. By adding a heat pump to the Toyotomi, the unit can heat a room much faster, though its efficiency is determined by several factors such as the height of the ceiling and proximity to other heating sources such as electrical equipment and room’s exposure to sunlight.
- Partial self-evaporating system – drainage is a critical factor that must be considered when shopping for an air conditioner. To avoid build-up of condensed moisture, Toyotomi has employed a brilliant self-evaporating system that allows moisture to dry up faster before it can accumulate for manual emptying or for the need to use a drainage hose.
- Fitted with rolling casters – 4 casters that will enable easy movement of the unit easily wherever its needed from room to room.
- Programmable 24-hour timer – that enables you to program the unit to turn on or off between 1 and 24 hours in advance conveniently.
- Remote control – for easy and convenient usage, this air conditioner is equipped with a special remote control that makes it easier for you to operate the machine remotely from anywhere in the room instead of having to get to unit to fumble with the controls.
- 4 in one operation unit that cools, fans, heats and dehumidifies.
- Can be moved easily with the help of the casters.
- You get a handheld remote with this unit.
- You won’t have to manually empty the water because the unit evaporates most of the condensate.
- LED indicator alerts you water tank is full and also the unit will stop operating to prevent overflowing.
- It has lots of cooling and heating power.
- Its high EER rating makes it more efficient.
- It has a programmable timer.
- Uses the environment- safe R-410A refrigerant.
- Some customers claim it’s quite heavy for a portable unit, but that’s where the rolling casters will come in handy.
- It also doesn’t restart automatically in case of power outage.
Most customers who’ve bought and used the Toyotomi are practically ecstatic with the purchase especially when they compare it with their previously owned models. A high number of them have loved the self-evaporating system stating that it eliminates the need to use the collection bucket.
Other customers have appreciated its high portability while a few others have loved the high 14,000 BTU cooling power that allows it to serve huge rooms.
On the other end of the spectrum, customers have complained about two key areas, one of which is the portable heat pump and the other being the noisy fan. The pump — as some of the customers say is not very powerful and doesn’t warm large rooms. The fan, on the other hand, is said to be quite noisy especially when operating on the highest setting.
3. Friedrich 12,000 BTU Portable Room Air Conditioner
The Friedrich 12,000 BTU Air Conditioner is another sliding window capable unit that serves as an air conditioner, a dehumidifier and as a fan. Its 3-in-1 system alongside its impressive cooling capacity of
12,000 BTU makes it convenient for small to medium rooms with room coverage of up to 400 sq ft.
If you live in regions that experience regular temperature fluctuations, then, of course, you require an air conditioner that serves multiple purposes. As a dehumidifier, this unit can remove about 6-pints of moisture per hour and is designed with a drain pump for continuous drainage.
As a ventilation system, the Friedrich has a maximum CFM of 252 and as an air conditioner; it has a cooling capacity of 12,000 BTU, a dual-hose system and a self-evaporative system that saves you the need to use a bucket for emptying purposes.
It can be very well be installed on double-hung or 26 to 46 inches vertical windows and the kit is included.
Features of the Friedrich 12,000 BTU Air Conditioner
- 3-in-1 system – this portable Air Conditioner by Friedrich is designed to perform more than one task. It works as an air conditioner, a dehumidifier and as a fan making it the best option for regions that experience regular temperature changes.
- Auto-restart feature – the auto-restart feature is very handy as it allows the Friedrich to restart automatically to its most recent setting after a power outage.
- 24-hour timer – if you’re a homeowner always on the go, this feature will benefit you immensely as it allows you to program the air conditioner to turn on and off after a specified time.
- Reusable filter- the AC comes fitted with an antimicrobial filter. This filter is easily removable for easy washing making it budget-friendly.
- Dual hose system – the dual hose system allows the Friedrich to provide faster cooling as compared to single-hose units. It allows conditioned air to return to the room instead of venting outside.
- The 3-fan speed system – allows you to adjust the speed from low, medium to high.
- Full self-evaporative feature – again, this is a brilliant addition to the Friedrich as it allows the AC to automatically dry up condensed moisture to prevent water build-up. With this feature, you won’t need to empty the condensate.
- Triple functionality, cools, fans and dehumidifies.
- Automatically restarts in case if power failure.
- While the some units offer a partial self-evaporation system this one is a fully self-evaporating unit and therefore almost zero need to empty the bucket periodically.
- The dual hose system makes this AC more efficient as compared to its single-hose counterparts.
- Louvers are adjustable for directional airflow.
- Equipped with with condensate overflow protection that automatically shut offs the unit should the condensate tank fill.
- It has a long 6 ft cord that allows you to place it in any location of your choice.
- It also has caster wheels for easy mobility.
- The antimicrobial dual filters can easily be accessed for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Refrigerant Type is R-410A which is environment friendly.
- No remote control comes with the unit, any setting and adjusting is done from the unit’s control panel.
- Some customers have complained about the machine being too loud.
The Friedrich is a very strong AC that comes with many brilliant features. Most customers who’ve purchased it have preferred the Friedrich over other units due to its smart multi -functional capability that allows it to work as a fan, an AC, and as a dehumidifier.
Customers who have previously owned other models have appreciated the Friedrich over the rest due to its dual hose design. Other customers have loved the easy installation but most of all, its powerful performance.
Despite its impressive performance, a fraction of the customers have complained about the fan being too loud during operation while others have complained that the machine doesn’t cool as well s they expected.
4. Whynter ARC-12SD 12,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner
Coming with a fully loaded window kit that includes a window slider panel that is adjustable from 20 to 46 inches, the Whynter ARC-12SD 12,000 Air Conditioner is a portable model that can be used on sliding windows.
This air conditioner is designed to deliver a massive 12,000 BTU of cooling power that’s enough to handle medium rooms up to 400 sq ft, from bedrooms, and living rooms, to garages and workshops.
It has three operational modes: air conditioner, fan, and dehumidifier, three cooling speeds, and three fan speeds that allow you to manage your indoor temperature with easily.
In fan mode, the Whynter has an airflow of 188 CFM while in dehumidifying mode, it can suck up 96 pints of moisture in a day. This AC is designed with a dual-hose system, a self-evaporating technology, a carbon filter and a washable pre-filter to trap smokes, odors, dust, and harmful allergens.
Features of the Whynter ARC-12SD 12,000 Portable Air Conditioner
- Dual hose design – in its AC mode, the Whynter uses its advanced dual hose design to cool a room more efficiently than single-hose units.
- Full self-evaporative system – the automatic evaporative system allows the Whynter to automatically get rid of condensed moisture to prevent accumulation.
- 2-filter system– to provide you with fresh breathing air, the Whynter is fitted with two functional filters unlike most other AC units, which are the carbon filter and the washable pre-filter.
- 3 operational modes – for those who live in regions that experience temperature changes, the Whynter can function as an AC, a dehumidifier, and as a fan. This feature is really helpful as it saves you the cost of having to buy all the three separate appliances.
- 24-hour timer and thermostat – the digital programmable timer is another brilliant feature as this allows the machine to automatically turn on/off after a pre-defined period. You can adjust cooling temperatures from 61 to 89 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Smooth rolling Caster wheels – with a weight of 71 pounds, the Whynter may be quite bulky. Thankfully, with the caster wheels on board, this machine can move freely from one room to another by just pushing it.
- Auto-restart – finally, this unit comes with an auto-restart feature that allows it to restart automatically after a power interruption.
- LCDI safety plug – it’s equipped with Leakage-Current Detection and Interruption (LCDI) plugs to protect against hazards caused by fire.
- Double exhaust hoses for increased cooling efficiency.
- The Whynter is designed with a user-friendly interface that’s very easy to use.
- This is odor eliminating as it comes fitted with a carbon filter.
- Automatically removes most (if not all) of the collected moisture so you won’t have to manually
- Full tank indicators that automatically stop AC from running to prevent moisture overflow.
- Adjustable Louvers for directional airflow to where it’s most needed
- It uses an eco-friendly R-410A refrigerant that’s RoHS compliant.
- It comes with remote control for easy adjusting of the settings from anywhere across the room.
- At 56 dB, the Whynter is practically louder than most ACs we’ve reviewed here.
The Whynter has been welcomed with positive criticism from over 80% of the customers. Most of them have appreciated the efficiency and powerful performance and customer support team stating that it’s very responsive when answering customer queries.
However, a fraction of customers have complained about the loud noise produced by this unit.
5. Frigidaire 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
The Frigidaire 14,000 Portable BTU Air Conditioner is one of the most powerful units we’ve reviewed in this guide. It comes with a high 14,000 BTU cooling power that makes it ideal for large rooms up to 700 sq ft. It can be installed on sliding windows.
As a dehumidifier, the unit can suck out 3.5 pints of condensed moisture in an hour. It comes with a 24-hour programmable timer, 3-fan speeds, 3-heating speeds, and 3-cooling speeds for optimal performance.
Features of the Frigidaire 14,000 BTU Air Conditioner
- Dehumidifying and cooling options – with both heating and cooling settings, the unit can adjust accordingly to offer you the best heating and cooling solutions regardless of the outdoor temperature.
- Programmable timer and thermostat – this AC can be customized to meet your schedule. With the 24-hour timer, you can easily set the machine to automatically turn on/off in half-hour increments.
- Remote control – with the remote control, you can easily adjust the fan speed and temperature without necessarily having to use the control panel on the unit.
- Reusable filter – this portable AC is also equipped with an antimicrobial filter that helps to reduce odors, dust, and airborne particles from your indoor space. This filter is removable for easy washing and will therefore save on costs replacement costs.
- Multi-speed fan – for optimum flexibility, the model is designed with a 3-fan speed system
that allows you to maneuver from the highest, the medium to the lowest mode.
- Adjustable auto-swing louvers – the oscillating louvers are quite uncommon in most air conditioners. They are very useful as they enable the fan to direct the flow of air to the required direction.
- Auto-restart mode – finally, we have the auto-restart mode. This feature allows this portable air conditioner to automatically resume operation after a power outage or a shutoff caused by a system malfunction.
- Rolling casters – for easy maneuvering and movement room to room.
- Powerful 3- in -1 that will cool, fan and dehumidify your rooms
- This unit has a user-friendly control panel.
- It’s powerful enough to cover large rooms up to 700 sq ft.
- It has a programmable timer and thermostat that allows it to function independently.
- It comes with remote control for easy operation.
- Allows for adjustable airflow to specific directions
- Has wheels for easy movement
- Equipped with a washable air filter and an odor control filter.
- Full Bucket Indicator /auto shutoff is installed in the unit
- Auto-Restart in case of power interruption
- Uses R-410 eco-friendly refrigerant
The unit is loved for it’s high performance output and its in-built features. The easy installation was also a plus for some. Just as advertised, it’s able to cool up to 700 sq ft easily just like it says
6. DeLonghi PACAN140EKF3A Pinguino Portable Air Conditioner with Wi-Fi
If you’re a tech enthusiast looking for an AC that will quench your tech-loving nature, then the DeLonghi PACAN140EKF3A Pinguino Portable Air Conditioner is exactly what you need.
The DeLonghi PACAN140EKF3A also comes with a 24-hour digital timer and an advanced WI-FI technology that lets you operate the AC from any location.
This AC like all other portable air conditioners reviewed here, is perfect for use in double-hung and sliding windows up to 39 inches wide. A purchase includes a window bracket that locks into place easily and will not require any tools for installation.
The unit uses 14,000 BTU of cooling power to manage rooms as large as 500 sq ft. It’s a multifunctional AC that operates as a dehumidifier, a fan, and as an air conditioner. It comes with remote control and it uses an Eco-friendly R-410A ozone-safe refrigerant.
Features of the DeLonghi PACAN140EKF3A Pinguino Portable Air Conditioner
- Multi-function – the DeLonghi is designed to multitask to increase comfort in your indoor space. As a dehumidifier, this unit removes up to 80 pints of condensate per day. As a fan, this AC has a maximum airflow of 350CFM and as an AC, it uses 14,000 BTU of cooling power to manage rooms up to 500 sq ft.
- WI-FI technology – the DeLonghi can be synced with your Android Smartphone or iOS device via an app to function remotely. By downloading the app via iTunes or Google Play, you can remotely control this AC regardless of whether you’re at home or away in your office.
- Air filter – this unit uses Bio Silver Air filter that captures odors and particulates from the air. The filter is easily accessible for fast routine cleaning.
- Remote control – with the remote control, you can easily operate this unit from across the room. You can also use your Smartphone or tablet to do the same.
- No drip technology, fully self evaporative– this technology relies on a condensate recirculation system that vents moisture outside instead of having to use a bucket.
- 3-fan speeds – last but not least, the DeLonghi is equipped with a 3-fan speed system that allows you to adjust the fan from low, medium to high. If you’re on the go, you can activate the auto fan that lets the unit to adjust automatically.
- Wi-fi enabled model
- Remote is also included
- Powerful maximum airflow of 350 CFM.
- Full self evaporative meaning most if not all of the condensate is eliminated so you won’t have to do it manually.
- The DeLonghi has a decent temperature range that ranges from 61°F—95°F.
- The display has touch controls that are very easy to use.
- Louvers are adjustable for directional airflow.
- Fitted with Caster heels for smooth rolling from room to room
- It uses an Eco-friendly refrigerant.
- This unit does not come with a programmable timer.
- No Auto-restart feature so in case of any power interruption, you will have to restart the unit manually.
The DeLonghi has been welcomed with positive feedback from the majority of the buyers. Customers have loved the powerful cooling power, the easy installation while others have appreciated the convenient Wi-Fi control that eliminated the need to use the remote control provided entirely.
7. Soleus Air 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
Completely usable in sliding windows, the Soleus Air KY120 12,000 BTU Air Conditioner comes complete with a window kit that you can use to install it in sliding windows of 25″-51.5″ and sliding glass doors up to 4.6 feet long.
This AC is packed with an impressive 12,000 BTU of cooling power which is enough to handle rooms up to 450 sq ft. It’s a 2-in-1 unit that functions as an air conditioner and as a dehumidifier.
As a dehumidifier, the Soleus Air KY120 can suck out an impressive 117 pints of moisture per day making it among the best performing air conditioning dehumidifiers in the market.
It has a noise level of 54dB when operating in the highest mode and it’s further equipped with excellent features which include; a digital thermostat, a programmable timer, a bucket full indicator, and adjustable louvers for precise air circulation.
Features of the Soleus Air KY120 12,000 BTU Air Conditioner
- Simple touch controls – allows for effortless operation and control of all the AC’s functions.
- Auto-oscillating and Adjustable louvers – these louvers are 4-way directional and are designed to distribute air uniformly throughout the room and in any direction you want.
- Programmable timer and digital thermostat – with the digital timer, you can set the Soleus Air KY120 to turn on/off at specific times during the day.
- LCDI safety plug – one key factor you should consider when buying an electrical appliance is the level of safety. For the case of the Soleus Air KY120, this unit is equipped with an LCDI safety plug that protects the unit and your home against electrical fires.
- Bucket full indicator alert – with the bucket full indicator, the Soleus Air KY120 will use the onboard light to notify you when the backup water tank is full.
- 3-in-1 function
- The Soleus Air KY120 is designed with caster wheels for easy mobility.
- The touch control panel is very easy to operate.
- The Soleus Air KY120 also has a remote control for hassle-free operation.
- This air conditioner is cheaper compared to other models on this list.
- You can direct airflow where you need with the adjustable louvers
- Partially self-evaporative unit
- Auto-restart feature is built into the AC unit
- Environment friendly R-410A Refrigerant Type
Overall, the Soleus Air KY120 is a great model. Those who’ve bought and used it have appreciated the performance, the price and the easy installation process.
A few others have loved the LED remote control and the touch control panel stating that it makes it easier for you to adjust the settings.
8. LG LP1417SHR 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Heater
Fully compatible with sliding widows, the LG LP1417SHR Portable Air Conditioner is multifunctional unit that an AC, a heater, dehumidifier, and a fan.
It has an in-build heat pump for extra power and a dehumidifying capability that lets it remove up to 3.1 pints of moisture from the air per hour. It has a cooling power of 14,000 BTU and a heating capacity of 12,000 BTU making it convenient for both winter and
The LG LP1417SHR is designed to handle rooms up to 500 sq ft making it ideal for bedrooms and living rooms.
If you’re looking for an AC with extra features such as multiple fan speeds, on/off timer, auto-restart and auto-swinging louvers, then the LG LP1417SHR is exactly what you need to buy.
Features of the LG LP1417SHR Portable Air Conditioner
- Auto-swing air vent technology – this technology allows automatic oscillation of the swing
louvers to ensure that every part of the room receives an equal amount of cold or hot air.
- Heat pump – although most air conditioners are designed to serve during hot summer seasons, the LG LP1417SHR goes beyond this by adding an in-built pump with a 12,000 BTU heating power to provide supplemental heat during cold months.
- Multi-fan speed – regardless of which mode you’re using, the LG LP1417SHR is equipped with a 3-fan speed system that lets you adjust the fan from low, medium to high.
- On/off timer – this is an automatic feature that lets you set the timer to automatically turn the machine on or off up to 24 hours in advance.
- Auto-restart – in case of a power outage, you won’t have to worry about the LG LP1417SHR as it will automatically restart with the last saved settings without being compromised.
- Multi-functional – the LG LP1417SHR can function as an AC, a dehumidifier, and as a fan. In fan mode, this unit has a maximum CFM of 278 while in dehumidification mode; it’s able to remove up to 3.1 pints of moisture per hour. In AC mode, the LG LP1417SHR model has a high cooling capacity of 14,000 BTU and supplemental heat of 12,000 BTU.
- Provides supplemental heat, dehumidifies, cools and fans all in one unit
- It has a user-friendly design that makes it easy to operate.
- It has a long 6ft power cord that gives you the freedom to place it almost anywhere.
- It has an energy-saving mode that lets you save as much power as possible.
- There’s a washable air filter that captures dust, and other airborne irritants.
- It resumes operation automatically after power interruption
- Auto-oscillating and adjustable louvers for even airflow distribution and directional airflow.
- Remote Control is included
- Rolling wheels are built-in for movement
- Full bucket alert/auto shutoff feature is installed
- R-410A refrigerant type that is environment friendly
- This unit is quite noisy on high.
Customers who’ve had the chance to use this AC appreciated the sleek design, the easy installation process, and most importantly, the high cooling capability.
9. Whynter ARC-14SH 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner with Heater
Window and sliding door capable, a budget-friendly option designed with high efficiency and better performance, the Whynter ARC-14SH can handle rooms up to 500 sq ft.
For those living in regions that experience frequent temperature fluctuations, the unit can function as a dehumidifier, a fan, and as an AC. As a dehumidifier, this unit is able to remove up to 101 pints of moisture from the air in a day. In fan mode, it uses its 3-fan speeds with the highest running at 222CFM while in AC mode; it has a cooling power of 14,000 BTU and 13,000 BTU in heat mode.
The Whynter ARC-14SH is a Dual Hose type of AC and is designed with a unique combination of black and chrome finish that gives it an aesthetic appeal when displayed in your living room or bedroom space. Since it’s designed for indoor use, Whynter has used an Eco-friendly R-410A refrigerant that’s RoHS compliant.
Buy from AMAZON HERE
Features of the Whynter ARC-14SH Dual Hose Air Conditioner
- Multiple venting Options – The Whynter ARC-14SH Portable Air Conditioner can be vented through a wall, window, or sliding door and it comes complete with the necessary window kit and all other accessories you’ll need for either of this installations.
- Dual-hose operation – cools faster and and more efficiently compared to single-hosed ACs.
- 3-fan speeds – in its fan mode, you can easily adjust the speed of the fan from low, medium to high depending on the temperature conditions in your room.
- Remote control – with the remote control, you’ll be able to adjust the timer, the fan speed and the temperature and view them easily via the LCD display.
- Thermostatic control and Programmable timer – with the programmable timer, you’ll be able to adjust the time in an easy set-and-go operation to run even when you’re away. The thermostat will enable the AC to power on and off to maintain your set temperatures.
- 4-in-1 model – to suit various conditions, the Whynter ARC-14SH can multitask and function as a fan, a dehumidifier, a heater and as an AC.
- 2 filters – this Whynter model is equipped with two filters which are the carbon filter and the washable pre-filter. The carbon filter removes smoke and odors while the replaceable filter traps larger particles of dust, dander, and pet hair.
- Auto-drain technology – in its AC mode, the Whynter ARC-14SH doesn’t require you to manually empty condensed moisture. Instead, it uses self-evaporative technology to dry up condensate automatically.
- Auto-shutoff/full bucket indicator – this feature allows this machine to shut off automatically whenever the water tank is full of condensate moisture.
- 4 functions-in-1 Unit
- The unit is stylish and blends well with most interior décor.
- It has a thermostatic control to independently monitor and manage your indoor temperatures.
- Equipped with odor control filter
- It comes with rolling casters for easy mobility.
- Fully self-evaporative in most environments so no manual draining will be required.
- Remote control is included with the unit
- It uses an environmentally-friendly R-410A refrigerant.
- If a power interruption is experienced, the unit automatically powers up and resumes operating from the last saved setting.
- You can direct the airflow to any direction using the adjustable louvers
- With a noise level of 56 dB, this unit is can be noisy on high setting.
The Whynter ARC-14SH is an excellent air conditioner that’s not only powerful but also impressive in terms of performance. Most of the recent customers who’ve bought and used it have admired its efficiency and high 14,000 BTU cooling power stating that it’s the best to consider for medium rooms.
A few others have loved the sleek design while others have appreciated the caster wheels stating that it’s much easier to push the unit from one room to another.
10. Honeywell HL14CESWB Series 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
Finally, Honeywell HL 14CESWB Air Conditioner can also be easily installed on Sliding Windows with the help of an adjustable kit of between 26.6 to 49.6 inches.
Its 3-in-1 technology lets it combine the power of a fan, a dehumidifier, and an air conditioner to help create a favorable environment for you and your family.
The Honeywell HL 14CESWB is designed with a LED digital display that contains all the necessary commands. It comes with a continuous drainage system, a dual filter system, thermal overload protection and a high cooling/heating power that lets it cover large rooms from 550 —700 sq ft.
Buy from AMAZON HERE
Features of the Honeywell HL 14CESWB Air Conditioner
- Dual filter – the dual filters are both removable for easy cleaning and they help trap dust,
allergens and harmful particles.
- LED display – the LED display is very useful as it helps you to program the AC instead of using the remote control.
- 3-in-1 design – with the multifunctional feature, this unit can function as a dehumidifier, a fan, and as an AC. As a dehumidifier, the Honeywell HL 14CESWB can suck out up to 111 pints of moisture per day and has a continuous drainage system that drains condensate to the outside. As a fan, it has a 3-fan speed system with a high airflow of 241 CFM. As an air conditioner, this machine has a cooling power of 14,000 BTU making it one of the mightiest in the AC business.
- Automatic Mode – which automatically selects a mode to run based on the room’s ambient temperatures.
- 24-hour timer – with the 24-hour timer, you can easily set the machine to go on/off after a
- Sleep mode – this feature is best used at night as it runs whisper-quietly to prevent any nighttime interruptions.
- Rolling casters – although the Honeywell HL 14CESWB has a weight of 64 pounds, the rolling casters are critical as they help you to easily maneuver the machine from one room to another.
- 3-in-1 operation
- This unit has a sleep mode that saves on energy cost.
- It has a remote control for convenient operation and control.
- Indicator light will alert you when the internal bucket needs emptying
- It has a long 6ft power cord and a 4 ft exhaust hose that allows for non-restrictive positioning.
- Equipped with an automatic mode
- Automatically resumes operating once power is restored after an outage.
- Uses R410A refrigerant which is environment friendly
- Unlike most models on this list, the louvers on this unit aren’t adjustable. This means that the unit’s louvers cannot be moved to direct airflow form one direction to another.
Overall, the Honeywell HL 14CESWB is a powerful, stylish, and charming air conditioner that’s set to take your cooling, heating, fanning, and dehumidifying needs to the next level. Customers who’ve reviewed this unit have appreciated its great efficiency while others have liked the easy installation process.
Several of them also loved the rolling casters that make it easier to push this AC from one area to another.
Buyer’s Guide—Factors to Consider When Buying a Portable Air Conditioner for Sliding Windows
- Window kit size – Ensure you determine your window size first so that as you’re shopping you’ll be able to pick the right adjustable window kit for your needs.
- Cooling power – The first critical factor you need to think of when buying an air conditioner is the amount of power it delivers. The higher the power, the bigger the area it can cover. In this case, always look at the BTU (British Thermal Units) rating of the air conditioner.
- Air speeds – consider the number of fan speeds. Some models have two fan
speed modes while others have up to 4 fan speeds. Models with 3 or 4 fan speeds are the best and more functional.
- Filtration – go for air conditioners with effective air and odor filters. Since filters help to trap dust, allergens, and particulates from the air, you will want to buy a model with long-lasting filters or filters that are easily removable and washable for reusing. If you get one with carbon filters for odor elimination, then that’s a bonus feature that’s great to have in your AC.
- Efficiency – A good air conditioner is the one that works efficiently without draining your power. To avoid high power consumption, always look for a model with a high Energy Efficient Rating (EER). The higher the rating, the less power an AC will use to cool your home.
- Location – Another key factor you need to consider is the location of the window to which you’re planning to install the air conditioner. Here, the problem is not the window but rather the distance from the power outlet. If the power outlet is too far, you’ll need to incur an extra cost of buying an extension cord.
- Warranty – Finally, you need to think about the product warranty in case of product malfunction. Check the length of the warranty as well as how much it’s able to cover.
If you’re looking for a way to beat the summer season in style, then you’re not alone. Although your home’s ventilation system might do the job, it may not be equipped to work with your sliding window or handle it well enough on a room to room basis like how a portable air conditioner can.
Luckily, in this guide, we’ve reviewed ten of the best portable air conditioners that are compatible with sliding windows. The best thing about each of these units is that they’re capable of handling more than just one task. Therefore, instead of buying separate machines, why not choose any of them to dehumidify, ventilate and heat up your indoor space?