There is nothing more important than getting a good night’s sleep and feeling well rested in your life. Comfort is a basic human requirement. Thankfully, as society and technology progress, comfort is becoming more and more accessible in a variety of ways, shapes, and forms. One such advancement with comfort are memory foam mattress toppers.
It is important to have a comfortable mattress, either soft or firm depending on personal preferences. To add another dimension of comfort for self-care, a foam mattress topper can be the perfect solution.
Throughout this article, we will take a closer look at memory foam mattress toppers, what they do, how they can benefit you, the best rated types, how to buy one and how they compare with other types of mattress toppers. Now is the time to find out if a mattress topper is the right solution in your life.
What is a foam mattress topper?
A foam mattress topper is something that is designed to improve comfort and support in the bed. Foam mattress toppers are made from supportive memory foam material. This adds another level of comfort to a good night’s sleep. Many people who use memory foam toppers say that it transforms the way they sleep and helps their body to adjust to the feel of the mattress.
Foam mattress toppers can have dual usages. They can be used in the bed at home or taken on the road in a camper van or camping in a tent to ensure that you remain well supported while out traveling.
When do you need a memory foam mattress topper?
There are many factors that come into place when deciding to get a mattress foam topper. It might be a matter of cost effectiveness over buying a new mattress or reasons relating to your health and comfort.
Here are some scenarios where you might consider buying a foam mattress topper:
- You aren’t sleeping well at night and your mattress is disrupting your sleep.
- You need more support on your back when you sleep at night.
- Your mattress is aging but you don’t want to buy a new one yet.
- You’ve experienced a muscle injury or tightness in your back and need something more comfortable.
- You are getting older and want to ensure you are getting the best night’s sleep possible.
- You’re pregnant or just had a child and need something more comfortable.
Mattress toppers made of various materials and consequently have different characteristics. Because different users have varying preferences, there is a need to pay attention to the type of topper you want to purchase and what you stand to benefit from each based on its features. Below we take a look at some of the best selling and best rated mattress toppers;
Best Brands for meomory foam toppers
Obviously, there is no shortage of memory form toppers but like anything else few brands stand out;
- Red Nomad memory foam mattress toppers: With the a popular foam mattress topper of premium quality products, this brand is trusted and for delivering what they promise. They are also highly rated for their excellent customer service.
- Sleep Innovations memory foam mattress toppers: With 20+ years of expertise promise to offer mattress toppers that will help you sleep cooler, deeper and more comfortably without spending as much.
- Dreamfoam bedding memory foam mattress toppers: With over 20 years selling mattress products Dreamfoam believe they are experts in memory foam toppers to offer a range of toppers that a promise better sleep.
- Linenspa memory foam mattress toppers: Linespa prides itself in listening to people and giving them exactly what they need for their bedrooms needs. Their foam mattress toppers are affordable and perform optimally to enhance comfort and support in the bed.
- Lucid memory foam mattress toppers: Lucid believes that everyone deserves to sleep just how they want and they therefore have a wide selection of mattress toppers to suit every need.
Best Memory Foam Toppers of 2018 Reviews
1. Red Nomad Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Red Nomad sell a mattress topper which they believe offer one of the best night’s sleep of your life!
In a range of sizes including California King, King, Queen, Full,Twin and Twin XL and with a choice of 2” to 4” thickness to select from, this mattress topper is complete with ultra-premium viscoelastic memory foam.
Whether it your location, hot summer or you who suffer from night sweats, you can find respite in this mattress topper. The cool Cycle Polymer incorporated into the design facilitates airflow and prevents heat from being trapped within the bed. So instead of a hot, sweaty and uncomfortable night, you stay cool and comfortable all night and wake feeling refreshed and rested.
Delicately crafted, Red Nomad claims to understand the science behind sleep, which has led to their advanced quality mattress topper providing all-over support. With a certified guarantee behind it, this mattress topper keeps the user fresh and offers a most relaxing and comfortable night’s sleep every time.
Made in their USA factory, Red Nomad provides a snugger fit with their mattress topper, equaling a better overall placement on the bed.
Customers rate Red Nomad’s mattress topper for its softness in feel, alongside its ability to offer excellent support while keeping the body temperature regulated during use. Also, neck and back sufferers have high praises for this topper.
- Comfortable support: This topper was constructed with comfort in mind, whether it’s a worn out mattress, a firm mattress or whatever, this topper was made to make your bed more comfortable.
- Top certified quality: This topper is one of the bestselling and highest rated and reason being is that you get what you paid for. it’s premium construction is in accordance with the accordance with the CertiPUR-US program which means guaranteed quality!
- Keeps you cool: Features a cool Cycle Polymer that is responsible for cooling and temperature regulation for a better comfortable sleep.
- Perfect for back pains and joint pains: This topper has been crafted in such a way that those who suffer from arthritis, neck, back pains can find some relieve with this topper.
- Perfect for all types of sleepers: Side, stomach or back sleepers can use this topper.
- Buyer guarantee: Backed by a 5 year warranty.
2. Sleep Innovations Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Sleep Innovations sell a mattress topper which they are so confident will improve your sleeping experience immediately, that they offer a 5-year warranty with it!
Proudly constructed in the USA, the Sleep Innovations mattress topper is perfect for all side, stomach and back sleepers and guarantees a sounder and deeper sleep from its added comfort. Able to evenly distribute all weight, this topper works at reducing painful pressure points while cradling your body’s shape.
With an ability to enhance the natural airflow and breathability, this product works to keep you in a deep and comforting slumber throughout the night, at the same time extending the life of your current mattress.
Customers rate Sleep Innovations mattress topper for the sheer comfort it offers during the sleeping process, alongside its higher density foam offering. It is also considered a long wearing product. There have however, been reports of very strong chemical smells with some purchases.
- Comfortable: Molds to your body and distributes body weight evenly for a comfortable and improved quality of sleep.
- Ideal for all types of sleepers: Side, back or stomach sleepers can comfortably use this topper.
- Breathable: Allows for optimal optimal ventilation instead of trapping in excess heat so that you stay cool and comfortable throughout the night.
- Warranty: Comes with a 5 year limited warranty.
3. Dreamfoam Bedding Gel Swirl Memory Foam Topper
Dreamfoam Bedding sell a mattress topper which they feel offers many environmental advantages, as well as the ultimate in the perfect night’s sleep!
With an ability to enhance the natural airflow and breathability, this product works to keep you in a deep and comforting slumber throughout the night, at the same time extending the life of your current mattress.
Available in sizes including King, Queen, Short Queen, Twin, Full, California King, Twin XL and Full/X-Large, this US made mattress topper comes complete with a 3-year warranty.
Made using soft visco elastic memory foam, this Dreamfoam foam mattress topper works to encourage an additional comfort to your current mattress, increasing the quality of your sleep.
Additionally, this mattress toppers foam is CertiPUR-US certified, meaning it’s made without any harmful chemicals or environmentally damaging products and is thoroughly safe for use on all beds.
Customers rate Dreamfoam Bedding’s mattress topper as an incredibly relaxing addition to their sleep routine, which is thoroughly effective at alleviating painful conditions and offering a refreshing night’s sleep.
- Provides additional comfort: Which translates to overall improved quality of sleep.
- Certified top quality topper: this topper is crafted without any harmful products.
- Perfect for alleviating back pain: People who suffer from back pain have recommend this topper fro helping them get better sleep
- Warranty: Comes with a 3 year warranty.
4. SleepJoy ViscO2 Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper
SleepJoy sells a mattress topper which they feel provides users with a more luxurious nights sleep through its comforting ViscO2 memory design.
Made from a formula consisting predominately of plant-based ingredients, this open cell ViscO2 memory foam mattress topper is thoroughly vented and therefore more breathable as a result.
With pressure relief as standard in its comforting construction, SleepJoy’s product ensures there is less tossing and turning throughout the night and more sleeping!
For those who struggle with overheating during their sleep, this mattress topper encourages a greater airflow which results in a more hygienic and relaxed sleep.
Customers rate SleepJoy’s mattress toppers as the best choice of product offering a better grade of air circulation. Deemed an instant upgrade to current mattresses, the comfort level is also a big draw.
- Comfortable: Prefect for enhancing comfort and relieving pressure points.
- Breathable and keeps you cooler: This topper is designed using the open-cell memory foam that allows optimal ventilation throughout the entire sleep surface for increased cooling.
- Durable: For years of enjoyment this foam mattress topper is constructed using premium memory foam that maintains shape over time for years.
- CertiPUR-US certified Memory Foam quality: Does not contain any harmful products.
- Environment friendly: Topper is enhanced with materials derived from castor beans, and therefore has a lower carbon footprint than traditional memory foam.
- Comes with a limited 2-year warranty.
5. Linenspa Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Linenspa sell a mattress topper which they believe not only upgrades your current mattress but also improves your life at the same time!
Made from 100% polyurethane memory foam gel beads, this product has an exclusive infused gel material which is temperature regulated to prevent any overheating as you sleep. The open cell formula of Linenspa’s mattress topper creates one of the lighter and softer sleep experiences as it allows air to flow through it.
With an alignment to all body weights, users can be guaranteed of a comforting night’s sleep as the topper works on relieving all pressure points.
Customers rate the Linenspa mattress topper as most effective at keeping you a lot cooler than standard toppers due to its gel feature. Considered an all-around mattress topper, customers report a many decent night’s sleep with this addition.
- Thermal regulation and cooling effect: It is infused with a cooling gel that is responsible for distributing heat to help regulate temperature and keep you cool
- Breathable: The open cell memory foam allows optimal ventilation within the material while you sleep
- Perfect for night sweats: Great at cooling and temperature regulation, this topper is great for hot flushes, and just hot sleepers in general
- Comfortable: The topper is soft, plush and conforms to your body for a comfortable sleep.
- Perfect for alleviating joint pains: Aligns the spine and evenly distributes body weight while you sleep to relieve pressure points .
- 3-year warranty included.
6. Advanced Sleep Solutions Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Advanced Sleep Solutions sell an ultra-premium mattress topper which they believe provides all customers with a more cool and comfortable night’s sleep.
Claimed to offer a thoroughly enjoyable night’s sleep through its ability to minimize motion, the foam in this topper works to relieve pressure points alongside relaxing the muscles.
An environmentally friendly product, the Advanced Sleep Solutions topper is made using CertiPUR-US foam which also ensures it’s a good product choice..
With a design consisting of open cells, the topper works to offer a cooler night’s sleep by preventing any heat accumulation.
Customers rate the Advanced Sleep Solutions mattress topper as perfect for those who struggle to keep a regulated temperature throughout the night, as well as elevating any pain or discomfort usually experienced when sleeping.
- Cooling effect: It is infused with a cooling gel that prevents excess heat from being trapped , instead it’s redistributed evenly to help you stay cool.
- Breathable: The open cell memory foam allows optimal air circulation in the material so that the foam is more breathable to keep you cool while you sleep.
- Perfect for hot sleepers: Given its thermal regulation properties and breath-ability, this topper is perfect for keeping hot sleepers cool and night sweats at bay.
- Comfortable: It adds softness and support to your existing mattress.
- Perfect for relieving pressure points: Its softness and added support works to align the spine and relieve pressure points making it ideal for those who suffer from joint pains.
- CertiPUR-US certified: Topper is eco-friendly and does not contain any harmful products.
- Warranty: Comes with a 3 Year Manufacturers Warranty.
7. LUCID 5-Zone Lavender Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Lucid sell a unique 5-zone lavender mattress topper which they believe offers the a calm and soothing night’s sleep!
By creating five unique textured pressure zones, this product ensures that comfort is maximized, and pressure is reduced. Lucid believe that there are specific pressure points which, when reduced, can result in an uninterrupted night of sleep eliminating any unnecessary tossing and turning.
Backed by a 3-year warranty and produced using CertiPUR-US material, the addition of lavender infused into this mattress topper ensures a relaxing night’s sleep, aided by a beautiful scent.
Customers rate the Lucid mattress topper as a beautiful accompaniment to their mattress, with the scent of lavender a considerable advantage over many other toppers on the market that initially smell of chemicals.
- Comfortable support: With five specialized body zones this foam mattress topper enhances the comfort of your mattress.
- Sweet smelling: The topper comes infused with the scent of lavender with naturally soothing and relaxing properties.
- Certified quality: In accordance with the CertiPUR-US stipulations, this product is safe to use, environmental friendly.
- Breathable: It is airy for maximum air circulation which in turn means you stay cool
- Perfect for back pains and joint pains: This topper has been crafted in such a way that conforms to the body and distribute weight evenly so that those who suffer from arthritis, neck, back pains can find some form of relieve with this topper.
- Backed by a 3 year warranty.
8. Milliard Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Milliard sell a most luxurious of mattress toppers which they believe will rejuvenate your entire sleeping experience!
Available in sizes including Twin, Full, Queen and King, this 2” thick gel memory foam product also has a premium 2.5Ib density which works to keep the topper in shape and longer lasting than standard mattress toppers in the market.
With a luxurious design, the Milliard aims to mold softly to all the body’s curves,thereby reducing all pressure points and offering relief from a range of problems and symptoms, such as arthritis and joint pains.
With open cell technology used in its production, these toppers offer a cooler night’s sleep and work hard to regulate the temperature as you sleep.
With a complimentary cover included as standard, the silky-soft bamboo fiber addition means your topper will remain cleaner for longer and ensure less movement around the bed through its non-slip base.
Customers rate the Milliard mattress topper as a great performer in keeping you in pure luxury throughout the night, and all at such an impressively low price.
- Comes with a complimentary cover: A removable and washable silky-soft bamboo cover is included for your topper with a non-slip bottom to prevent it from moving around in bed.
- Durable: It’s expected to last years with daily usage without flattening and losing shape over time
- Hypoallergenic and anti-microbial properties: Making this topper the ideal choice for those who suffer from allergies.
- Comfortable support: For any worn out or firm mattress
- Certified memory foam mattress topper: CertiPUR-US certified as safe to use with no harmful chemicals or products and also environmental friendly.
- Breathable with thermal control features: Features an open-cell technology and gel infused design that work together to regulate temperature and facilitate maximum air circulation for cool sweat free nights.
- Perfect for relieving pressure points: From pressure points, soreness, joint pains to muscle pains and arthritis symptoms this topper will work to make your sleep a more comfortable one.
9. ViscoSoft Density Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Viscosoft offers a gel-infused memory foam that is breathable to facilitate airflow and heat redistribution to keep you cool and comfortable throughout the night. Made using high density memory foam, this topper is 3 inches think and prefect for relieving pressure points by aligning the spine. It is available in a selection of sizes including Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King and California King.
For convenience in cleaning and maintaining as well as to enhance the durability of the topper, a complimentary hypoallergenic machine-washable bamboo rayon cover is included. In addition bamboo tree is naturally antibacterial and antimicrobial which means that these features are also present in your mattress topper cover. The cover features adjustable elastic straps to secure it on the topper for a snug fit.
Customers who’ve had issues with back pains claim to have found relieve with this mattress topper, as it has greatly improved the quality of sleep and no more waking with back pains.
- Cooling and temperature regulation features: Ventilation holes ensure optimal air circulation ensures you stay coll throughout the night.
- Comfortable support: It is firm enough to provides a comfortable support.
- Comes with a complimentary cover: A removable and washable plush bamboo cover is included for your topper with a non-slip bottom to prevent it from moving around in bed.
- Durable: Weighs almost 40 and therefore expected to last years with daily use.
- Hypoallergenic cover: Allergy sufferers can find respite in this cover due to its ability to repel allergens.
- Perfect for relieving pressure pints: Eliminates pressure points and aligns the spine.
- 3 year warranty included.
Advantages and disadvantages of Memory foam toppers
Despite the many benefits of using a memory foam topper, it also has a number of disadvantages as well. Here are some of these pros and cons of using a memory foam topper.
Perhaps one of the most popular benefits of using memory foam toppers on your mattress is its ability to help you get a more comfortable sleep. For those older, saggy mattresses that may not provide the support and comfort needed a foam mattress topper is the solution.
With a foam mattress topper you are able to instantly add a luxurious layer of comfort to your uncomfortable mattress giving it new life without necessarily paying a lot for this upgrade.
Support and pain relieve
By making use of your body pressure and heat, a memory foam topper is able to adjust itself and contour to your body shape. By doing this it is able to offer support to your body’s pressure points and relieve muscle, joint, neck and back pain. This extra cushioning and support helps you get better sleep than with regular mattresses.
Foam mattress toppers are considered best for couples because off their ability to to prevent motion transfer. This means that you will likely sleep through the disturbance of your partners movements in bed as memory foam toppers are great at absorbing motions caused by movement instead of transferring them.
Enhance the lifespan of your mattress
A foam mattress topper can also help improve the longevity of your current mattress. Many people have issues with their mattress becoming uncomfortable over time. This is normal, given it is used on a daily basis for an extended period of time. Using a foam mattress topper can preserve the quality of your mattress, helping you get better value for your good night’s sleep.
Softens beds that are too firm
Another benefit of a memory foam topper is its ability to soften beds that are too firm, a feature common with newer mattresses .
Memory foam toppers are great for those with allergies. Because of its density, the possibility of allergens such as mold and dust building up on it is very low. This makes it a great choice for those who suffer regular allergies.
It offers a cheaper alternative to buying a new bed entirely
When you feel the need to get a new mattress and It’s currently out of your budget, getting a memory foam topper is a cheaper alternative to consider.
For those who prefer their mattresses to be extra thick, memory foam toppers add some extra thickness to your bed, giving it a stately feel and look.
Memory foam toppers lack the durability of a regular mattress. You will find that it begins to lose its elasticity, color and give off a bad smell overtime.
2. It can get too hot to use
Memory foam toppers retain body heat. As a result of this, it causes some people to get too hot which might make sleep uncomfortable especially for those living in warmer climates. However, the newer generation of memory toppers with gel-infused and open-cell memory technology are better designed to fix this problem.
3. Strong odors
Memory foams are synthetic and are thus filled with a lot of chemicals giving it that pungent smell. Thus a new one will give off a very strong odor which is referred to as off-gassing and is usually a big problem especially to people who have a sensitive nose. The best way to deal with this is to let a new foam air out for a while before you begin to use.
4. Harder to turn-over in
Memory foam toppers take longer to adjust to a new position when you turn. This makes it harder to turn over in. However, because it relieves pressure points, you will need to turn over less than you need to in a regular mattress which very much compensates for this.
1. Health issues
We grouped this separately from real cons because the verdict is still out on this one. There have been some concerns about the health and safety of users because of the materials that memory foam toppers are made up. But for now, no serious adverse effect has been proven yet. Hence there is really no need to panic.
2. Not very eco-friendly
Most memory toppers are made from polyurethane material which isn’t the eco-friendliest raw materials out there. A few exceptions exist though. These types like the SleepJoy ViscO2 Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper are made from plant-based oil substitutes and some recycled materials. But the bulk of memory foams are not very eco-friendly.
Aside from these few cons and minor concerns, many users of memory foam toppers testify to their ability to help them get better sleep. Memory foam toppers are also recommended by many doctors and chiropractors.
Factors to consider when buying a Memory foam topper
Buying a foam topper requires some thought. Just like buying a regular mattress, you cannot go to the market and pick up just any topper you find. There are certain things to look out for and some important points to consider. In order to guide you through your purchase, here are some of the things to put into consideration.
1. Type of memory foam material used
When shopping for foam toppers, one of the most important things to look out for is the type of memory foam used in making the topper. There are 3 types of memory foam toppers, the traditional foam that is great for body contouring to minimize pressure points, Gel memory foam toppers are perfect for body relaxation and also for alleviating body sores, arthritis symptoms, neck, back and joint pains. Air-cool memory foam mattress toppers on the other hand are perfect for dissipating heat for a cooling effecting throughout the night.
Because foam toppers are made with a variety of materials, and with a wide range of different thickness and density from different manufacturers, you will discover that they offer varying degrees of comfort as well.
However, you must note that comfort as has no generic definition when it comes to toppers. While you might define a comfortable foam topper as one that molds perfectly to your body shape, another buyer might prefer foam toppers that are responsive and bouncy. Comfort can also vary based on density and thickness of the topper in question. At the end of the day, you should go for what suits you after you have checked out and tested a variety of options.
3. Density and thickness
Foam toppers come in a variety of densities and thickness all of which have different effects on the quality of sleep you get on them. One of the major things to do when buying a foam topper is to make a comparison between your body weight and the thickness of the topper you are buying. If your weight is more than average for example, then you should consider buying a thicker foam.
Density is another important factor. The denser the foam is; the more support you get out of it. These factors generally vary from one brand to the other and also depend on the type of topper and the material it is made from.
4. Your preferred sleeping position
Most people have a specific sleeping position that is more comfortable for them. If you have one, it should be among the factors that will influence your decision on what type of foam topper to buy. If you prefer to sleep face down for example, then a thinner topper in the range of 2-2.5 inches should be good for you. While a thicker and denser topper is recommended if you prefer to sleep on your back or side.
Since your foam topper goes on top of a mattress, it is essential to compare the size of your topper to that of the mattress. This will determine what size of the topper to buy. While it is common to have slight deviations in sizes and your topper might not exactly fit the mattress, it is best to go for a topper that fits your mattress almost perfectly with only slight variations.
6. Ease of cleaning and maintenance.
You need to consider how easy cleaning and maintaining your topper will be before you buy. As mentioned earlier this will generally depend on the material that the topper is made from. A topper made from a cotton material is easier to clean than other types. You will, therefore, need to weigh your options and at the end of the day go for which option is more convenient for you.
While this might not be the very first factor you want to consider, you have to admit that your choice of many things, including a foam topper, depends on how much your budget allows you to spend. A pricey topper is not always better than a cheap one since an expensive topper might not always meet your needs or have all the qualities that you are looking for.
At the end of the day what choice you make will be all about finding the best foam topper for you within your budget. Because of all the different brands and options out there, finding the best isn’t always going to be easy. You will need to ask a lot of question and try out different options until you find the topper that suits you perfectly. But it is well worth the effort at the end of the day.
What is the difference between a mattress topper and a mattress pad?
There are many accessories available to create additional comfort on your mattress. It can get confusing hearing so many different terms like in the case of a mattress pad and a mattress topper
Differences between a mattress topper and a mattress pad.
First, a mattress pad adds an extra layer of comfort but one that is thinner than a mattress topper. A pad is generally attached with a fitted design sheet or straps that physically hold it onto the mattress. A topper varies here because it usually freestanding on top of the mattress with no straps holding it in place.
Mattress toppers are thicker than pads are. Although mattress toppers are most commonly made with memory foam, they can be made of other materials such as down, gel, cotton, wool or latex.
The overall goal of the two differs as well. A mattress pad is designed to prevent allergies and protect from dust. It also acts as a way to make a mattress waterproof. However, a mattress topper aims to create a new level of comfort and change the actual shape and feel of the original mattress.
Neither is better or worse than the other. A mattress pad or a mattress topper can have the right effects for the right person. It comes down to personal preference as to which one will work better in your life.
If you can’t decide between the two, consider asking yourself whether you are looking for something that adds more comfort, or something that is more for protecting the mattress. It is important to look at all aspects of your mattress and your reasons for buying before making a final decision.
Memory Foam Toppers Vs. Other Toppers
While memory foam toppers are generally preferred for their comfort than other types of toppers that doesn’t make them completely superior to others since the final choice for a user depends largely on a combination of factors.
Below is a comparison between memory foam toppers and other common topper types including latex, feathers, polyester and wool toppers. Understanding each of their features and benefits will be important in ultimately making a decision on which of them to buy.
Memory foam toppers Vs Latex toppers
So how well do memory foam topper perform against Latex toppers?
There are natural latex toppers made from natural materials, unlike memory toppers which are made from polyurethane (PU) foam and are known to have pungent chemical smell especially when they are new. Natural Latex, on the other hand, has anti-allergenic and anti-microbial properties which makes it a healthier alternative to memory foam toppers (unless you are allergic to latex anyway).
When you are considering factors like pressure point relief and blood circulation memory foam are considered the best because they molds to your exact body curves cradling your body better than latex resulting in even distribution of body weight while you sleep, hence those pressure points are better supported resulting in alleviated pain from joints and other aching areas. Latex is faster to bounce back to its original shape.
When it comes to motion transfer from your sleeping partner, memory foam toppers are also the best in this regard as they do not allow motion transfer making them perfect for couples. Your partner can move all through the night and you’ll likely sleep through it.
While both toppers have the tendency to get hot, Latex toppers retain less heat and thus have a better cooling effect. However many manufacturers of memory foam toppers are adopting the open-cell technology and gel infused design in their toppers that work to regulate temperature and facilitate maximum air circulation for a cooler mattress topper.
You should, however, bear in mind that users define comfort differently. Some people actually consider the bouncy firmness of latex more comfortable than the soft firmness of the memory topper.
Memory foam topper Vs feather topper
Feathers toppers are luxuriously softer than memory foam toppers. They also offer a considerable amount of comfort for users who prefer them. On the other hand, they lack the firmness and support you get from using a memory foam topper.
Memory foam toppers are made from polyurethane foam that pose a health concern . While Users of feather toppers don’t have to concern themselves with this and other health concerns, a number of people are allergic to feathers as well, which makes it an undesirable choice for them.
Feather toppers handle heat better than memory foam toppers, but they get crinkly and noisy and tend to get lumpy and lose shape over time. There is also a possibility of feather shafts poking out of the fabric which might make sleep uncomfortable and they are also very poor at motion isolation. Generally, a feather topper will be a preferred alternative for someone who prefers soft and comfy to firm and comfy. They are also cheaper than memory toppers.
Memory foam toppers Vs Polyester/ Fiberfill toppers
Polyester toppers also known as fiberfill toppers are popular for a number of reasons. First, they are a lot cheaper than memory toppers or any other type of topper materials. They are also as soft as feather toppers but without the allergies. Thus they are usually the desired choice for those who prefer the softness of feather toppers but are allergic to them. They are also devoid of the harsh chemical odor that memory toppers are known for.
However, they do not offer as much support and cushioning as memory toppers and is therefore not a recommended choice for those who suffer from joints or body pains. Also, when considering long-term usage, memory toppers are a lot more durable. Polyester toppers tend to compress and will also become lumpy over time. Both toppers have high heat retaining abilities.
Memory foam toppers Vs Wool toppers
Wool toppers are rare and thus don’t come cheap. But they are still preferred by many because of their softness and comfortability. However, wool toppers lack the firmness of memory toppers and may not be as comfortable as the latter.
Another point in favor of wool toppers is their adaptability to varying heat conditions. They are able to adjust to temperatures based on seasons. they stay cool in summer and remain warm during the winter months. Unlike memory foam toppers which retain heat and have the tendency to get too hot on warm days.
Wool toppers have natural antimicrobial properties and are hypoallergenic. They are also quite durable. However, they have a mild “sheep-like” odor when new. They are also expensive and are rare to come by.
Ultimately, there is no doubt that a memory foam mattress topper can drastically improve the quality of sleep as well as allowing you to continue using your mattress for a more extended period. Select one which suits your personal needs best, and there’s no doubt that this simple layer of cushioning added to your bed will transform your lousy night’s sleep into some of the most restful sleep you’ll ever experience!