Very few blankets have the power and versatility of a goose down comforter. Hailed for their breathability, their super soft and fluffy characteristics and most of all, their warmth, lightweight goose down comforters offer a great way of keeping you insanely warm and cozy during the coldest of the snowy winter seasons and cool during those warm summer nights, making them ideal beddings for all year round use, no matter the season.
Benefits of Using a Goose Down Comforter
For those customers who might not be aware, there are so many benefits of adding a goose down comforter in your bedroom arsenal for all seasons. Besides your fluffy pillows and best memory foam mattress, a down comforter has many benefits some of which include;
- Excellent warmth: Unlike an ordinary blanket, a goose down comforter has the ability to trap body heat within the fillings providing you with incomparable warmth during chilly nights. Geese feathers are naturally insulating and less bulky to create comforters that are fluffy, lightweight and able to retain heat without any extra bulk.
- Unparalleled Softness and fluffiness: It has been said by users that the best goose down comforters can make you feel like you’re sleeping in the clouds and it’s true. The best comforters are ultra soft, plush and fluffy providing you with the comfort that you cannot get with ordinary blankets and covers.
- Lightweight: Since the fillings are derived from geese, you can get a comforter that is not only warm but also very light as well thus providing you with the required warmth without weighing a ton.
- Durable: If properly maintained, goose down comforters can last for years.
A Roundup Review of 10 of the Best Goose Down Comforters
|Comforter Brand||Fill Power||Thread Count||Sizes Available||Weight
|Outer Shell Material|
|Globon Fusion White Goose Down Comforter||700||400||King, Queen||14||100% cotton|
|Aikoful Goose Down Comforter||700||1200||King, Queen||45||100% cotton|
|Basic Beyond All-Season Goose Down Comforter||650+||230||Twin, King and Queen||—-||100% cotton|
|Snowman White Goose Down Comforter||800||—–||Twin, King and Queen||55||100% cotton|
|Eddie Bauer White Goose Down Comforter||700||350||Over sized King, Queen||25||100% cotton|
|Wenersi Premium Down Comforter||700+||600||King, Queen||45||100% cotton|
|Egyptian Bedding Luxurious Goose Down Comforter||750+||1200||Twin, Cal King, King, Queen sizes||50||100% Egyptian cotton|
|Rosecose Luxurious Goose Down Comforter||750+||1200||Twin, King, Queen sizes||42||100% cotton|
|Cocoon Premium Luxurious Goose Down Comforter||750+||1200||Twin, Cal King and Queen sizes||—||100% cotton|
|Royal Bedding Goose Down Comforter||750+||500||Cal-King/ King,Twin/ Twin-XL, Full/ Queen||50||100% cotton|
1. Globon White Goose Down Comforter
Available in King and Queen size, this comforter is made entirely from 100% hypoallergenic cotton fabric and filled using high-quality goose down and high-tech polyester fibers imported from Germany. To guarantee maximum warmth, this comforter has a 700 fill power and 400 thread count, with a baffle box design to ensure that the fillings are distributed evenly throughout the comforter.
The Globon Fusion White Goose Down Comforter comes in an inspiring white color, is machine washable and is fitted with duvet attachments to ensure that a duvet cover is inserted easily.
Features of the Globon Fusion White Goose Down Comforter
- Quality goose down fillings: To guarantee you of maximum warmth and comfort, this down comforter is filled with high-quality Texcote-Nano Treated goose down reinforced with high-tech polyester fibers imported from Germany.
- Baffle box design: When it comes to the design, this comforter is stitched with a true baffle box design to ensure the down filling is distributed evenly throughout the comforter.
- Hypoallergenic shell cover: Are you an allergy sufferer? Well, if your answer is YES, this comforter will offer the safest sleeping experience as it’s designed with an hypoallergenic pure cotton fabric outer shell cover to prevent the breeding and growth of allergens for a comfortable sleep.
- Super soft and breathable for maximum comfort.
- Lightweight for all year round use.
- Constructed from quality material for long term usage and maximum performance.
- Hypoallergenic and anti – bacterial making it ideal for allergy sufferers.
- The 3D Baffle Box Design ensures that fillings are distributed evenly for maximum loftiness of the down.
- The Texcote-Nano Treated white goose down is moisture repellent with reduced odor.
- Outer cotton shell is not noisy and also down proof.
- Some customers have complained that the comforter is not breathable and tend to gets too hot.
After reading through multiple reviews, I noticed that most customers have appreciated this comforter thanks to its soft, plush and hypoallergenic characteristics. Customers also love that despite it it being lightweight and great for summer, it is still able to keep them warm and toasty during the colder winter months as well.
However, there are few customers who criticized this comforter complaining that it gets too hot even for summer use . While this is just a minor concern, I don’t think its enough to outweigh the many benefits offered by this comforter.
2. Aikoful Goose Down Comforter
Next, on the grid, we have the Aikoful Goose Down Comforter. Available in King and Queen Sizes, this comforter is both lightweight and soft giving you the required puffy comfort when sleeping through any season. The outer shell is made from treated and certified cotton fabric while the fillings are 100% goose down with a fill power of 700.
Speaking of the craftsmanship, the Aikoful Goose Down Comforter is stitched with a Baffle-Box design to allow even distribution of fillings.
It features a double-stitch-design with 600 thread count to prevent down and feathers from shedding especially when the comforter is washed.
Features of the Aikoful Goose Down Comforter
- 100% cotton fabric: The high-quality cotton fabric used in this comforter is not only soft and plush but its also ultra-fresh and hypoallergenic protected making it fresher and healthier for people with respiratory problems.
- 100% goose down: Unlike other fillings, goose down is highly hailed for its lightweight and ultra soft characteristics making it the best for all season use.
- Double-stitched: To enhance durability, this comforter is designed with a double stitched baffle-box design that not only keeps the goose down fillings in place but it also prevents the comforter from shedding thus enhancing durability.
- 8 corner loops: There are 8 corner duvet tabs around the comforter to tie to the duvet cover and prevent the comforter from shifting in duvet cover
- The outer shell is made of 100% cotton fabric to deliver ultra-fresh and hypoallergenic protection to allergy sufferers.
- This comforter is soft, plush and very fluffy.
- Breathable for use in any season.
- Odor repellent and stain resistant as well.
- The double-stitch design ensures that this comforter is able to last long enough.
- According to some customers, this comforter is not breathable making it extremely hot and quite uncomfortable.
- Others state that the outer fabric is stiff and quite noisy.
Although the Aikoful Goose Down Comforter has received a 5-star feedback from a majority of the customers, when it comes to quality and warmth production, a small percentage of the customers have criticized its craftsmanship stating that the comforter is not breathable enough. Although this is just a minor setback, I think the overall performance of this comforter is just outstanding.
3. Basic Beyond All-Season Goose Down Comforter
Another goose down comforter you can invest on without feeling any pain in the future is the Basic Beyond All-Season Goose Down Comforter. Made from 100% pure cotton fabric, this comforter is not only fluffy but it’s also safe and very welcoming especially to people with frequent allergic problems due to its hypoallergenic properties.
Speaking of the construction, Basic Beyond has opted to use goose down fillings that are not only soft and plush but are also super hypoallergenic meaning users will not suffer from any respiratory infections.
To make the Basic Beyond All-Season Goose Down Comforter a trendy piece to your modern bed, Basic Beyond has stitched this comforter with Navy Satin piped edges to prevent the fills from leaking and a box-stitch key print pattern on the body to not only make it beautiful, but also to prevent the fills from shifting when sleeping. It’s available in Twin, King and Queen sizes.
Features of the Basic Beyond All-Season Goose Down Comforter
- Ultra-soft shell cover: To keep all users amazingly comfortable, Basic Beyond has designed this all-season luxurious comforter with a 100% super-soft and super-plush cover with goose down fillings filled at a fill power of 650+.
- Superior construction: Durability is one key factor every potential buyer must consider when shopping for a product. With this knowledge in mind, Basic Beyond has designed this comforter with a box stitching key print pattern; Navy Satin piped edges and 230 thread count, all to ensure that this comforter is able to stand the test of time.
- Machine washable: Looking for a comforter that’s easily machine washed? Well, the Basic Beyond Goose Down Comforter is very easy to clean using a machine. Simply wash it in one cycle then dry it naturally without any heat.
- The Basic Beyond Goose Down Comforter is ultra-soft, plush, luxurious and most of all lightweight yet warm and therefore perfect for all season use.
- The goose down fillings are allergen-free and hypoallergenic making this comforter safe for allergy sufferers.
- This comforter is durable thanks to its superior construction.
- Resistant to dust mites, mold, mildew and other allergens.
- This comforter produces an awful smell when new though the smell does fade away with time.
Now, after reading through multiple customer reviews, I discovered that the vast majority of online customers have praised this comforter due to its superior construction, warm features and lightweight properties.
On the negative side, a few of the customers have complained of an awful smell that’s being released by this comforter especially when it’s new. This drawback is not a major concern though as the pungent smell does fade away with time.
4. Snowman White Goose Down Comforter
Another high-quality goose down comforter Brand that has made a name for itself is the Snowman Brand Goose Down Comforters. Unlike most other choices on this list, this particular comforter by Snowman is available in multiple colors giving customers a chance to buy a comforter that will match with their bedroom décor.
When it comes to the construction, the Snowman has a lot to brag about. first, the outer shell is made from 100% pure cotton fabric making it not only soft but also plush, breathable and hypoallergenic making it safe for all season use.
Secondly, this comforter is filled with 100% high-quality goose down fillings compressed at a fill power of 750+. Like that’s not enough, the fillings are harvested from a non-epizootic area meaning they’re healthy and free from any allergens.
Finally, the Snowman is double stitched with a baffle box design to help hold the goose down filling in place to provide maximum warmth and is available in Twin, King and Queen sizes.
Features of the Snowman White Goose Down Comforter
- Warm and breathable shell: Although the primary role of a comforter is to provide maximum warmth, it also has to be breathable to allow extra heat to penetrate through. With this knowledge in mind, Snowman has managed to design this comforter with 100% pure cotton fabric that’s not only breathable, but it’s also soft, plush and hypoallergenic.
- Superior construction: A comforter is not just a comforter. It has to serve its intended purpose pretty well while still enduring the test of time. That’s exactly what Snowman has done here as they’ve designed this comforter with high-quality goose down compressed at a fill power of 700+. In addition to that, the high quality cotton fabric has been stitched with a baffled box pattern to keep the fillings intact at all times.
- This comforter is available in a blend of cool colors such as White, Ivory, Khaki, Coffee, Blue and Purple.
- It’s soft and fluffy for a comfy night.
- The baffle box construction allows even distribution of down throughout the comforter.
- The outer fabric is hypoallergenic and safe for allergy sufferers.
- Breathable and lightweight for use all year round.
- Durably constructed.
- The duvet cover anchors mean that this comforter can be sandwiched inside a duvet cover for added protection.
- According to some customers, this comforter is not as fluffy as the product in the photo.
- Other customers have complained about the filings claiming that it’s not 100% goose down.
Most of the reviews about the Snowman comforter seem to be customers’ testimonies of how effective and superior craftsmanship this comforter is. On the positive side, the Snowman has managed to deliver the required softness, comfort and warmth without getting too hot.
On the negative side, a number of customers have complained about the fillings which they say are not 100% goose down.
5. Eddie Bauer White Goose Down Comforter
Next, in our review, we have the Eddie Bauer White Goose Down Comforter. Hailed for its fluffiness, this comforter is a lightweight friend that will keep you company throughout the summer and the cold winter season as well.
The 100% cotton fabric alongside the 100% goose down fillings—compressed at a fill power of 700 will ensure that this comforter is able to provide excellent warmth and comfort no matter the season.
The sewn-through construction is remarkably done while the 350 thread count ensure that this comforter is able to stand the test of time. The Eddie Bauer White Goose Down Comforter is available in both Queen size measuring 90 x 98 Inches with a 25 oz fill weight and King size measuring 108 x 98 Inches with 30oz.
Features of the Eddie Bauer White Goose Down Comforter
- Hypoallergenic: most people suffer from respiratory infections. With this in mind, the Eddie Bauer White Goose Down Comforter is designed with 100% goose down fillings that are both hypoallergenic and allergen-free.
- Heavy-duty construction: finally, this comforter is crafted with a sewn-through design with edges stitched with double-needle to keep the outer fabric firmly sealed to prevent the fillings from popping out.
- Soft comfortable feel.
- Lightweight and breathable therefore ideal for use in any season.
- Easy to clean and maintain as it is machine washable and machine dryable.
- Hypoallergenic filling and therefore perfect for allergy sufferers.
- There have been complains that the comforter is pretty thin and not warm enough for colder months.
The Eddie Bauer White Goose Down Comforter has been welcomed with positive criticism by the majority of customers. Most of these customers have appreciated the lightweight nature of this comforter that allows it to be used by hot sleepers, during summer and winter as well. It has also been commended for its over sized design and the sewn through construction that enables it stand the test of time.
On the negative side, some of the customers have complained about it shedding even after prolonged use. There are also claims that the comforter is too thin and not fluffy enough.
6. Wenersi Premium Down Comforter
There are summer-spring comforters and there are those comforters perfect for all season use. The Wenersi Premium Down Comforter lies in the second category. Made from 100% pure cotton fabric shell cover and Siberian natural white down with a filling power of 700+, this comforter is both soft and fluffy giving you the best sleeping experience. It’s lightweight and extremely soft and easy to care for.
The cover is designed with a superior baffle box construction reinforced with 600 thread count for maximum durability and loftiness.
Whether your bed is a king size or simply a queen sized bed, the Wenersi Premium Down Comforter is designed to give you a fresh feeling while fitting easily into any bedroom décor.
Features of the Wenersi Premium Down Comforter
- Superior design: To stand the test of time, Wenersi has designed this comforter with a superior baffle box construction and double stitch design to prevent down leakage. This unique construction ensures that down is evenly distributed throughout the comforter.
- 600 thread count cotton shell: To guarantee you maximum comfort during bedtime, this comforter is filled with goose down fillings stitched between two cotton fabrics for extra warmth and fluffiness. The down is compressed with a fill power of 700+ and reinforced with a 600 thread count.
- The cotton fabric is both light and very soft.
- comforters is warm and fluffy.
- The baffle box design alongside the double-needle stitch makes this comforter even more durable.
- Ideal for use in any season as it is lightweight, but not too much.
- This comforter is allergy free, chemical free with a resistance to bacteria, mold, mildew and fungi. This means that allergy sufferers and those with sensitive skin can find respite in this goose down comforter.
- It has been claimed by some users that this comforter is thin and very light.
The Wenersi Premium Down Comforter is a wonderful addition that will match any bedroom setting with ease. Most customers have appreciated the quality of this product, claiming that is a great value for money. Customers also state that despite the fact that it’s lightweight, it’s still able to provide sufficient warmth.
On the other side of the coin, a small number of customers have complained about it being thin and very light. Now, since every customer has his/her own user experience depending on a number of factors like location and bodily needs, I think this drawback is just a minor issue keeping in mind that this comforter has already received remarkable ratings.
7. Egyptian Bedding Luxurious Goose Down Comforter
The Egyptian Bedding is no doubt one of the best and most popular goose down comforter brands in the market right now. This particular luxurious Goose Down Comforter has received very favorable ratings in most down comforter reviews thanks to a convergence of excellent features.
Claiming to be designed with a unique 100% Egyptian cotton cover, this comforter is not only soft, but it also has that feel and look of class and superiority. Furthermore, it’s filled with luxurious goose down fillings compressed at a fill power of 750+, with a superior baffle box design coupled with a record 1200 thread count to keep the down intact while still allowing it to expand for maximum warmth.
Twin, Cal King, King and Queen sizes are the bed sizes of choice for this goose down comforter.
Features of the Egyptian Bedding Luxurious Goose Down Comforter
- 100% Egyptian cotton cover: The claimed 100% Egyptian cotton used to design the shell of this comforter is not only warm but it’s also allergy-free and hypoallergenic making it perfect for people with allergic issues.
- 750+, 1200 thread count count shell cover: With a filling power of 750+ and a filling weight of 50oz, this comforter is considered to be very fluffy, ultra soft, plush and very luxurious for all-season use.
- Superior quality construction: The Egyptian Bedding Luxurious Goose Down Comforter is overall designed with superior everything, from the craftsmanship to the quality of materials used in construction.
- Ultra soft, plush, fluffy and with a hotel quality luxurious feel.
- Double stitched to prevent down from leaking.
- Duvet loops allow you to sandwich this comforter in a duvet cover for added durability.
- The outer cover and the goose down are hypoallergenic and therefore perfect for people with allergy attacks as it does not allow the harboring or grow the of allergens including dust mites.
- Some customers complained that this comforter is way too heavy.
The Egyptian Bedding Luxurious Goose Down Comforter has managed to offer a plush feeling that most customers would have expected to find in those super expensive comforters. according to them, this down comforter delivers as promised as it’s very fluffy, plush and warm.
However, despite the bells and whistles, a number of customers have complained about the weight of this comforter stating that it’s heavier than most of its closest rivals.
8. Rosecose Luxurious Goose Down Comforter
The outer shell is made from 100% cotton fabric with 1200 thread count.
Rosecose has managed to fill the interior section with goose down fillings compressed with a fill power of 750+ with a hypoallergenic and allergy-free fabric making it an ideal choice for people with respiratory problems.
Features of the Rosecose Luxurious Goose Down Comforter
- Baffle box construction: The Rosecose Luxurious Goose Down Comforter is designed with a superior sewn-through baffle box construction that allows the down to be redistributed evenly throughout the comforter.
- 100% Fill with Goose Down: This comforter is filled with nothing but goose down feathers only.
- With a fill power of 750+ this comforter is fluffy.
- It’s is considered to be light, breathable and perfect for all season use.
- It’s warm, soft and comfy.
- The fabric is down-proof and silent.
- Hypoallergenic and Allergy Free free and will therefore keep the bed free from pesky allergens.
- This comforter is both comfortable and very durable.
- There have been cases of leaking fillings.
Most customers tend to love this comforter due to its great quality and lightweight but with just enough warmth for use all year round.
However, some users have complained about the stitching stating that this comforter has a tendency of leaking the fillings.
9. Cocoon Premium Luxurious Goose Down Comforter
The fillings are derived from Siberian goose feathers making them not only hypoallergenic but also anti-bacterial with just the right warmth for all year round use.
Available in Twin, Cal King and Queen sizes, this Premium Luxurious Goose Down Comforter is designed with a baffle box construction that keeps the down fillings intact.
Features of the Cocoon Premium Luxurious Goose Down Comforter
- Egyptian cotton cover: This comforter made from Egyptian cotton giving customers the most exclusive user experience.
- Siberian goose feather filling: It is filled with the best Siberian goose feathers that are both lightweight and hypoallergenic.
- This comforter is made from premium Egyptian cotton for maximum breathability and comfort.
- All-season use
- The Cocoon Premium Luxurious Goose Down Comforter is compressed with a fill power of 750+ which means that when it comes to fluffiness, this comforter will not disappoint.
- Offers a ultra soft, plush and luxurious look and feel.
- The Siberian goose feathers are both light and hypoallergenic.
- The baffle box design ensures that fillings are kept intact from shifting.
- Some customers have complained that this comforter is too heavy.
The vast majority of customers have appreciated this comforter due to its premium Egyptian cotton fabric and the Siberian goose feathers. These customers have stated that this comforter is not only soft and plush, but it’s also light, breathable and perfect for all season use.
On the negative side, a small number of customers have complained about the weight of this comforter stating that it’s too heavy.
10. Royal Bedding Goose Down Comforter
For ultimate customer satisfaction, the Royal Bedding Down Comforter is designed with a 500 thread count, filled with 75% Down and 25% Small-Down-Feather The fill power is 750+.
The Royal Bedding Down Comforter is available for Queen sized beds and is designed with duvet anchors to help you sandwich this comforter inside a duvet cover for added protection. It is available in California-King / King, Twin / Twin-XL and Full / Queen sizes.
Features of the Royal Bedding Siberian Goose Down Comforter
- 100% cotton: The outer cover of this down comforter is designed with a 100% cotton to make it soft and breathable for all season use.
- Superior construction: In addition to the cotton shell, Royal Bedding has designed this comforter with a baffle box construction coupled with a double-needle stitch to prevent any down leakage to ensure maximum loft and comfort.
- This comforter is designed with 100% cotton shell for maximum comfort.
- This comforter provides medium warmth for all year use.
- It’s soft and comfortable.
- Hypo-allergenic and Allergy Free cover shell.
- most of the critical reviews are customers complaining about it shedding.
Most customers have loved the Royal Bedding Siberian Goose Down Comforter for its superior quality. The comforter, based on the reviews is light weight, yet surprisingly very warm for all year round use.
However, a small number of customers have complained about the non-stop shedding of this comforter.
How do you Choose the Right Goose Down Comforter?
Of course comforters are not created the same as seen in the examples above, and given the sheer number of brands in the market it can be difficult to pick the ideal down comforter for you home use. Below we highlight factors to consider when choosing a down comforter.
Besides checking the weight and the size of a goose down comforter, another critical factor that must be considered is the fabric or rather the shell of a comforter. The fabric is that outer layer of a comforter that gets into contact with your skin. The type of fabric used on the outer shell in addition to the fillings inside will determine the users comfort.
Depending on the level of quality and comfort that you want, there are tons of quality fabrics you can choose from such as Superior Egyptian cotton, Bamboo, cotton, silk, wool and a blend of cotton and synthetics.
It’s obvious that you’ll want a fabric that feels soft and smooth against your skin for the ultimate comfort. But another characteristic you will want the shell cover of your comforter to have is breathability. A breathable shell cover will allow free air flow to dispel excess heat so that you don’t have uncomfortable nights as a result of excess heat and sweating. So even on those warm summer nights, you wake cool and refreshed.
Cotton shell covers this, are great for this, specifically those woven from extra-long staple fibers. These long fibers create lightweight bed lines that are superior quality and more breathable than ordinary bed linens. The world’s best bed linens made from Egyptian cotton are made from these long fibers.
100% cotton and bamboo materials are the next best thing for affordable, superior quality and breathability.
2. Fill power
This is another key factor you can’t afford to ignore. The higher the fill power the higher the quality of the comforter. A higher fill power in a comforter will give you a lighter and more fluffy comforter for a certain level of warmth.
Fill power ranges anywhere from 400 up to 800+. While those comforters with a fill power of 400 to 600 are considered to be lightweight, those with 700+ are considered to be the best as they’re stronger, fluffier and more durable which inevitably means you will have to part with a bit more money to buy them.
3. Baffled box design
While there are different designs used in the construction of goose down comforters like baffle box, gusset and box stitch design, baffle box is hands down the design to go for in your goose down comforter.
Baffles resemble channels or boxes sewn into the comforter prevent the down filling from shifting to ensure the down filling is evenly distributed, allowing the down to expand to its maximum loft for optimal warmth.
4. Thread count
Is it necessary to check the thread count when shopping for a comforter? Well, there is this argument that just like any other bed sheet, the higher the thread count in a comforter, the softer it is hence the more comfortable it’s likely to be. Also, it is said that the higher the thread count in a shell cover, the more down proof and more likely it’s able to hold down the filling, thus the more likely it’s able to last. And to add to that, for a goose or duck comforter the higher the better because then, you are less likely to feel the down poking at you.
The truth is, when it comes to the silkiness and softness of the comforter, thread count isn’t really a factor to be considered on its own. Other factors like the type of material and the weaving type used will also play a role in determining the overall feel and durability of your down comforter.
The market is flooded with falsely labeled high thread count down comforters not to mention threads can easily be manipulated to attain a higher count. So this by itself, thread count may not be a factor to solely rely on to determine quality and softness.
However, thread count is still an important factor when you also put factors like the material used in construction into consideration so here, we recommend you go for a goose down comforter with a minimum thread count of 300. Anything less is considered low quality and will likely not be serving you in the longterm
The best goose down comforters should be easy to maintain especially when it comes to clean up. Always look for those comforters that are machine washable and easy to self-dry without damaging the fabric or compromising the down fillings.
6. The size
Comforters come in a wide variety of sizes depending on the size of your bed. Whether it’s a twin, full size, queen size, king size, or California size bed, there’s always the right size for you depending on what you’re looking for.
One tip though; you need to be very careful when making your selection as comforter sizes are not universal. Since all brands are different, every manufacturer has its own set of dimensions so best look as the dimensions as opposed to just general bed sizes.
Choosing the best goose down comforter for use all season can be a tricky endeavor considering the different preferences and the factors you need to keep in mind. Hopefully, from this article you now know that fabric type, fill weight and design are some of the key features you need to keep in mind before parting with your money.
If you’re a potential shopper looking for a lightweight goose down comforter that will work for you all year round through any season, you can begin with the down comforters reviewed in this articles but don’t limit yourself to just them as there are several other options available.