It is quite common to spare no costs when getting sofas and cushions in home décor. Some of us, however, tend not give much attention to bed sheets. Cotton has generally been the popular choice of material for bed sheets for countless generations for its comfortable and soothing feel. Gradually though, microfiber has begun to rise in popularity as a bed sheet material. Hailed mostly for their cheap price, high quality microfiber sheets can also offer the same or even better comfort than regular cotton sheets.
Microfiber sheets are made from super fine synthetic filaments known for their super thinness and they turn out to be great alternatives for the cotton based bed sheets. Brushed microfiber sheets are artificially made. This enables the makers to deliver finished sheet sets quicker and at lower costs, cutting out the expenses related with growing, harvesting and weaving cotton.
Below we are going to review some of the best high quality microfiber bed sheets in the market currently.
1. Mellanni Bed Sheet Set
Mellanni Bed Sheets claim to be the sheets with a difference enabling you to get up every morning feeling invigorated and brimming with vitality after sleeping on them.
Made with high quality microfiber and excellent workmanship, Mellani bed sheets are of the plushest, most delicate, most agreeable and cheapest bed sheets you will discover. Suitable for any room in your home, they come in amazing colors that give a luxurious look to your bedroom.
They are available in most of the standard bed sizes with 4 pieces included for each size purchase including 1 flat sheet, 1 fitted sheet with deep pockets and elastic all around and 2 pillowcases.
The sheets are easy to maintain and promise to be durable as they are fade, shrink, stain and wrinkle resistant as well as machine washable. They do not allow the growth and breeding of dust mites and other allergens as they are Hypoallergenic. This means that allergy sufferers can find relieve in these sheets.
- Silky soft for comfortable nights.
- Very affordable.
- Come in a wide range of beautiful colors.
- Suitable for long term use due to its high quality and durability.
- Resistant to dust mites and other allergens.
- Ideal for allergy sufferers
- Feature a myriad of anti properties that contribute to overall durability and easy maintenance.
- Like most microfiber sheets, temperature distribution is not too impressive; they get hot during the summer months.
Mellanni Bed Sheets are among the most popular microfiber sheets on Amazon. Customer reviews have been favorable so far and most of them commend the soft and plush feel of the bed sheets, while some are impressed by the attractive colors. Their long-lasting durability has also been attested to. The only concern so far has been that these bed sheets tend to get hot especially during the summer months.
Mellanni is a customer oriented kind of company that prides itself in providing the absolute best customer service in the industry, so it offers a lifetime guarantee, just in case you decide the product is not to your liking.
2. AmazonBasics Microfiber Sheets
Amazingly soft and pocket friendly, AmazonBasics microfiber sheets claims to deliver wonderful dose of comfort to any bed.
No doubt one of the cheapest on this list, the sheets are made from 100% polyester microfiber, offering durability, a silky, luxurious feel with a long-lasting resistance to wrinkles and shrinking. The sheets are machine washable and easy to maintain.
The sheet set is OEKO-TEX certifiied to ensures high safety and environmental standards.
- They are soft and comfortable.
- Value for money given the cheap price tag.
- Resistant to shrinking and wrinkles.
- The sheets are prone to piling.
Customers have praised their surprising quality given the price tag, with most loving their softness and comfort. They’re considered flimsy and thin by some users while others had issues with extreme piling.
Overall, they’re great products and a nice choice for a child’s room, a college dorm room, guest room, or a first-time apartment.
3. HC Collection Hotel Luxury Bed Sheets
HC Collection claims to have merged style and comfort perfectly to create top quality and affordable bed sheets for an inviting bedroom environment with a serene comfort.
Made from 100% double brushed polyester microfibers with hypoallergenic properties, their impeccably bespoke quality gives a sort of elegance and sophistication to a bedroom. Their bright colors are also fade, stain and wrinkle resistant and are also easy to maintain and care for.
Microfiber sheets are specially known for their unmatched strength and and this brand is not lacking in either of those qualities.
- Very soft and comfortable.
- Repels dust mites, pollen and other allergens.
- Ideal for allergy sufferers due to hypoallergenic properties.
- Wrinkle and Fade Resistant
- They launder easily.
- Available in a range of vibrant color selections
- Feels very thin.
HC Collection sheets are for the most part highly rated by their users with some users even comparing the comfort to that provided by the high-quality Cotton sheets.
There are however, fewer users who haven’t really gotten used to the thinness.
4. Mezzati Luxury Bed Sheet Set
With Mezzati, they claim to offer you sheets that are soft and light like a cloud to ensure you wake up feeling rested, rejuvenated and full of energy.
Sheets are made of high-quality microfiber fabric and brushed to provide softness and smoothness for the ultimate comfort. These microfiber bed sheets claim to be suitable for any season as they are are warm during winter and stay pleasantly cool during summer.
The Mezzati sheets are breathable and hypoallergenic with a soft and silky touch. They are easy to maintain and are fade and stain resistant as well as machine washable. Their impressive durability makes them suitable for various uses such as in kids’ rooms, dorm rooms, guest rooms etc.
The Mezzati sheets are available in a wide range of pleasant colors and in most standard bed sizes
- Budget-friendly price.
- Amazingly soft and relatively breathable.
- Hypoallergenic and effective for people with allergies.
- Don’t allow the growth and harboring of allergens.
- Allergy attacks can be minimized in the bedroom with these sheets as they are hypoallergenic.
- Resistant to fading and wrinkling.
- Large assortment of vibrant colors.
- Threads start to come loose after a while.
Mezzati bed sheets have been received with positive criticism from a majority of customers. Major selling points are the affordability and comfort the sheets provide due to their super softness.
However like any other product negative feedback is to be expected and for this one, most of the complains were on the sheets ripping as a result of being too thin and threads coming unraveled after some time.
5. Harmony Sweet Sheets Bed Sheet Sets
Claiming to be one of the most luxurious and comfortable bed sheets you can find, Harmony Sweet Sheets offer comfort at a very pocket friendly price.
Made from quality double brushed microfiber for softer, stronger and long lasting bed sheets, Harmony Sweet Sheets are available in a great selection of colors to fit any bedroom style.
They are not difficult to maintain as they are machine washable in cold water and dries quickly on tumble dry low. Additionally, they are also wrinkle, fade, shrink, Stain and allergen resistant.
- Silky soft feel.
- Can comfortably be used by allergy sufferers to minimize allergy attacks in the bedroom.
- Resistant to wrinkling, fading, staining and shrinking.
- Easy to maintain.
- Vast color choices.
- Thin and see through.
In the words of a particular user – “they are worth every penny”, from the softness to the cheap price tag, most users have been full of praises for Harmony Sweet Sheets brand.
On the other hand, there are customers who feel that the sheets are cheaply made with some reports of tearing and threads fraying after some time.
6. Cosy House Collection Bed Sheets
Cosy House Collection claims to offer you sheets that are more durable and breathable than cotton and softer than silk.
Crafted from premium, double brushed microfiber, the sheets are smooth and soft.
In addition, these luxurious sheets are tightly woven to prevent them from yielding to wear and tear even after repeated washing. Moreover, they resist stains, wrinkles, dust mites and fading quite effectively.
They come in a range of rich colors, including neutral whites and tans, along with warm greens, bold reds, cool lavender and several more. Like most sheets on this list, they come in a 4-piece set, including 1 flat sheet, 1 fitted sheet and two pillowcases.
- Soft and silky to touch.
- Repels pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
- Their hypoallergenic properties make it perfect for people with allergies.
- Breathable and lightweight.
- Stain and fade Resistant
- Their thinness makes them prone to ripping.
Cosy House Collection sheets come highly recommended by a majority of the customers with most praising their soft feel.
Apart from the occasional damaged products unintentionally delivered to customers, the sheets have also been criticized for being too thin and poorly made by some customers.
7. Bare Home Premium 1800 Microfiber Collection Sheet Set
Expertly crafted from microfiber yarns for superior breathability and softness, Bare Home sheets are double Brushed on one side and single brushed on the other for extra softness to ensure they get to be some of the softest microfiber sheets you will find in the market.
Boasting of top quality and high grade workmanship, the sheets promise to be durable. They are hypoallergenic, fade and wrinkle resistant as well as allergen repellent.
The sheets are easy to maintain – they are machine washable, dry quickly and require no ironing.
- Affordable price.
- Soft and Comfortable.
- Hypoallergenic and great for allergy sufferers.
- Vast color options to chose from.
- Sheets are wrinkle resistant, shrink resistant, fade resistant as well as stain resistant.
- May fade with repeated washing.
This brand is for the most part loved by users with praises revolving around the silky softness.
On the negative side, there have been complains about the colors of the advertising images being deceiving. There have also been complains about the sheets fading after first wash, and that they ride up the bed and don’t stay tucked in.
8. Utopia Bedding Soft Brushed Microfiber Sheet Set
Made of the finest brushed microfiber yarns, these sheets are smooth and silky feel . They’re suitable for individuals who suffer from allergies since they repel allergens.
Furthermore the sheets are skillfully made with solid and tough texture that retains the general brilliance and state of the sheet for a considerable length of time. The tight weave of these microfiber sheets makes fluids to bead up and sit on the surface of the texture for a brief span as opposed to soaking immediately, making them anti-stain.
Utopia Bedding sheet sets are available in different sizes Queen, King, Twin and Full and comes in colors of White, Black, Navy, Gray, and Beige.
- Very cheap.
- Silky and smooth.
- Impressive wrinkle, fade and stain resistance.
- Hypoallergenic and ideal for minimizing allergy attacks in the bedroom.
- Available in very limited, dull color choices.
- Some unraveling of threads reported by some users.
The set set is commended by a majority of users for its silky softness and great value for money
However there have been users who’ve not had a great experience with the sheets, most revolving around poor quality and craftsmanship.
9. CGK Unlimited Hotel Luxury Bed Sheets
A supreme blend of craftsmanship, CGK Bed sheets and linens are designed to provide you a comfortable sleeping experience, and are woven firmly to ensure additional quality and strength. The sheet fabric has great qualities, including,resistance to stains, breathability, wrinkle resistance, and easy maintenance.
- Resistant to stain and wrinkles.
- Strong and durable.
- Hypoallergenic and breathable
- Ideal for allergy sufferers.
- Thin and may start to wear after some time
These sheets come highly recommended by a majority of users for their softness, comfort and generously sized fitted sheet pockets.
There have been customer complains about the thinness of the fabric saying that it rips after few washes.
10. SouthShore Fine Linens Sheet Set
SouthShore Fine Linens claims that their unique manufacturing process and the attention to detail given to every aspect of their products, ensures that their sheets are some of the softest you will ever find in the market.
Made with high quality 110 GSM Microfiber Fabric and brushed twice on one side and once on the other side, the sheets are guaranteed to be soft and comfortable.
Furthermore, the high quality microfiber yarns used in crafting the sheets ensure the end product is not only soft and satiny but also enduring and shrink resistant through daily usage and repeated washing.
- Soft and silky.
- Easy to maintain.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Neutral cool options.
- Prone to water marking.
SouthShore Fine Linens sheets come highly recommended for their super softness and extra deep pockets for the fitted sheets.
On the negative side, there were some who claimed that the sheets tend to stain and fade after washing.
A slight inconvenience of the microfiber sheets is that it easily attracts static and is a good conductor of static electricity. Therefore, it will easily attract lint and hair if not washed properly without the presence of other fabrics. This can also become a problem during the winter season when static electricity is more prevalent in some areas. However the advantages still outweigh the disadvantages greatly.
Before you go out and shop for microfiber bed sheets for your home, there are a couple of things you should keep in mind to make sure you go home happy and satisfied.
- Consider whether microfiber has the right feel for you. If you can, test out other fabric types to determine which you prefer. Microfiber is generally not as soft as cotton or silk and fabrics such as cotton and bamboo are also better at heat distribution than microfiber.
- Make a budget of the amount you want to spend. The low price is the major advantage for microfiber sheets. Microfiber sheets can cost a meager $20, while high grade cotton sheets can go as high as thousand dollars.
- Go with microfiber for durability. Microfiber is durable and easy to wash. Microfiber might not be the most luxurious fabric, but you can buy it at a good price and use it for a long time without investing a lot of effort into care.
- Find out if you can return your sheets. Each store has a different return policy, so make sure you know how to return or exchange your sheets if you change your mind after trying the sheets out at home.
- Touch when possible. Because so many features of labeling are unreliable, test sheets by touching them wherever or whenever possible.
Hopefully, you found this article useful in making a decision whether to get a microfiber bed sheets for your bedroom. All Bed sheet sets mentioned in this article all safe, tested and trusted products that would prove to be a smart investment on your part.
When you eventually decide to get a high quality microfiber bed sheet, any of the products listed above would be a great options to consider.