An abbreviation for High-Efficiency Particulate Air, HEPA filters are designed with a fine filter mesh that captures particles as small as 0.3 microns that cannot be seen by the naked human eye and traps over 99% of the dust mite matter, pollen, pet dander and other allergens that settle on surfaces and fabric and prevents them from escaping back into the air.
Conventional vacuum cleaners have proven to be the best when it comes to performing all sorts of cleaning tasks; but, when it comes to keeping your home allergen-free, these ordinary vacuums fall flat.
According to most health reports, global warming and air pollution are two major contributors to allergy and asthma attacks in the world. Now, if you’re a homeowner and you happen to fall inside this category, then it’s paramount that you get the right vacuum cleaner that will keep your floor clean while keeping your asthmatic and allergic condition under control, seeing as standard vacuums are not enough to entirely remove them.
With that said, one of the best vacuum cleaners with prevalent features that suits this discussion is none other than vacuum cleaners with the HEPA filtration technology.
Unlike conventional vacuums, vacuum cleaners with HEPA filters are capable of filtering even the tiniest air particles leaving you with the cleanest allergen-free air that’s easy and more enjoyable for you to live in. Therefore, if you suffer from allergies, asthma or any other respiratory condition, settling for a HEPA vacuum cleaner is by far the best option that can help you control dust, pet dander, pollen and other irritants from building up in your home. as opposed to just an ordinary vacuum.
Now that we’ve explained everything you need to know about these vacuum cleaners, how much do you really know about them when it comes to buying a reliable, convenient and highly performing cleaner? You see, there are so many options available today with most manufacturers seemingly offering the same choices.
To help you buy the right HEPA vacuum cleaner this buyer’s guide has done the homework for you and has gone ahead to review 10 of the safest and most reliable HEPA vacuum cleaners in the market. Shark and Dyson vacuums are the most popular brands in the market, but we have included several other brands for more options.
Important Factors to Consider When Choosing a HEPA Vacuum Cleaner
In this massive world of vacuums, what really should you look up for when choosing a reliable HEPA vacuum cleaner? Well, to give you a head-start on what exactly you should consider, this section will discuss key factors you should watch out for before parting with your money.
1. Upright or canister vacuum cleaner: There are two major types of vacuum cleaners available in the market which are upright and canister vacuums. Both of these cleaners come in different shapes and are designed to accomplish totally different functions.
While upright vacuums are suited for entirely carpeted floors, their canister counterparts are designed to clean smoother floorings such as tiled, laminated, hardwood or linoleum floors. Upright vacuums are heavier and more difficult to maneuver while canister vacuum cleaners are extremely lightweight and come with a variety of attachments to aid in cleaning tight and profile corners.
2. Bagged or bagless: Aside from the upright and canister options, two of the other main options of vacuum cleaners are bagless and bagged vacuum cleaners. Bagless vacuum cleaners are easy to empty and clean up but they’re an unfriendly option to people suffering from allergies or asthma. They’re messier when disposing of the dirt meaning they can easily expose you to the contents inside and they can also lose their suction power especially when the dust bag is full.
For this reason, bagged models are the best options as they come with the auto-seal feature that locks dust, pollen and pet fur inside until its time to dispose off.
3. Suction power: If you’re an allergic or an asthmatic person, this is one area you’ll need to pay much attention to. To keep your health under control, you need to consider a vacuum cleaner with enough suction power and airflow as these are the main determining factors.
Suction power is the ability to suck and pick debris from the floor while airflow is a vacuum’s ability to suck debris into the dust bag. With these two features at the disposal, adding a HEPA filter into the equation simply means that your vacuum cleaner is ready to face any cleaning challenge that may come its way.
Just to mention, airflow is measured in CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) and the higher the rating, the more powerful the vacuum cleaner is and of course, the more expensive it is.
4. Extra attachments: Are you a cleaning pro or are you an occasional cleaner? Well, whether you enjoy cleaning your home more regularly or don’t, a vacuum with extra attachments and accessories is the practical choice. You can choose a vacuum with additional brushes and mops, height adjustment wand, swivel heads and power/turbo heads for easy maneuverability.
5. Easy usability: There are different designs of vacuum cleaners available in the market. To get a value for your hard-earned money, you need to check some areas such as the handle, the weight, additional features, easy maneuverability, and the cord length.
6. Manufacturer’s reputation: Of course, every product has a customer rating, right? The most dominant manufacturers are always respected and hailed for producing quality products that meet most customers’ satisfaction. With this in mind, it’s wise to read through multiple customers’ feedbacks to see whether a particular brand will work for you or not.
But remember, no matter the quality of the vacuum cleaner, there will always be negative customer reviews unique to each customer, yours is to know what to take and what to leave.
7. Budget: How much are you willing to spend? This is one critical question you must ask yourself before shopping for a vacuum cleaner. Vacuums come with different prices so you have to sit back and determine your budget range before exploring the options you need to shop for.
A Roundup Review of 10 of the Best HEPA Vacuums for Allergy and Asthma Sufferers
Are you allergic or asthmatic and you’re straining to find a convenient vacuum cleaner that will guarantee you a healthy lifestyle?
Well, the Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away Upright Vacuum is one of the best choices around, as this vacuum cleaner is designed for allergic people thanks to the advanced Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology plus a dedicated HEPA filter incorporated in its design.
Furthermore, the vacuum also features a swivel head and a detachable canister to help you clean hard-to-reach areas without any struggles.
This incredibly modular machine is designed to connect with multiple brushes and attachments to let you clean both carpeted and bare floors without leaving any debris behind.
Features of the Shark Rotator Lift-Away Upright Vacuum
- A HEPA filter and anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology: This means that allergy and asthma sufferers can use this vacuum cleaner comfortably without the risk of making their conditions worse.
- Multiple attachments: To guarantee you 100% dust and allergen-free performance, this HEPA vacuum cleaner is designed with multiple accessories and attachments that include a pet power brush, turbo brush, multi-angle brush, canister caddy, a straight suction nozzle, and a 12” crevice tool.
- Equipped with Premium Pet Power Brush. This makes this vacuum cleaner very ideal for people with pets as it is able to pick up pet hair and dander from all surfaces.
- Lift- away canister: This means that at the push of a button, you can be able to detach the canister and clean other areas without having to move around with the whole bulky unit.
- Has an advanced swivel steering with LED lights at the nozzle: For complete visibility in those dark corners and total control so that you can be able to maneuver easily around furniture for effective cleaning.
- Convenient large capacity dust cup: The extra large capacity dust cup with double filters that trap dust entirely inside the dust cup. offers longer working hours before you have to empty
- In addition to being ideal for allergy and asthma suffers, this vacuum is also ideal for pet owners as it is comes with a pet brush to effectively remove pet hair and dander.
- Has been highly rated for being very powerful.
- Multiple attachments make it easier for you to accomplish various cleaning tasks.
- This vacuum cleaner is easily detachable for easy carrying.
- It’s also lightweight for easy movement.
- The cleaning performance is just outstanding both on carpeted and bare floors.
- The swivel feature alongside LED headlights makes this vacuum cleaner easily maneuverable when cleaning and that no dirty spot is missed.
- There have been complains about the cord being too short for some users.
A lot of online customers have bought the Shark Rotator Lift-Away Upright Vacuum allowing it to fetch several reviews in major online stores. On the positive side, most of these customers have agreed that the Shark Rotator Lift-Away Upright Vacuum is a better performing vacuum as compared to most of its closest rivals in terms of suction power.
However, some of the customers have raised their concern over the durability of this vacuum stating that it doesn’t last long while other think that the cord is too short .
All in all, for most customers, the Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away Upright Vacuum is a worthy investment and worth every penny.
2. Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
What if you’re not a fan of the corded vacuum models? Well, there’s nothing to worry about as Dyson has offered a cordless version that will take your cleaning endeavors to the next level. The Dyson V8 Absolute cordless stick vacuum cleaner!
Mistaken by many as a twin sister to the previous V6, the V8 has managed to shut most critics thanks to an extensive range of features. The design is absolutely cool with subtle yet significant upgrades having been made in most areas.
Said to have a 150% more brush bar power than the Dyson V6 Cord-free vacuum, as a cordless vacuum cleaner, Dyson has also laid much focus on battery life and overall weight. Powered by a bigger battery capacity (Lithium-Ion), this vacuum is able to deliver up to 40 minutes of uninterrupted suction and up to 25 minutes when working with a motorized floor tool attachment.
Features of the Dyson V8 Absolute Vacuum Cleaner
- Cord free cleaning: If you don’t want to be dragging around a cumbersome cord that sometimes are even too short, this vacuum is for you.
- HEPA filters: That captures most of the allergens and dirt and expels cleaner air.
- Multiple attachments: one of the brilliant features of the Dyson V8 Absolute is the addition of multiple attachments to promote easy workability. Whether you wish to clean the cabinets, the ceiling, bare floor or carpeted floor, this vacuum comes with all tools for basically any cleaning task.
- Powerful cleaning upgrades for effective performance: The Dyson V8 Absolute has a lot to offer to its loyal customers. First, this vacuum cleaner has a powerful 425W motor that offers a high suction power of 115 air watts. Secondly, this vacuum has a very powerful Lithium-Ion battery that offers 40 minutes of nonstop operation and up to 25 minutes in case you’re using a motorized floor tool attachment.
- Docking station: how well do you store your attachments after vacuuming? Well, for the case of the Dyson V8 Absolute, customers have been offered a convenient docking and rechargeable station where you can keep the vacuum alongside all its attachments.
- This vacuum cleaner comes with multiple head attachments for cleaning both bare and carpeted floors.
- No cords to drag around while cleaning.
- HEPA filter equipped with a high suction power to remove even the tiniest of dust particles.
- The powerful Li-Ion battery offers up to 40 minutes of light cleaning and 25 minutes in case you’re using the motorized attachments.
- For those with pets, this vacuum will do a great job of removing pet hair from floors compared to some other things like upholstery.
- With a lightweight of just 5.75 pounds.
- This vacuum is able to convert into a handheld cleaner in case you need to clean spots and hard to reach areas.
- The bin has an advanced hygienic dirt ejector that lets you empty dirt with just a single action.
- The Dyson V8 Absolute comes with a convenient docking station for recharging and storage of the vacuum and all its attachments.
- There have been complaints about the short battery life of this vacuum when used on maximum mode
- At this price range, this vacuum cleaner is considered to be expensive.
From the look of things, the Dyson V8 Absolute seems to be an incredibly excellent machine that handles all cleaning assignments with enthusiasm. Most customers have appreciated the multiple attachments, the very powerful suction power and the cordless characteristic which makes this vacuum reliable and user-friendly.
However, several customers have raised their concern over the battery life span, especially when the vacuum is operating on maximum mode. Poor customer feedback is something else that keeps being raised by users as it can be sometimes both slow and unresponsive when it comes to handling customer complains.
3. Raycop RS2 UV Sanitizing HEPA Allergen Vacuum
If you’re looking to keep your fabrics free from allergens, dirt and dust mite exposure the Raycop RS2 UV Sanitizing Allergen Vacuum cleaner will accomplish these cleaning tasks with ease.
Raycop claim to have discovered the perfect vacuum that’s capable of removing nearly 99.9% of bacteria, viruses and dust mites.
To do this, Raycop was able to merge the high suction power plus vibration with the UV light and the pulsating pads in the patented RayClean Technology to give this vacuum a greater performing power than its closest rivals.
Whether it’s removing dust mites, pollen, allergens or hair flakes, the Raycop RS2 UV Sanitizing Allergen Vacuum has everything you need to accomplish all your daily cleaning tasks.
Features of the Raycop RS2 UV Sanitizing Allergen Vacuum
- Three operating modes: To ensure that the Raycop RS2 UV Sanitizing Allergen Vacuum is able to work on a wide variety of fabrics, Raycop has added three operating modes which include; the high suction power, the pulsating pads and a rotating brush.
- RayClean Technology: The patented RayClean Technology is a smart addition that allows the Raycop to remove 3 times more allergens than other contemporary vacuums. This combination of smart technologies consists of:
- Pulsating pads that vibrate 4,600-5,000 times per minute to loosen and lift away dust, dirt, dust mites and other allergens. This vibration, in conjunction with the suction and rotating brush, is what makes this vacuum 3 times better than the standard vacuum cleaners at removing dust particles and allergens.
- UV sanitizer lights for paralyzing dust mites, significantly slowing down their ability to breed and multiply, and also kills harmful bacteria and viruses from home surfaces.
- HEPA filter with dual filtration ensures that once allergens are captured, they aren’t released back into the air.
- Optimized suction for complete suction and removal of dust, dirt, pollen,pet dander and other allergens without trapping in fabrics
- This vacuum is very ideal for removing dust and allergens on mattresses, bed linens, pillows as well as other fabric surfaces.
- This vacuum cleaner comes with multiple accessories to suits most fabric types.
- The RayClean Technology with HEPA filtration system ensures that 99% of dust mites and other allergens are removed with ease.
- At just 6 pounds, this vacuum is very easy to lift up and move.
- It has a dual filtration system that prevents dust from penetrating back to the air.
- It comes with a retractable cord and a storage stand for convenient storing.
- It can be considered expensive.
The Raycop RS2 UV Sanitizing Allergen Vacuum is a masterpiece that has been designed to tackle most indoor cleaning assignments. Majority of the customers have appreciated the design, the dual filters and the RayClean Technology stating that the quality of air one breathes is noticeable once this vacuum is used on household fabrics.
Other than the higher price tag, this vacuum is a good investment if you’re constantly battling allergies, especially in the bedroom. This vacuum may be what you need to finally get rid of allergens in your mattress and bed linens, to improve your overall health.
4. Pure Clean Smart Robot HEPA Vacuum Cleaner
Finally, for allergy and asthma suffers looking for a HEPA robotic vacuum cleaner, meet the Pure Clean Smart Robot HEPA Vacuum Cleaner, ideal for those who run busy schedules and want an efficient and versatile vacuum cleaner.
Completely hands off, this robotic vacuum works on 3 modes including the Zigzag, Spot, Edge that can easily pick up particles, dirt, debris and pets hair on hard floors and low carpets, using the dual spinning side brushes. Moreover, all this can happen on it own volition even when you’re not anywhere near the home as it can be programmed to start cleaning at will at a preset time.
Equipped with the necessary tools for effective cleaning in conjunction with a HEPA filter this vacuum is able to perform a deep cleaning on any floor type from carpet, tile, hardwood to laminate leaving it spotlessly clean and free from allergens.
Features of the Pure Clean Smart Robot HEPA Vacuum Cleaner
- Equipped with gyroscope mapping navigation: With this mapping technology, the vacuum is able to map your home’s layout and features to remembers the areas it has already cleaned as well as enable the vacuum to safely return back to its charging station, and dock for recharging.
- Mobile App and Alexa Compatible: You can download the WeBack mobile app and that together with Alexa can be used to control the robot direction and mapping and program the cleaning routine.
- Dual spinning sweeper brush with a powerful suction: Easily pick up particles, dirt, debris and pets hair on hard floors and carpets and does not get easily clogged with pet hair.
- Slim Design: This slim working height will allow this vacuum to reach and clean even those areas that are a bit difficult to clean such as under furniture.
- 2600mAh large capacity Power lithium battery: That can run for up to 130 minutes.
- Intelligent anti-collision and cliff detection technology: It is equipped with sensors to detect changes in height and objects on its path and avoid falling of edges and bumping into furniture.
- 100% hands-free cleaning.
- Can be scheduled to clean any time you wish even when you’re not in the house, you only come home to a clean house.
- Saves on times and energy because it’s completely hands-free which means you can schedule it to clean while you run errands or do other household chores.
- Pet owners can still get to enjoy the services this vacuum has to offer as it’s great at picking up pet hair.
- This vacuum has the capacity to clean virtually any floor type thanks to the multiple cleaning tools and a HEPA filter system to deal with allergens.
- It’s intelligent in that it will detect and avoid bumping into household objects or from falling off steep areas like the stairs.
- Not very noisy during operation like the ordinary vacuum cleaners.
- Long run time of up to 130 minutes thanks to the 2600mAh large capacity Power lithium battery.
- Automatically finds it way back to its charging station when the battery is about to run out, docks and recharges itself.
- Slim design will ensure no dirt accumulates under your furniture as it will be able to easily get under there with no problem.
- Though versatile, a robotic vacuum can never fully replace an ordinary vacuum when it comes to thorough cleaning of the house.
- It seems that the anti collision and cliff sensors are not as precise with some units as they tend to bump into objects and get stuck between furniture thereby losing their navigation.
Now, looking at most customer feedbacks, it’s evident that the Pure Clean Smart Robot HEPA Vacuum Cleaner is an excellent, fully functional vacuum cleaner. Most positive reviews have appreciated the hands- free cleaning and scheduling with most commending it for how well it picks up dirt, even pet hair on floor surfaces.
On the other hand, a few of the negative reviews have complained about navigation because it seems that with some units, sensing furniture and cliffs is posing quite a bit of a challenge.
5. Shark Rotator TruePet Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum
Featuring Lift-Away technology that allows you to detach the canister piece from the main upright unit for a hassle-free deep cleaning experience of stairways, round corners and profile areas, the Shark Rotator TruePet Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum is one of the most user friendly vacuums in the market.
Speaking of the performance, the Shark Rotator TruePet Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum is fitted with an advanced Dynamic Swivel Steering that offers excellent control and fluid maneuverability when cleaning around furniture.
The handle has easy fingertips controls while the LED lights on the handle and nozzle ensure that no dirt or dust particles are left out when cleaning dark corners.
Features of the Shark Rotator TruePet Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum
- Three nozzle settings: to make this vacuum cleaner versatile, SharkNinja has added three nozzle settings which are switched depending on the surface you’re vacuuming. These settings include the hard floor setting, carpet/low pile setting and thick carpet rug setting.
- Dynamic Steering Power: With this technology, users will be able to maneuver the steering in either direction making it easier for you to clean around furniture and other obstacles.
- Multiple attachments: Whether you’re planning to clean the floor, the stairways or maybe remove dust and allergens from pillows and other furniture, or get rid of pet hair and dander, the Shark Rotator offers you a set of exclusive attachments that let you accomplish all these tasks with enthusiasm.
- HEPA filter with Complete seal technology: With the HEPA filter at the disposal, this vacuum is able to effectively use the Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology to prevent allergens and other dust particles from escaping back to the air.
- LED lights on floor nozzle and handle: This is useful in illuminating the dark areas so that you don’t miss a spot while cleaning.
- This vacuum cleaner comes with multiple attachments making it a real master when it comes to cleaning virtually anything.
- Perfect for pet hair removal as it comes fully equipped with a TruePet Motorized Brush and Pet-Multi Tool for pet hair cleaning for all surfaces.
- Powerful suction power for all floor types.
- This vacuum is very easy to use thanks to the fingertips controls and the Dynamic Swivel Steering.
- The LED lights make it easy to see any dirt particles especially in those hard to reach corners.
- This vacuum can easily transfer to a canister vacuum or a handheld vacuum cleaner depending on where you’re cleaning.
- This vacuum cleaner is slightly on the heavy side.
- When it comes to the price tag, this vacuum is on the higher side.
The Shark Rotator is by far one of the better performing bagless vacuum cleaners in the market. It comes with high-quality authentic attachments that are thoughtfully designed to offer the best user experience you can ever think of.
Although most of the reviews are positive, with most praising its hardwood floor and deep carpet cleaning abilities, a few of the customers have complained about its heavyweight nature and the motor which they say is a little bit weak.
6. VonHaus 2-in-1 Corded Lightweight Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Another vacuum that will be of much benefit to people with respiratory ailments is the VonHaus 2-in-1 Corded Stick Vacuum Cleaner.
First and foremost, VonHaus has designed this vacuum with a 2-in-1 functionality that lets it work both as a full-length vacuum and as a handheld unit by simply removing the extension tube.
In addition, VonHaus has added a variety of high-quality attachments which include the upholstery tool, a flexible hose, motorized brush and a crevice/dusting tool to make it perfect when cleaning different areas.
Finally, the VonHaus 2-in-1 Corded Stick Vacuum Cleaner comes with a removable 1.3L dust container and a reusable HEPA filtration system.
Features of the VonHaus 2-in-1 Corded Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- Double filters: if you’re an asthmatic or allergic person, the double filters in this vacuum cleaner will be of great benefit. There’s a washable sponge filter and a reusable HEPA filter both of which work together to prevent irritant particles from escaping into the air.
- Multiple attachments: the VonHaus offers customers a smart set of attachments to make it usable in a variety of areas. Whether it’s cleaning your hardwood floor or above the table, these accessories will let you clean without any hassles. One thing you should understand though is that this vacuum doesn’t work well on carpeted floors so you’ll bear with it in case it struggles here.
- 2-in-1 operation: depending on what you’re looking forward to cleaning, the VonHaus 2-in-1 Corded Stick Vacuum Cleaner is able to transform to a handheld cleaner to make it much easier for you to clean the stairways or any hard to reach areas with ease.
- Cordless: To drag around the house as you clean.
- Offers a 15Kpa suction power in conjunction with a HEPA filter to capture even the smallest of dust particles and allergens.
- This vacuum cleaner transforms effortlessly from an upright vacuum to a handheld unit.
- It has a user-friendly design that includes smooth action wheels for easy maneuverability.
- At 5.6 pounds, this corded vacuum is extremely light and easy to handle.
- The double filters ensure that dust particles and other allergens are tightly locked inside the bin.
- Multiple cleaning tools to clean different household areas including a nozzle to access hard-to-reach narrow spaces
- Convenient easy storage as the charging cradle can be mounted on the wall.
- This vacuum has a lot of plastic parts that can get damaged over time.
- This vacuum only works perfectly on bare floors but not carpeted floors.
There are several things most customers really loved about this vacuum cleaner. First, this vacuum is light and very neat, it’s easy to transform from an upright to a handheld unit and finally, the pricing.
On the other hand, a number of the customers have complained about some critical areas which include the seemingly flimsy plastic parts and it not being able to clean carpeted floors well.
Other than that, a majority of the customers agree that this vacuum is a great purchase for the price.
Of all the upright vacuums available in the market today, the the Dyson Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum from Dyson is the strongest in terms of suction.
Equipped with HEPA filters, It has a suction power of 245 air watts making it the best for cleaning any type of floor. Due to this advantage, Dyson has managed to add several key attachments such as the stair tool, the combination tool and the instant release wand to make it easier for you to clean profile areas such as the ceiling, the stairways and around the furniture.
Moreover, Dyson has added a self-adjusting cleaner head with motorized brush bar for a deeper cleaning of your carpeted floors. The ball technology makes it easier for you to maneuver the vacuum while the large 2L capacity dust bin is very easy to empty.
Features of the Dyson Ball Upright Vacuum
- Strong suction: One selling point of the Dyson Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum is the strong 245 air watts suction power. With such a high suction power, this vacuum is well equipped to suck out dust and debris off your carpet and hard floors.
- Multiple attachments: Whether you wish to clean the ceiling, the upholstery, around the furniture or through the stairways, the Dyson vacuum cleaner comes with every attachment you need to help you accomplish every single task.
- Hygienic bin emptying: The Dyson is designed with a very huge 2L bin that’s very easy to empty. Simply push the button to release the dirt inside a bin in one simple and hygienic step.
- Ball technology: With this feature, this vacuum will be able to steer easily both in profile and hard to reach areas with just a simple turn of the wrist.
- This vacuum is among the best in terms of suction power (245 air watts).
- The self-adjusting head makes it easier for you to clean both bare and carpeted floors.
- The HEPA filtration system locks allergens and bacteria inside the bin when vacuuming.
- Great for pet hair removal.
- Perfect for all floor types including carpeted ones.
- First, this vacuum cleaner is heavy and maneuvering it can be difficult.
- Due to its string suction, cleaning carpets can be problematic.
- Can be considered pricey.
First of all, most customers have loved the high suction power of this cleaner as its able to pick up more dust from a variety of floors surfaces.
On the other hand, some customers have complained about the heavy-weight nature. Other than that, this vacuum cleaner has really outperformed most units within its price range.
A portable, lightweight and easily maneuverable vacuum cleaner, is what you get with the Deik Cordless Vacuum Cleaner. It is an attractive unit that handles all types of cleaning assignments with ease.
Whether it’s cleaning your bare floor, low pile carpet, cleaning the stairs, crevices, pillows or car seats, this vacuum will offer you a range of cool attachments which will help you accomplish every single cleaning task.
The Deik Vacuum Cleaner comes with a HEPA and sponge filtration system for easy capture of dust particles and is powered with a powerful Lithium battery that offers 25 minutes of uninterrupted runtime.
Features of the Deik Vacuum Cleaner
- Cordless: For hassle free cleaning.
- Multi-floor capability: unlike most cleaners that work on specific floor types, the Deik Vacuum Cleaner works across a wide range of floor types. Like it’s not enough, this vacuum is compatible with various attachments that lets you clean the furniture, ceiling, shelves and typically hard to reach spaces and round corners.
- Double filtration: With both the HEPA and sponge filters at the disposal, this vacuum is able to capture even the smallest dust particles that most conventional vacuums typically miss out. This is a huge benefit to the consumer as the air you breathe is fresh and clean leaving you less susceptible to respiratory infections.
- 2-Speed cleaning modes: The 2200 mAh lithium-ion battery delivers high suction power for up to 25 minutes on high-power. Should you choose to use the Eco Mode the run time doubles the to 50 minutes.
- LED lighting at the nozzle: Allows you to illuminate those areas with not enough lighting for better cleaning.
- At 5.5 pounds, this vacuum is considered to be lightweight and very flexible.
- The multi-floor capability allows this vacuum to clean both bare floors and carpeted areas effectively.
- HEPA technology equipped with great suction power with for such a small unit.
- Does a great job of picking pet hair from hard floors effectively.
- Relatively good battery life offering uninterrupted run time of 25 minutes on full blast.
- LED lighting is great for seeing all the dirty household areas to ensure no surface is let untouched.
- Very affordable.
- Most negative reviews are about low suction power and durability issues.
Most customers have appreciated how lightweight, flexible and convenient this vacuum cleaner is. It cleans really and it’s not even as pricey as some competitors.
There were only a few customers who had issues with the battery life and suction power.
9. Dyson V6 Mattress Handheld Vacuum
Did you ever know that the biggest sources of dust mites and allergens are on the mattress? You see, the mattress you lay on has thousands if not millions of tiny microscopic allergens that trigger allergies such as colds, coughs and other respiratory problems. To get rid of these allergens once and for all, you need to invest in a quality vacuum cleaner such as the Dyson V6 Mattress Handheld Vacuum.
To start off, this vacuum is powered by a very strong Dyson digital motor that gives it its high suction power. It has a very powerful battery that offers 20 minutes of uninterrupted suction to deep clean your mattress and get rid of dust and allergens.
To guarantee 100% effective removal of dust articles and allergens, this Dyson vacuum cleaner has HEPA filters along with a wide range of attachments which include; a soft dusting brush, a crevice tool, an accessory tool and a motorized mattress tool.
Features of the Dyson V6 Mattress Handheld Vacuum
- Cordless design.
- Multiple attachments: Whether you wish to dust the cabinets, your car seats, crevices or your mattress, the available attachments will let you do all these within the shortest time possible.
- HEPA filtration system: Designed with 15 cyclones arranged across two tiers, the HEPA filtration system is able to seal dust inside the bin while allowing clean and fresh air to re-circulate to the atmosphere.
- Powerful motor: Powered by a Dyson digital motor, this vacuum cleaner offers a high suction power that captures all sorts of microscopic dust and allergens from your mattress, couches and car seats.
- This vacuum has a very high suction power that penetrates deep into the mattress to remove allergens.
- There are multiple attachments for accomplishing various cleaning tasks.
- At just 3.6 pounds with a ergonomic handle that fits perfectly into the shape of the hand, this vacuum is lightweight and very easy to handle.
- Motorized Mattress Tool that loosens and removes ground in dirt and pet hair from the mattress and upholstery.
- The HEPA filtration system ensures that dust particles are not released back into the air.
- Quite expensive as compared to most handheld vacuum cleaners.
- According to some customers, the battery drains pretty fast.
Most customers really liked how the Dyson V6 Mattress Handheld Vacuum cleaned their mattresses. They liked the cordless characteristic and lightweight feature of this vacuum stating that it’s by far one of the most powerful handheld vacuums in the market.
Now, since every product must have some drawbacks no matter the quality or design, one of the most mentioned issues I noticed after reading several negative reviews was the max setting. To deep clean your mattress to remove all allergens, you may want to use the max setting which drains the battery pretty fast.
Other than that, the Dyson V6 Mattress Handheld Vacuum is a worthy investment according to a majority of the reviews, considering it’s able to accomplish most cleaning tasks effectively it’s applied.
10. Ovente Bagless Canister Cyclonic Vacuum
Powerful, superb and multi-functional is just one among the many ways you can describe this high-performance vacuum cleaner. Whether it’s removing pet hair, cleaning around furniture or simply vacuuming bare or carpeted floors, the Ovente Bagless Canister Cyclonic Vacuum with HEPA technology is a great vacuum cleaner for allergy and asthma sufferers .
The Ovente is able to deep clean all types of floor types while still offering a smart energy saving mechanism using the available speed controls. This vacuum cleaner comes with a rich set of high-quality attachments which when attached, can allow this machine to clean virtually anything.
Speaking of the convenience, the Ovente offers you easy to use step buttons, a retractable power cord and a 360 degrees hose swivel for a more user-friendly performance. The Ovente is easy to maintain, easy to clean and easy to handle thanks to its user-friendly design.
Features of the Ovente Bagless Canister Cyclonic Vacuum
- Compact size: the Ovente is designed to provide a huge advantage to the user in terms of convenience of movement. This feature is highly evidenced in the overall weight of just 12 pounds and sleek dimensions of 11.5 x 15.5 x 10 inches.
- Premium cleaning attachments: For cleaning various surfaces from a pet brush, floor brush, combination crevice nozzle/bristle brush to a telescopic metal wand.
- Telescopic wand with 360° hose swivel: This will be helpful in maneuvering around household furniture and reaching hard-to-reach surfaces that could potentially make you back your back strain or bend to reach.
- Speed controls: To keep track of your cleaning endeavors, Ovente has offered an energy-saving speed control system that lets you adjust the cleaning speed from minimum to maximum.
- Translucent dust cup with LED light alert:The bagless translucent dust cup gives you an explicit view of the dust particles being collected but even without that, there is a LED alert for when the dust container and filters are full and need emptying. With such a view, it’s easy to ascertain when the bag is full and ready to be emptied.
- This vacuum is a great suction power for its size.
- At just 12 pounds and small, this vacuum is lightweight and easy to move around.
- This vacuum comes with multiple premium attachments for cleaning various floor types.
- This is a great vacuum for pet hair cleaning from hard floors for those with pets.
- The Ovente is available at an affordable price.
- The advanced HEPA filtration system ensures that over 99.9% of allergens and dust particles are removed from the air.
- The cord is too short.
- Does not do a thorough job of cleaning the carpet.
- Some customers have complained that it loses suction after some time.
Most positive review about the Ovente seem to be customer testimonies of the machine’s efficiency and great performance for the unmatched price. Most of them have loved the great suction power, the design, the size and of course the speed control system.
However, from the critical reviews, the cord size is a major issue as it seems to be too short requiring some of the taller users to bend down a little bit just to clean their floors. Also, it would seem that when it comes to cleaning carpets, this vacuum is challenged in that aspect while others have raised issues with its poor suction power over time and overall durability.
Choosing the perfect vacuum cleaner may not be as easy as it sounds but pay much attention to the aforementioned factors in this guide. There is no doubt that HEPA vacuums are the ideal solution for allergy symptoms like a runny nose, sneezing, coughing and asthmatic sufferers.
Not only do they keep your floors clean, these vacuums also take advantage of the advanced HEPA filtration system to reduce your exposure to dust, allergens and other irritant particles. And even if you’re not allergic or asthmatic, you still want to keep your home clean without exposing your friends and family to dust and allergens.
Although these HEPA vacuums keep the job done, it’s best that you still practice the best vacuuming procedures which include wearing a mask, keeping your home well ventilated, emptying the bin outside and avoiding vacuuming during bedtime hours.
Now, was this guide helpful? In case there’s something we missed out or maybe you’d like to add a point or two on top of what we’ve already said on HEPA vacuums, please don’t hesitate to share your thoughts in the comments section below.