If you’re here reading this, then there’s a high probability that you’re in search of a fluffy down comforter that will that will give you the comfort that you deserve as well as one that will best correspond with the quality of your bed sheets, pillows and mattress. After all, one way of kick-starting your morning with enthusiasm is by enjoying a restful night sleep.
But wait, are all down comforters really fluffy? Well, probably not. Simply because your comforter is filled with down, soft feathers or down alternative doesn’t mean they’re really fluffy. Although there are some brands that make you feel like you’re being wrapped by the clouds, there are others that fail to offer the much needed softness and coziness.
Tip: We recommend going for comforters with down filling of 700+
So, if you’re here and you’re looking forward to separating the good from the great, then here are ten of the best fluffy down comforters that will transform your sleeping experience with enthusiasm.
Top Fluffy Down Comforter Brands
- Egyptian Bedding down comforters: With some of the best selling down comforters, Egyptian Bedding offers luxurious hotel quality comforters for superior comfort, night after night.
- Puredown down comforters: Puredown believe their comforters are not only some of the best and high quality products in the market, but they also help to simplify life. Their down comforters are also RDS certified to ensure that no animal was unnecessarily harmed during the manufacture of their products.
- Snowman down comforters: With more than a decade in the industry, Snowman specialize in the manufacture of superior quality comforters, serving markets in the USA, Europe and Japan.
1. Our Top Pick: Egyptian Bedding Luxurious 1200 Thread Count Goose Down Comforter
Regarded as top-notch bedding with a generous amount of filling, this particular comforter is a perfect match for sleepers looking for a comfortable, functional yet extremely warm bedding to use during the cold seasons.
What makes this bedding so popular in the market is the ability to integrate explosive features into a small pack that’s available at a reasonable price. One of these features is the shell which is claimed to be made from 100% Egyptian cotton. Another is the hypoallergenic goose down the 750+ high fill power.
Features of the Egyptian Beddings Luxurious Goose Down Comforter
- Hypoallergenic: As we mentioned earlier, one of the selling features of this comforter is the hypoallergenic property.
- 750+ fill power: Another striking feature we can’t fail to mention is the high fill power. With over 750 fill power, this comforter is considered to be extremely fluffy and capable of keeping you warm during the coldest nights.
- 1200 thread count: A high thread count is an explicit indication of the insulating power of a comforter, and for some, superior quality. Although there are hundreds of high-quality comforters already in the market, this one has truly outdone most of them due to its high thread count.
- Comforter is luxurious and soft to feel.
- It features a baffle box construction that distributes the fillings evenly throughout the bed to eliminate cold spots..
- The cotton cover and the 100% goose down.
- Hypoallergenic and ideal for people with respiratory issues.
- The high fill power ensures that down is compressed perfectly
- Some customers have complained that this comforter is slightly noisy.
- After washing, the down feathers have a tendency of clumping together.
Most online customers are really satisfied with the Egyptian Beddings Luxurious Goose Down Comforter. Most of them have actually loved its fluffiness, tight stitching and most of all, the high amount of warmth it’s able to offer.
2. Puredown All Season Fluffy Down Comforter
If you’re looking to brighten up your bedroom with a luxurious and minimalistic feel, then the Puredown All Season Down Comforter one great option you can invest in. A classy lookingpiece that has been tailored to perfection, this comforter is engineered for those sleepers who might be looking for a bedding to use all year round.
The reason why this bedding has gained so much fame is due to its moderate fill amount. With an astounding fill power of 800 combined with a thread count of 500TC, this comforter is able to offer a perfect balance between breathability and warmth. The shell is made of 100% pure cotton to offer immense softness while the filling consists of 75% white natural down and the rest being white feathers.
Like all great comforters, it’s constructed with a baffle box design to prevent the down stuffing from shifting leading to cold spots while sleeping . The double-needle construction is another key element as it helps to secure the edges of this comforter from wear and unnecessary shredding.
Features of the Puredown All Season Down Comforter
- Breathable and lightweight: This Puredown comforter is considered to be lightweight Making and an ideal choice to use during spring, summer or in the subtropical climate.
- 800 fill power: Stuffed with 75% Natural White Down and 25% Natural White Feather to a fill power of 800, this comforter is perfect for those looking for a very fluffy and comfortable feel.
- 500TC thread count: The 500TC thread count used on this comforter is considered to be moderate. This type of construction is quite impressive as it gives the comforter immense breathability while still maintaining its fluffiness and softness.
- It’s very soft and fluffy.
- Ideal for all year round use.
- The edges of this comforter are tailored with a Silver Gray satin piping to give it a premium look.
- The double stitching and baffle box construction reduce cold spots while allowing the fillings to distribute evenly.
- Maintaining this comforter is quite easy as you only need to air it once in a while to get rid of odors.
- The down fillings on this comforter are quite less. Some customers complained that some boxes are empty without any down.
The Puredown comforter has truly impressed most customers due to its top-notch construction. Its Silver Gray satin piping, moderate thread count and high breathability are some of the factors that have kept this comforter at the top. Its lightweight nature is another key feature as it makes this comforter largely usable.
3. Egyptian Bedding Luxurious Siberian Goose Down Comforter
Another Egyptian Bedding comforter, this time the Luxurious Siberian Goose Down Comforter. It is said to be one of those comforters that gives you a decadent feeling of being cradled by the clouds, due to it’s superior quality and lightweight construction.
First and foremost, this comforter is designed with a luxurious 100% cotton outer shell that’s extremely soft and gentle on your skin.
Secondly, this comforter is stuffed with Siberian goose down with a superior fill power of 750+. Again, just like most of the premium comforters, this one to is tailored using the baffle box design to keep the heavy down uniformly secured in small boxes. In addition, it’s double-stitched to prevent leakage and is available in Full, Queen, King, and California King Sizes.
Features of the Egyptian Bedding Luxurious Siberian Goose Down Comforter
- High fill power: quite different from our previous comforter, this one is stuffed with superior quality white Siberian goose down at a very high fill power of 750+. With such a fill power, it simply means that this comforter it’s fluffy for extra warmth and comfort.
- High thread count: Another impressive feature you need to be aware of is the luxurious weaving of this comforter. Tailored with a superior Egyptian cotton 1200 Thread Count, this comforter is soft and warm, not to mention it will be able to withstand the test of time.
- It’s soft, fluffy and comfy.
- Great for winter seasons.
- It’s made from a luxurious Egyptian cotton shell for year round comfort.
- The double stitching on the edges helps to prevent shredding and down leakage.
- Some customers are not impressed with how this comforter sheds its down despite being double stitched.
- The fabric of this comforter can be quite noisy especially when turning.
Most customers have praised the quality of this comforter stating that it has a hotel quality look and a plush feel. The stitching is premium and the use of high-quality materials such as Egyptian cotton and natural Siberian goose down have really made it one of the best in the market. The major criticism from just a few customers is the tendency to leak down.
4. Snowman Luxury White Goose Down Comforter
Now, with over 18 years in the beddings business, Snowman claim to have mastered exactly what sleepers need and has gone ahead to construct a comforter that will meet every customer’s sleeping demands.
This comforter is tailored with a durable cotton shell that’s not only hypoallergenic but also dirt, mites, and dust resistant. The fillings consist of natural goose down and goose feathers that have been stuffed with a decent fill power of 800+. With such a moderate fill power, this comforter is no doubt fluffy and warm enough.
Finally, The Snowman Luxury White Goose Comforter. is available in posh colors that include; Blue, Coffee, Khaki, Purple, and White.
Features of the Snowman Luxury White Goose Comforter
- High 800 fill power: A high fill power generally means that your comforter is not only fluffy, but warm as well, making this comforter perfect for both cold seasons.
- 8 connecting loops: Most comforters come with connective loops. However, for the case of the Snowman, this comforter is designed with 8 loops that connect with the outer cover to prevent any possible shifting when sleeping.
- Hypoallergenic down
- In addition to being fluffy, it’s also soft and comfortable.
- This comforter has 8 loops that lets you connect to a duvet cover.
- It’s available in 5 colors options.
- The shell material used is hypoallergenic and resistant to dust, mites, and other allergens.
- Ideal for asthma and allergy sufferers.
- Some customers have complained that this comforter is not as fluffy as it appears to be in the pictures.
The Snowman is generally a versatile comforter that can be used during summer and during the cold seasons. Most customers have appreciated the heavy-duty construction especially the baffle box design and the double stitching.
5. Aikoful Goose Down Comforter
What really impressed most sleepers about this comforter is the weaving which has a thread count of 1200TC. With such a high thread count, this comforter is warm enough without sacrificing its breathability.
Additionally, this comforter is stuffed with 100% pure goose down which is filled with a fill power of 700. To allow for even distribution of the fills, Aikoful has used the baffle box construction to secure the down uniformly on each box.
This comforter is double stitched on the edges to prevent shredding and is designed with 8 corner anchors to hold the cover securely when sleeping.
Features of the Aikoful Goose Down Comforter
- 100% goose down fillings: Goose down is hailed for its remarkably soft, light, and warm characteristics.
- 100% hypoallergenic pure cotton shell: Aikoful has opted to use pure cotton which is treated and certified to offer ultra-fresh protection. Since the cover is what gets into contact with your skin, it’s designed with hypoallergenic and allergy-free properties that make it safe for use by kids and allergy sufferers.
- Double-stitch design: The double-stitch construction is a major plus in this comforter as it helps to keep the edges strong and prevent any possible shredding.
- This comforter is stain and odor repellent.
- The high fill power makes it remarkably fluffy and warm enough for cold seasons.
- The cover is made of pure, ultra-fresh cotton that’s hypoallergenic and allergy-free.
- The 1200 thread count combined with the double stitching gives this comforter a longer lifespan.
- According to some customers, the fabric of this comforter is stiff and quite noisy.
- This comforter is not as breathable as you would have expected it to be.
Most sleepers who have already used the Aikoful Goose Down Comforter have appreciated its huge size and its premium construction. The use of hypoallergenic goose down fillings and ultra-fresh cotton cover is a major plus as they help to alleviate symptoms for customers with common allergens and respiratory illnesses.
6. Egyptian Cotton Factory Outlet Store Luxurious Siberian Goose Down Comforter
The Egyptian Cotton Factory Outlet Siberian Goose Down Comforter is another quality bedding filled with 100% goose down.
With a fill power of 750+ this comforter claims to offer the perfect balance between warmth and breathability hence the best for all-season use. In addition to that, the shell is tailored from Egyptian cotton which is hailed for its soft, fluffy, and superior quality.
The duvet anchors, the beautiful piping on the edges and the baffle-box construction are some of the silent features that have made major contributions to the overall success of this comforter.
Features of the Egyptian Cotton Factory Outlet Siberian Goose Down Comforter
- 100% Egyptian Cotton Cover: And a 1200 Thread Count for superior comfort and durability.
- High fill power: With a fill power of 750+, this comforter is fluffy. In addition to that, the baffle-box construction has done an impressive job of redistributing down evenly throughout the comforter.
- This comforter said to be ideal for all year round use.
- It has beautiful piping on the edges to prevent shredding and down leakage.
- 100% goose down for optimal warmth.
- Hypoallergenic shell cover and a great respite for allergy sufferers.
- Although it’s stated as being fluffy, a number of customers have complained that this comforter is unbelievably thin.
The Egyptian Cotton Factory Outlet Siberian Goose Down Comforter has received a lot of praise from the majority of online buyers. Apart from being fluffy, most customers have loved its anti-microbial and hypoallergenic properties stating this it’s the best purchase for allergy sufferers and asthmatic patients.
7. Eddie Bauer Striped Damask 700 Fill Power Oversized Goose Down Comforter
Eddie Bauer is a popular household name for quality bedding and clothes. The Eddie Bauer Striped Damask Goose Down Comforter is said to be perfect for all year round due to its fluffy characteristic, and ability to provide the perfect balance between warmth and breathability.
The 350 thread count damask cotton shell is soft and made of 100% cotton while the inside is stuffed with 100% pure white goose down compressed at a fill power of 700.
Features of the Eddie Bauer Striped Damask Goose Down Comforter
- Lightweight with sewn-through construction: Unlike most weaving designs, the sewn-through construction is considered to be quite forgiving as it’s soft and extremely breathable making this comforter the best for all-year use.
- High fill power: The use of 100% all natural goose down stuffed at a fill power of 700 means this comforter extremely fluffy, warm and perfect for winter seasons.
- The goose down used is hypoallergenic making the comforter safe for people with respiratory illnesses.
- Lightweight and ideal for summers
- This comforter is proudly assembled in the USA and has passed the necessary safety standards.
- Its machine washable and machine dryable making it extremely easy to maintain.
- This comforter sheds a lot.
- Some customers complain that the outer shell is quite rough.
There have been lots of positive reviews with most of them praising its breathability and its high level of comfort. A large number of the reviews have also praised its lightweight characteristic.
8. Cocoon Premium Luxurious Goose Down Comforter
The Cocoon Premium Luxurious Goose Down Comforter is another quality bedding constructed from imported Egyptian Cotton and stuffed with Siberian goose down This comforter is soft, plush, and extremely breathable making it the best all year use.
The fillings are both hypoallergenic and anti-microbial making the comforter safe for kids, asthma sufferers, and people with respiratory illnesses. The stitching consists of a high standard 1200TC thread count while the fillings are compressed at a fill power of 750+.
This comforter is designed with duvet anchors to prevent shifting and is available in a number of sizes including Twin, Queen, and California King.
Features of the Cocoon Premium Luxurious Goose Down Comforter
- Egyptian cotton cover: The Egyptian cotton fabric used in the top shell is tightly woven with a thread count of 1200TC.
- High fill power: The down is also stuffed with a fill power of 750+ which is considered to be fluffy enough to keep you warm during cold seasons.
- Dust-proof and anti-microbial down filling: The Siberian goose down used in the construction is dust-proof and anti-microbial making the comforter perfect for asthma sufferers.
- This comforter is made from premium Egyptian cotton for maximum breathability.
- The Siberian goose down used is anti-microbial, anti-dust, and hypoallergenic.
- Said to usable all year round.
- Some customers have complained of a strong chemical smell especially when the comforter is new.
Other than the pungent smell, most of the customers have appreciated this comforter due to its tight-weaving, high thread count, and high grade fill power. Other customers have loved its anti-microbial and hypoallergenic properties stating that this comforter is safe for people with respiratory infections.
9. Rosecose Luxurious Goose Down Comforter
The Rosecose Luxurious Goose Down Comforter is one of those beddings that eliminates the hassle of having to buy multiple comforters to suit different seasons. With just one of these, you’ll be able to enjoy year-round comfort without feeling too cold or too hot.
The main reason for this comforter’s success is its premium construction. Its 100% pure cotton cover is woven with a thread count of 1200TC making it tight and extremely durable. Additionally, its fill power of 750+ means that this comforter is fluffy enough for a warm comfortable sleep.
This comforter is currently available in three key sizes which are Twin, Queen, and King sizes.
Features of the Rosecose Luxurious Goose Down Comforter
- Baffle-box construction: The baffle-box construction has become largely popular in most comforters today. This stitching design is largely preferred due to its ability to hold down in equal pockets then distribute it evenly without letting it shift.
- 100% pure cotton shell: Since the cover is what gets into contact with your skin, Rosecose has opted to use pure cotton fabric tailored with a high standard thread count of 1200TC to keep the comforter tight.
- This comforter is light and perfect for all season use.
- The down used is allergy-free and hypoallergenic making it extremely safe for kids or sleepers suffering from respiratory problems.
- Some customers have complained about the heavy shedding of this comforter.
Most customers who have purchased this comforter have loved the superior craftsmanship of this comforter. Its high fill power and high standard 1200TC thread count have really impressed most customers.
10. Royal Bedding Siberian Goose Down Comforter
Finally, in our review, we have the Royal Bedding Siberian Goose Down Comforter. Just like its name sounds, this comforter is indeed royal and luxurious in its own unique ways. It has aplush feeling and top-notch features that gives it a premium hotel quality aesthetic. Its high fill power of 750+ generally speaks for its quality. Its cotton cover also adds on the overall quality of this comforter alongside anti-microbial and hypoallergenic properties for added health benefits.
Royal Bedding has opted to go with a more forgiving 500 Thread Count cotton shell to make the comforter entirely breathable and perfect for all-year-round use. When it comes to the construction, the baffle box design has been used here to prevent unnecessary shifting of down fillings.
This comforter is available in a number of sizes to fit your specific bed such as Twin, Full, Queen, King, and California King sizes.
Features of the Royal Bedding Siberian Goose Down Comforter
- High standard fill: One selling feature of this comforter is the fill. Unlike most other models, this one comes with a combination of high standard hand harvested Siberian goose down (75%) and goose feathers (25%).
- 750+ fill power: Rated at 750+, this comforter is considered to be extremely fluffy and capable of keeping you warm during cold seasons.
- Cotton shell: The outer shell of this comforter is made of durable cotton fabric that has a thread count of 500. With such a moderate weaving count, this comforter is considered to be highly breathable and best for all season use.
- It has a high fill amount that makes it extremely fluffy and warm.
- The cotton shell used is both hypoallergenic and breathable.
- There are duvet anchors where you can attach a cover.
- This comforter produces a strong chemical smell when it’s new.
- Some customers have complained that it sheds a lot.
The Royal Bedding Siberian Goose Down Comforter has received a lot of praise from the vast majority of online customers. Most of them have praised the high breathability, high fill amount, and the overall construction.
What to Consider When Choosing a Fluffy Down Comforter—Buyer’s Guide
There are lots of factors that affect the perceived and actual comfort of a comforter. While most people lay their focus on those shouting factors such as the thread count and fill power, there are those silent features that you may want to consider when selecting the ideal comforter for your personal use.
The first factor you need to look at when choosing a goose down comforter is the size. Depending on the size of your bed, you can choose any comforter of your choice ranging from Twin, Full, Queen, King to California King. When making your choice, however, you need to be very careful as the sizes are not universal. Therefore, it’s a good practice to first measure the size of your bed to ensure that what you choose will fit your bed depending on your requirements.
2. Fill power
This is another factor you can’t fail to consider. The fill power generally refers to the amount of down compressed in a comforter. In most cases, the higher the fill power, the greater the quality of the comforter hence the fluffier and warmer it becomes. In most cases, fill power ranges anywhere from 400 to 800+. Comforters with a fill power of over 600 are considered to be extremely warm and best for cold seasons while those with less than 500 are considered to be less fluffy and best for summer use.
3. Fill weight
Fill weight goes hand-in-hand with the fill power. It generally refers to the amount of weight of the compressed down in a comforter. The fill weight also plays a key role in determining the quality and level of warmth a comforter has.
4. Thread count
Now, thread count is actually the quality of weave of the outer shell of your comforter. In most cases, (not all) the higher the thread count, the finer, softer, and tightly woven a comforter is. A high thread count also means that your comforter is able to hold the fillings securely to prevent shedding. It also means that a comforter will be highly resistant to wear and tear especially after occasional washing cycles. Thread count usually vary anywhere from 200 to 1200. A thread count of 600 and above is considered to be tight and luxurious while anything below 300 is considered to be loose and low-quality.
Which type of fillings are you looking for? This is one key question you need to ask yourself when choosing a comforter. Now, fillings come in a wide range of variety with the most common being duck and goose fillings. Duck fillings are affordable but are less fluffy while goose fillings are very fluffy but expensive. So, if you’re looking for a comforter to keep you warm during cold seasons, goose down will be the perfect pick.
6. Fabric quality
Something else you’ll need to consider when choosing a comforter is the fabric or rather the shell. Remember, the fabric of your comforter is what gets into contact with your skin. Therefore, you need to be very careful here as the fabric you pick will greatly determine the relationship between you and your comforter. Now, depending on the quality of your comforter, there are tons of fabric covers to choose from ranging from Egyptian cotton, Bamboo cotton, silk, to blends of cotton and synthetics.
The fabric you choose should be soft, smooth, and gentle on your skin. It should also possess other key characteristics such as high standard thread count (for durability purposes) and high breathability. The shell should allow free flow of air to dispel excess heat from your body when sleeping. For those who suffer from allergies, a comforter with hypoallergenic properties will be the ideal choice here.
Speaking of the construction, you need to check the type of stitching a comforter has. There are many types of comforter constructions which range from baffle box, gusset to box stitch designs. Although each has its own set of benefits, baffle box construction is hands down the best, as it consists of small channels of boxes that hold down to prevent it from shifting. This design allows even distribution of weight throughout the comforter so that there are no cold and warm spots.
A down comforter can be difficult to maintain especially if you don’t have the right information. When choosing one, always consider the level of maintenance especially when it comes to cleanup. Always pick those brands that are machine washable and easy to self-dry without damaging the fabric and the down. Also, choose comforters with duvet cover anchors as they make it easier for you to attach covers on to prevent the comforter from getting dirty.
There is no doubt that comforters are quickly becoming a bedroom staple for many people and while finding some of the best fluffy down comforters for your particular needs can be a daunting task, we believe that this review at the very least helped you understand what factors you need to be on the lookout for, in order to find one that will work best for you.