Whether it’s in your own home, a construction site, RVing, or simply camping, a dual fuel portable generator is a handy unit that serves as a source of alternative power in case of a power outage. These machines are hard to beat as they offer continuous power meaning you don’t have to stop your daily electric operations. Unlike their single-fuel counterparts, the best dual fuel portable generators offer the convenience and flexibility of switching between fuels, mainly gasoline and propane.
While gasoline is easily obtainable, propane is much cheaper, cleaner, has a longer storage life and best of all, the chances of propane balling up and damaging the carburetor of a generator are nil. In fact, propane is said to be 33% more efficient than gasoline making it the best type of fuel to use in this modern era.
So, having said that, below is a review guide comprising of a generous list of ten of the bestselling dual fuel generators that are highly rated for their great performance and a multitude of convenient features.
.Review of the Best Dual Fuel Portable Generators
1. Champion 3800-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Generator
There are many factors to consider when buying a dual fuel generator. Things like the low running cost, portability, low noise level, powerful power output, and safety are some paramount factors you can’t just ignore.
Luckily, for the case of the Champion 3800-Watts Portable Generator, this beast has met all these requirements making it ideal for RVing, camping, and household use.
With years of experience in manufacturing dependable and durable power products, Champion knows exactly what their customers need. For that reason, they’ve managed to release a 4-stroke dual fuel generator that has a massive 224cc engine that runs on both gasoline and propane.
Features of the Champion 3800-Watts Dual Fuel Portable Generator
- Dual fuel: the Champion portable generator is designed to run on both gasoline and propane. When running on gas, the 224cc engine produces 4750 running watts, 3800 starting watts and a maximum running time of 9 hours. When using propane, it produces 4275 running watts and 3240 running watts and a maximum running time of 10.5 hours.
- Multiple outlets: to make your powering experience more convenient than ever, the Champion portable generator is fitted with plenty of outlets which include; a 120V 30A RV (TT-30R), two 120V 20A outlets for household use and a 120V 30A locking outlet (L5-30R).
- Electric start: to power up this 3800 watts generator, Champion has included a handy toggle switch. In addition to that, there’s a battery and a convenient Cold Start Technology that lets you power up the unit during extremely cold months.
- Intelligauge: with the intelligauge, you can easily monitor the power output, the run-time hours, voltage and the hertz to track and determine the maintenance intervals.
- Voltguard: to enhance the safety of your electric appliances, the Champion portable generator is fitted with a Volt Guard and an in-built surge-protector that prevents power overloads from damaging your appliances.
- This generator is fitted with never-flat tires that make transportation a breeze.
- At 68 dB, this generator is considered to be quieter than most of its rivals.
- The fuel selector switch allows safe switching between the two fuel sources.
- It has multiple power outlets that make it convenient for a variety of uses.
- This generator is quite loud when running.
Customers have accepted that indeed the Champion portable generator is loud. However, the amount of benefits this machine offers is way higher than its noise as it is safe, convenient, affordable, and highly versatile.
Customers who’ve bought and used it have appreciated the easy setup process, the usability, the quality and the high performance.
2. Westinghouse WGen7500DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator
Westinghouse is one of the most respected brands in the portable generators business. With over 100 years of experience in the business, they’ve managed to master market structure by understanding what customers need. battery is short lived and warranted for 3 months only.
One of their bestselling generator that has taken the power equipment market by storm is none other than the Westinghouse WGen7500DF Portable Generator. In a nutshell, this generator is suitable for RVing, open-air performances, outdoor festivals and professional/office use where power outage is a major concern.
The Westinghouse WGen7500DF Portable Generator is EPA, CARB, and CSA Compliant and it’s engineered with a range of innovative technologies coupled with smart useful features that will make you feel even more enthusiastic when accomplishing your daily endeavors.
Features of the Westinghouse WGen7500DF Portable Generator
- Multiple outlets: the Westinghouse WGen7500DF is designed to accomplish a range of tasks such as powering your kitchen appliances, charging your gadgets and powering construction equipment. This is all thanks to its wide range of outlets that include; 2*5V USB ports, 2 DC outlets, 2 duplexes 120V 20A (5-20R) GFCI, and 120/240V 30A (L14-30R) receptacle.
- Great portability: with a weight of 194 pounds and dimensions of 27.2×26.1×26 inches, most customers will practically argue that the Westinghouse WGen7500DF is quite bulky. But, with the addition of a folding handle, two supports and two never-flat tires, this generator offers solid dependability and effortless maneuverability anywhere you go.
- 420cc engine: the 4-stroke OHV engine used in this generator has a high engine capacity of 420cc which is generally enough to handle heavy duty assignments. The engine is fitted with a digital timer and an automatic low oil shutdown to boost its longevity.
- Remote electric start: this is one feature that makes the Westinghouse WGen7500DF a serious competitor. It comes with an innovative push button and a remote start key fob to power up the generator even when you’re at a distance of 109 yards.
- Dual fuel: as a dual fuel generator, the Westinghouse WGen7500DF can be powered by gasoline or propane. When powered by gas, it provides a running wattage of 7500W and a starting wattage of 9500W. When powered by propane, the Westinghouse offers 6750 rated watts and 8550 peak watts.
- It can be remotely controlled up to a distance of 109 yards.
- It has an intuitive user interface that’s very easy to use.
- This generator offers a longer run-time of up to 16 hours.
- It has a low-fuel shutoff and circuit protection to enhance the safety of the engine and that of your appliances.
- Battery is warranted for 3 months only.
A majority of the customers who’ve actually bought the Westinghouse WGen7500DF have loved the fluid and easy performance of this generator, especially after a power outage.
A few other customers have loved the easy maneuverability of the generator while others have appreciated the budget-friendly price range.
We’ve also noticed from some of the customers that the customer support teamcan be quite unresponsive.
3. Champion 7500-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator
The Champion 7500-Watts Portable Generator is another model in the Champions line of generators that offers its customers a combination of versatility and convenience. Quite similar to our previous Champion 3800-Watts Portable Generator, this unit also comes with a folding handle, never-flat tires, a battery and low oil shut-off sensor that guarantees the longevity of the engine.
Whether it’s for construction, home use, or just for entertainment purposes, the Champion offers you a ton of extra features which makes your daily endeavors quite simplified.
This generator is run by a single-cylinder 4-stroke 439cc engine which is powerful enough to handle all types of indoor and outdoor tasks.
Features of the Champion 7500-Watts Portable Generator
- 439cc engine: unlike our previous motor that was powered by a relatively smaller 224cc engine, the Champion 7500-Watts Portable Generator features a more powerful 4-stroke 439cc engine that’s conveniently operated by just a push of an electric button.
- Intelligauge: with the intelligauge right at the disposal, you can easily track the performance of the engine such as the voltage, run-time and hertz to determine its maintenance intervals.
- Electric start: for those of you who’ve used traditional generators before, you’ll be glad to welcome the change from the traditional cranking method where you’d pull a cord. Here, you only need to push a toggle switch to start the engine.
- Low oil shut-off sensor: this is a smart safety feature that has been added to the Champion portable generator to protect the engine from possible clogging whenever the oil goes below the recommended levels.
- Dual fuel technology: just like most other dual-fuel generators, the Champion to is powered by both gas and propane. When running on gas, it delivers a starting wattage of 9375 and a running wattage of 7500. When switched to propane, it offers a lower starting wattage of 8400 and a running wattage of 6750.
- Cold start technology ensures smooth and fluid operation during cold months.
- The fuel selector makes it easier for you to switch between fuels without causing any accidents.
- At 74 dB, this generator is relatively quieter than most of its closest rivals.
- This generator is equipped with a power surge protector that protects your appliances against possible power spikes.
- There have been reports of leaking oil in the motor area.
- Some customers have complained about the loud noise.
The Champion 7500-Watts Portable Generator is one of Champion’s line of generators that has received the highest customer rating online. Most customers who’ve actually bought it have appreciated the high engine capacity which allows it to accomplish heavy-duty tasks.
A few other customers have loved the electric start feature which they’ve said is way better than the traditional pull cord. The decent price range has also attracted many customers so is the high portability and easy maneuverability.
4. Duromax XP4850EH Dual Fuel Electric Start Portable Generator
The Duromax XP4850EH Portable Generator is an average performer and a better choice for customers looking for a moderate generator to power up their home appliances. Whether it’s for emergency or recreational purposes, this generator will serve you pretty well leaving you with no regrets.
Although it’s powered by a slightly weaker 212cc OHV engine, this generator is EPA and CARB compliant making it the best for regions with strict noise and emissions regulations.
The Duromax XP4850EH is also dual fuel meaning it’s powered by both gas and propane. So, if you’re looking for a reliable backup generator that will not empty your pockets, then we believe you have the answer.
Features of the Duromax XP4850EH Portable Generator
- Intuitive control panel: the intuitive control panel has everything you need to accomplish all your daily endeavors. It has a circuit breaker, a voltmeter, an oil warning light, electric start key button and a wide selection of outlets which include; a 120/240V 30A twist lock, 12V DC charging posts and 2*120V household GFCI outlets.
- Dual fuel technology: the ability to switch between fuels has been a major selling point of this generator. In terms of power output, this generator can give a surge of 4850 watts and running wattage of 3850 making it the best for handling moderate domestic chores.
- MX2 technology: this feature allows you to choose the amount of power you’ll use to operate your appliances. You can choose to work with 120V or operate with both 120 and 240V simultaneously.
- Low oil shut-off: with this feature, you don’t have to worry about the safety of your engine as the generator automatically shuts off when it detects low oil.
- Powerful 7HP engine: the Duromax XP4850EH is powered by a very powerful air-cooled 212cc OHV 4-strokes engine. The engine has a unique overhead valve design which prolongs engine life while guaranteeing fuel-efficiency.
- This generator offers low fuel efficiency with fewer emissions.
- This generator is relatively cheaper compared to most models on this list.
- This generator constructed using steel and all terrain-wheels that make it both durable and mobile.
- The Duromax XP4850EH is environmentally friendly thanks to its EPA and CARB compliance.
- Some customers have complained about using propane stating that it fails to run the generator in cool temperatures.
The Duromax XP4850EH has been welcomed with many positive reviews due to several reasons. First, this generator works flawlessly without any engine chokes. Secondly, it’s easy to set it up and finally, it’s cheaper relative to competitor models.
A majority of online customers who’ve purchased it have approved each of these facts stating that the generator is exactly what they were looking for. The customer support team is very responsive and delivery was speedy without any delays.
The only major complaint from a small fraction of online customers is using propane to run the engine. Since propane contracts in low temperatures, it’s hard to start the engine with this fuel forcing you to switch to gas. So, customers without this knowledge have really faced a rough time.
5. Sportsman GEN4000DF Dual Fuel Powered Portable Generator
In the world of business, most manufacturers use the phrase “There’s something for everyone”. In our case, the Sportsman GEN4000DF Portable Generator may fail to impress some buyers due to design simplicity. At the same time, it may draw the attention of some customers who don’t mind the retro and old school taste it happily offers.
Although it doesn’t have caster wheels like most generators do, the Sportsman GEN4000DF has made up for this by adding some impeccable advantages which customers cannot resist.
This generator has a high power output, dual fuel technology, a light weight of just 94 pounds and easy-grip handles that make mobility quite a breeze.
Features of the Sportsman GEN4000DF Portable Generator
- Dual fuel technology: this generator is designed to use both gas and propane. Most customers have actually loved this alongside its high surge wattage of 4000W and running wattage of 3500W.
- Simple traditional design: although some customers have complained about its plain design in this generator, the simple old school design coupled with a sleek body has allowed this generator to fit in tight spaces to offer back up power to people living both in rural and urban settings.
- Intelligent panel design: the intelligent panel is designed to give you access to all centralized controls alongside all major outlets which include; 4*120V outlets, a 12V DC outlet, a 120V RV outlet and a receptacle.
- Low noise level: noise is a major consideration you must think of when choosing a generator. What we loved most about the Sportsman GEN4000DF is that it doesn’t disappoint since it has a noise level of 69 dB, which is lower than most models.
- High power output: at a glance, the Sportsman GEN4000DF looks like a simple machine. However, when you uncover its hood and power it on, you’ll be amazed to discover the high torque and incredible performance which is all thanks to its high powered 212cc OHV engine.
- This generator is EPA approved meaning it has met all the required standards.
- It’s easy to operate thanks to the intelligent panel design.
- When in full tank, this generator offers a runtime of 10 hours when running on gas and up to 12 hours when running on propane.
- Lifting this generator is quite easy thanks to the heavy-duty handles and, of course, a light weight.
- This generator doesn’t have caster wheels making it difficult to transport.
- Several customers have complained that this generator uses too much oil.
The Sportsman GEN4000DF has hugely impressed most customers especially those living in places that experience a frequent power outage. Its high power output has truly impressed most customers stating that it’s able to power up most of their electrical appliances such as computers, freezers, lamps, and microwaves.
The only major setback a few customers have complained about is lack of caster wheels which makes it quite difficult to move this transformer.
6. Pulsar PG10000B16 Dual Fuel Switch Portable Generator
In case of an “apocalypse” or perhaps a natural disaster that might cause a serious power outage, the Pulsar PG10000B16 Dual Fuel Portable Generator is a versatile and affordable option you can have handy.
Constructed by one of the leading generator manufacturers in the world, the Pulsar PG10000B16 is indeed a monster offering a peak wattage of 10,000W enough to power an entire home, a work station, a camping site or an entertainment center.
Due to its titanic size, Pulsar has managed to compensate their loyal die-hards by adding folding handles and never-flat tires to make maneuverability a breeze. This generator is powered by a huge 4-strokes 420cc engine which runs on both gas and propane.
Features of the Pulsar PG10000B16 Dual Fuel Portable Generator
- Recoil and electric start: since everything is about having a backup plan, Pulsar has demonstrated this fact far too well by adding a backup recoil pull starter on top of the electric start button when powering this generator. The recoil is a backup plan when the battery is low on power.
- Dual fuel: the Pulsar PG10000B16 is a clear demonstration of what a heavy-duty machine is capable of. It delivers a record 10,000W of peak wattage and 8000 rated wattage when running on gas. Since propane has a lower energy density compared to gasoline, its peak wattage when running on propane is 9000W and 7000 rated wattage.
- Multiple power outlets: if you thought the Pulsar PG10000B16 will ever run out of outlets, then think again. Since it’s designed for heavy-duty tasks, this generator comes with multiple outlets which include; a 50 Amps RV port, 12V DC trickle charge output, a 120/240V twist-lock outlet and 4*120V AC outlets.
- Low oil shutdown: to enhance the longevity of the engine, this generator is fitted with an oil indicator light that notifies you when engine oil is low. In case the oil is too low for the engine to bear, a low oil sensor automatically activates shutting off the machine to prevent any possible damage.
- Durable 420cc engine: the engine itself is unbelievably powerful. It has a capacity of 420cc and a large 6.6-gallon fuel tank which offers a maximum runtime of up to 12 hours.
- It has a dual fuel switch that allows you to switch from gas to propane while it’s still operating.
- It has a recoil pull starter that proves handy during emergencies.
- This generator has multiple outlets that allow you to connect various appliances.
- It has a powerful motor and a very high peak power of 10000 watts
- This generator is quite bulky.
The only major issue with the Pulsar PG10000B16 is the noise level which several customers have mentioned that it’s too loud. Other than that, most online customers who’ve bought and used this generator have appreciated the decent amount of power output it delivers stating that its enough to accomplish most of their daily endeavors in case of a power outage.
7. DuroMax 12,000 Max 9,500 Running Watts Dual Fuel Electric Start Portable Generator
A power outage is one major concern among most homeowners and contractors alike. To avoid the inconveniences that come as a result of an unexpected power outage, a dual fuel generator such as the DuroMax XP 12,000EH Max with convenient electric start is surely a must-have.
Nicknamed “The Beast”, this generator is truly a game-changer thanks to its versatility. From afar, the DuroMax XP 12,000EH Max looks like an ordinary generator. But, when you get closer, you’ll be welcomed by an array of amazing features which work together to maintain the overall performance of this generator.
So, if you’re looking for a generator that comes with a decent warranty (3 years) and is EPA/CARB compliant, then the DuroMax XP 12,000EH Max is a great choice.
Features of the DuroMax XP 12,000EH Max Dual Fuel Portable Generator
- Intuitive power panel: the DuroMax XP 12,000EH Max is fitted with an intuitive power panel that explicitly displays the voltmeter, MX2 switch, idle control, circuit breaker, low oil indicator and multiple outlets. Speaking of the outlets, there’s the 120V/30A twist lock outlet, 120/240V 30A outlet, 2*120/20A outlets and a heavy-duty 50A outlet.
- All-terrain wheels: to make transportation much easier, this generator is fitted with two all-terrain tires and a folding handle kit. This means that you’ll not need an extra pair of arms to move this generator.
- Dual fuel technology: this technology allows the DuroMax XP 12,000EH Max to switch between fuels namely gasoline and propane. With such flexibility, you’ll have the freedom to power up this generator even when you’re under a tight budget.
- Powerful 18HP engine: the powerful 18HP OHV engine has a capacity of 457cc which is plenty of power to handle both lightweight and heavy-duty demanding tasks.
- Low oil shutoff: this is a safety feature that helps you protect your engine by automatically shutting off the generator whenever the oil goes below the recommended levels.
- Idle control: since this generator will most likely be used at home, office or in construction sites where power is used intermittently, the idle control will help to lower the machine’s RPM when not in use to save fuel and reduce noise. This feature is actually an energy-saving mode.
- MX2 technology: with this technology, you can activate the maximum power of each 120V receptacle. You can also choose to use the 120V and the 240V simultaneously depending on your RVing needs.
- This generator has plenty of power which is demonstrated by a starting wattage of 12,000W and running wattage of 9500W.
- It has multiple outlets enough to accomplish a range of tasks.
- The body is coated with heavy-duty metal to prevent damage resulting from high impacts.
- All-terrain tires allow easy mobility.
- Equipped with energy saving mode.
- At 79 dB, this generator is quite loud.
- Some customers have complained about the customer support team which they say is not responsive.
Over 70% of online customers have welcomed the DuroMax XP 12,000EH Max with a decent 5-4 star rating. Most of these customers have appreciated the high power output of this generator making it ideal for powering up most of their household appliances.
A fraction of customers have also loved the smart features of this generator such as the idle control switch, the dual fuel option and the low oil sensor stating that they make this generator more reliable as compared to traditional ones.
Looking at the critics, we noticed that a fraction of these customers were complaining about 2 main issues which are; damages to the generator upon arrival and poor customer support team.
8. Ford 11,050W Dual Fuel Portable Generator
Ford is a respected brand that has dominated the automotive and aerospace industries for over 10 decades. Following their massive success, Ford has managed to bring that same ingenuity to the portable generators market by constructing heavy-duty machines that exceed customer expectation. The Ford FG11050PBE Portable Generator is no exemption as it features that same ingenuity that makes it a great performer.
This generator is powered by a heavy-duty 457cc OHV 4-stroke engine that runs on either gas or liquid propane. Since this beast is designed to be used in construction sites, Ford has sealed all the outlets with special rubber covers to protect the ports from dust and debris.
Moving this generator is also a breeze as Ford has equipped it with a pair of never-flat tires and drop-down handles. So, whether its construction work or just for household domestic use, the Ford FG11050PBE is a refined generator that will never disappoint you.
Features of the Ford 11,050W Dual Fuel Portable Generator
- Powerful 457cc OHV engine: the Ford FG11050PBE is powered by a heavy-duty 457cc OHV air-cooled engine which releases a maximum peak power of 11,050 watts and running power of 9000 watts (when using gas) and 10050 watts peak/8100 watts rated wattage when running on liquid propane.
- High capacity fuel tank: this generator has a large 6.6-gallon capacity fuel tank that operates for up to 10 hours at half load when running on gas. When using propane, it offers a maximum runtime of 9.5 hours at 50% load.
- Dual fuel capability: the dual-fuel capability of this generator is truly something to smile about. Depending on your budget or rather your personal preference, you can easily run the engine with gas or liquid propane without feeling offensive.
- Switch and go technology: with this technology, you can easily transition from propane to gas without having to switch off the generator.
- Multiple outlets: this generator is designed with multiple outlets which are heavily protected with rubber covers to prevent dust from penetrating through. These outlets include; a 120V AC 30A twist lock, 4*120V 20A GFCI outlets and one 120V/240V AC 50A RV outlet.
- Electric start: to power up the Ford FG11050PBE, you can either press the electric push start button or simply use the recoil backup in case the battery is low on power. This means hassle free powering and no time is wasted when starting the engine.
- It has multiple outlets that let you connect a range of power equipment.
- The drop-down handle and the all-terrain tires make mobility a breeze.
- The 457cc engine provides enough torque to handle heavy-duty tasks.
- The large capacity fuel tank provides hours of continuous use.
- At 78 dB, this generator is loud.
The Ford FG11050PBE has received 5-star feedback from over 70% of the customers online. Looking at the reviews, most of the customers are hopeful about this machine with most of them appreciating the performance and the high torque delivered especially when handling heavy-duty construction tasks.
The only issue we’ve noticed from a fraction of the customers is the engine which sometimes fails to start. Some customers have blamed the motor while others have suspected low oil level to be the cause.
9. Rainier R12000DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator
Rainier has added every bit of knowledge they’ve gathered over the years to deliver the EPA and CARB Compliant heavy-duty Rainier R12000DF Dual Fuel Generator, a topseller and a problem solver for those power outages at home in the office, for use at the job site, camping, tailgating or RVing, .
The idea of dual-fuel has been a major selling point for this generator as it allows it to run on both gas and propane. Adding this to a powerful 457cc single-cylinder 4-stroke engine, the Rainier R12000DF automatically transforms into a real beast making it great when it comes to handling heavy-duty tasks.
Its noise level of 72 dB is slightly above normal though it’s not a big deal considering how efficient this generator is. The large capacity fuel tank offers longer hours of continuous use while the decent 3-years warranty is enough to cover the machine during the initial years.
Features of the Rainier R12000DF Dual Fuel Generator
- Dual fuel technology: with this technology, you can easily and conveniently run the engine using gas or propane. When running on gas, it benefits from peak wattage of 12,000 watts and 9500 running watts. When using propane, the Rainier R12000DF benefits from 10800 peak wattage and 8550 running wattage.
- Low oil shutdown: the fuel tank of the Rainier R12000DF is equipped with a brilliant low oil sensor that automatically shuts off the engine whenever oil goes below the required levels.
- Full control panel: this panel is handy as it displays the frequency, voltmeter, lifetime hours and the power outlets. The outlets consist of two grounding ports, 2*5-20R 120V 20Amps outlets, one TT-30R 120V 30Amps outlet, and one L5-30R 120V 30Amps outlet.
- Electric start: with the electric start, you can conveniently start the engine with just a touch on the power switch. In case the battery is low on power, you can alternatively use the backup recoil to start the engine.
- 457cc engine: the Rainier R12000DF is equipped with a robust cast iron 457cc 4-stroke engine which operates for up to 17 hours when using gas or 11 hours when running on a 20lb propane tank.
- This generator is highly portable thanks to the all-terrain tires and the open frame design.
- It has a built-in fuel gauge that lets you monitor the level of fuel in the 6.6-gallon fuel tank.
- This generator is CARB and EPA compliant.
- Overload protection helps to safeguard your appliances against damage caused by a power surge.
- This generator is quite difficult to troubleshoot in case of a problem.
- The noise produced is quite high.
The Rainier R12000DF has been welcomed with positive criticism from the majority of online customers. With an impressive rating, from over 80% of online customers, this generator has been welcomed with open arms by homeowners, contractors, RV enthusiasts, and campers alike.
The only two major issues we’ve noticed from a fraction of the customers are the loud noise and the poor customer support team which takes long to respond to customer queries.
Best Dual Fuel Portable Inverter Generators
Now Inverter generators are often considered the better sources of power on the go compared to ordinary traditional generators.
Perhaps what is most notable about these type of generators is that they are more fuel efficient options. Inverter generators employ technologies that allow them to automatically adjust engine speed. With this, they are able to maintain power and frequency at the same time run at slower RPM compared to a traditional generators. Thereby, inverter generators can reduce fuel utilization by up to 40%.
Moreover, if you’re looking for a quieter portable generator with less disruptions due to noise levels, then your best bet is an inverter type of generator. Inverter generators are not only much more fuel efficient, smaller and lightweight, they are also much more quieter than conventional generators.
Below we review two of out top recommendations for the best dual fuel inverter type generators;
10. Westinghouse iGen4500DF Dual Fuel Inverter Generator
It’s no surprise that one of the most popular dual fuel inverters is from the makers at Westinghouse. The high quality and reliable Westinghouse iGen4500DF Dual Fuel Inverter Generator is no doubt a great option for those looking for a backup power source for use at home, in the office or a generator for outdoor activities including tailgating and camping.
And with a THD (total harmonic distortion) of less than 3% it’s even better for powering up those sensitive of electronics such as computers, televisions, tablets, and mobile phones. It can can run up to 18 hrs on 3.4 gallons of fuel and up to 14 hours on 20 lb propane tank.
It’s EPA and CARB Compliant, fuel efficient, very quiet, and runs on 3,700 running watts. Other features include a push-button electric start, an LED Data Center, and a telescoping handle with rear wheels for easy portability and maneuverability.
Features of the Westinghouse iGen4500DF Dual Fuel Inverter Generator
- Remote Start and Push Button Start: The unit can be powered on through the push button ignition on the panel or using a convenient remote start which is operated using a key fob.
- OHV 4-stroke engine with 3600 RMP maximum: With a 224cc engine, this model can delivers 4,500 Peak Watts, 3,700 Running Watts on gasoline, while it delivers 4,050 Peak Watts, 3,330 Running Watts running on Propane.
- Led Data Center: it’s fitted with a rotating digital display panel that shows the remaining run time, fuel level, power output, voltage output, and lifetime hours.
- Dual USB Charging Ports: equipped with built-in USB charging ports fr your phones and tablets. It also comes with 5–20R 120V Duplex Household Outlet and an RV-Ready Tt-30 30 Amp Outlet
- Overload prevention and low-oil shutoff: are features that help to enhance the lifespan of the unit by preventing damage as a result of overloading and low oil levels.
- Very Quiet operation with only 52 dBA noise level
- You can power up the generator conveniently from anywhere from up to 109 yards away using its remote start key fob.
- You can easily switch between gasoline and propane while the generator is running.
- The data center is very convenient for ensuring optimal control of the units operations
- The mounted wheels and telescoping handle for easy transportation
- No parallel capability, you will not be bale to connect tow identical units for additional power with this.
From a majority of the online customers, if you’re looking for a dual fuel inverter generator, the Westinghouse iGen4500DF is one of the best available in the market.
Its highly rated for its powerful performance, quite operation, fuel efficiency and overall claimed to be worth the money.
11. Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator
Most people argue that all generators are the same. But in reality, some models really stand out from the rest thanks to some advanced features. The Champion 3400-Watts Dual Fuel Portable Generator is among those options that come with electrifying features that are worth your time.
At a glance, this generator looks small and silent. But once you uncover its hood, you’ll be welcomed with some super convenient specs which I bet will match with your intended purpose.
The Champion 3400-Watts Portable Inverter Generator is both RV ready and parallel ready meaning it can work with another Champion generator to power up multiple RV air conditioners.
This generator has a beautiful body that quite appealing It also has small-sized wheels and easy-grip handle that enhances easy mobility.
The model is EPA certified and CARB compliant.
Features of the Champion 3400-Watts Dual Fuel Portable Generator
- Dual fuel: the dual fuel feature allows you to operate this generator right out of the box by using gasoline or propane. It’s also designed to hold up to 0.6 quarts of oil (10W-30).
- Convenient electric start: the convenient electric start is equipped with a 3-position ignition switch which allows you to switch the engine with just a single press. This section includes a battery, a touch panel and a Cold Start Technology that ignites the generator during cold seasons.
- Low oil shut-off: this feature is handy as it helps the Champion 3400-Watts Portable Generator to power off whenever the oil level goes down.
- Multiple outlets: this generator is compatible with most RVs making it the best for RVing. It features a less than 3% total harmonic distortion(THD), multiple outlets which include; 2*120V 20A household outlet, 120V 30A RV outlet, and a 12V DC outlet with dual USB adapter.
- 192cc engine: this generator is powered by a moderately powerful 192cc Champion engine which produces peak wattage of 3400 watts and a running wattage of 3100 watts when using gas. When using propane, it delivers peak wattage of 3060 watts and a running wattage of 2790 watts.
- Inverter technology: this technology has been employed to switch this generator to Smart Economy Mode. This means that the engine is quieter and that there’s reduced electrical load, better fuel efficiency and prolonged engine life.
- Parallel capability: a quick clip-on connection you can connect two of these models together for twice the power output.
- Economy mode: this feature reduces electric load for a quieter operation while also extending engine life and ensuring better and efficient utilization of fuel.
- This generator has a very low noise level of 59 dB.
- Can be paralleled with isentical inverter generator for additional power
- Easy to use convenient quick touch control panel
- Its EPA and CARB compliant.
- It has an Economy Mode that makes it both power and fuel-efficient.
- Its highly portable thanks to the all-terrain wheels and easy-grip handle.
- Several customers have complained about the warranty which doesn’t cover some parts.
- Parallel kit is not included with the unit, you will have to purchase that separately in case you need it.
As of this writing, the Champion 3400-Watts Portable Generator has received a majority of positive ratings by online customers.
Most of the positive reviews have appreciated the high performing power with one customer stating that the Champion offers the same quality as the powerful popular brand Honda but at a much lower price range.
Other customers have praised the super-smart features while several others have praised the surprisingly quiet engine.
On the other end of the spectrum, a very small fraction of the customers reported damages to their appliances. One customer complained of damages to his phone and laptop while another mentioned about damages to his RV microwave.
Buyer’s Guide—How to Choose the Best Dual Fuel Generator
There are many great brands and models of dual-fuel generators available s you can tell from the above list. This makes it difficult for most newcomers and experts alike to land on the perfect choice. Luckily, this guide has not only simplified your search reviewing some of the best models available, but below we will also highlight some critical factors you need to consider when choosing a dual fuel generator.
1. Your budget
Budget is one factor that is of paramount importance when choosing a dual fuel generator. Here, you need to stick to your budget plan by shortlisting a range of generators that fall within your budget range. From there, select the best dual fuel generator that meets your required criterion.
2. Size and fuel/power needs, inverter or traditional generator?
Size and power usually go hand in hand. When choosing the size, you need to think of factors such as space availability, the quality of the generator and the amount of power you wish to generate. When it comes to power needs, you need to think of the appliances that need to be powered and how much power,fuel input the unit will need At least with such calculations, you’ll be able to determine which type of generator you’re going to buy.
3. Compliance to local regulations
You see, generators are fast becoming a common household necessity. Due to this reason, most regions have come up with local noise ordinances which residents should comply with. With this in mind, it is of paramount importance to check the specs to ensure that your generator falls within the acceptable ranges (noise level of 60-80 dB) and that it’s neighborhood-friendly.
What’s the purpose of your generator? This is one question you need to ask yourself when it comes to portability. If you’re planning to use the generator for RVing, camping or conducting outdoor events, a portable unit will be a practical choice. On the other hand, if the generator is intended strictly for home or office use, then you don’t have to worry much about the weight.
5. Certified safe for use
Your safety is a major concern that must be put first when choosing a dual fuel generator. Remember, you’re dealing with two highly flammable fuels that emit vapors at room temperature. Gasoline and propane are highly flammable and can cause serious accidents if there are spills. So, always put your safety first and go for units that are certified to meet international safety standards.
Conclusion on This Review of the Best Dual Fuel Portable Generators
Just like a power bank, a portable generator is a convenient tool that’s convenient for back up power generation and outdoor entertainment. Its versatility makes it a great everyday tool as you can use it to power up your home appliances, use it in remote areas such as campsites and take it along to construction sites to power up construction tools.
Luckily for you, if you’re looking for a dual-fuel generator you now have a place to start.