A dehumidifier works on removing excess moisture in a specific area of the home. When it’s placed in a room, it draws in any moisture present and acts as a barrier for damp. The idea is to keep damp at bay, therefore, preventing any further spread of mold.
Damp and mold are not only unsightly and can eat away at your walls, but they can also be problematic for your health. This is especially so when a member in your home already suffers from respiratory issues.
Those who live in a house that has problematic damp issues will tend to find higher levels of asthma, allergies, and chest infections. This is because the nasty spores that are created by damp and mold become airborne and end up being breathed in through your lungs.
Those most problematic of rooms when it comes to damp tend to be areas such as basements, attics, and crawl spaces. However, it can indeed show up in many other areas of the home and cause concern.
A dehumidifier can be placed in an area of the room to suit and get to work straight away – immediately taking that excess moisture from the air and drying the room in next to no time.
With a wide selection of sizes available to select from, no matter what the size of your home or the room you intend to use the dehumidifier in, there’s a model type to suit all.
And while only a selection of dehumidifiers include a drain hose with purchase, we’ve searched the market to find you no less than ten of the best dehumidifiers with a drain hose. These are all available to purchase online from the fantastic Sylvane company. Founded with the intentions of supplying home owners with better air quality all-around, this company has extensive knowledge of the problems and implications associated with poor air quality in the living environment.
Our results cover some highly efficient humidifiers which are available on a wide price scale. A dehumidifier will range significantly in cost and will depend primarily on the amount of water you want to absorb. Those machines that are at the higher end of the price market will tend to absorb the most water, hence their heftier price tag.
So, it’s worth considering spending that little bit extra here or as much as you can possibly afford, thus getting the most practical and efficient of dehumidifying experiences throughout in an instant.
Top Mentionable Dehumidifier Brands
- Santa Fe dehumidifiers: American made Santa Fe dehumidifiers models include a drain hose and are some of the best heavy-duty dehumidifiers for both residential and commercial spaces.These dehumidifiers are extremely energy efficient with money-saving operation.
- Friedrich Dehumidifiers: A trusted American dehumidifier brand, Friedrich offer energy efficient and superior quality dehumidifiers for residential use at affordable prices.
- DeLonghi Dehumidifiers: Energy star-compliant, efficient with a variety of functional features and fair price tag, DeLonghi dehumidifiers are great choices for dehumidifying individual rooms and basements.
- Danby Premiere Dehumidifiers: Danby are the makers of a range of affordable and Energy Star-rated, portable and user-friendly dehumidifiers that remove excess moisture from spaces efficiently and effectively.
- Frigidaire Dehumidifiers: With over 90 years in the home appliance market, Frigidaire dehumidifiers are energy star-rated for super-efficient dehumidification with the help of convenient, hassle-free features for smooth operation.
1. Santa Fe Classic Dehumidifier
Our highest priced dehumidifier on this list is the Santa Fe Classic. However, you are guaranteed to get a staggering amount of benefits and features as standard with this model which is why the company believes this is a much better choice for those looking for a long term dehumidifier product.
Claimed to be one of the most energy-efficient of residential dehumidifiers on the current marketplace, this is aimed at those larger of humid basement and crawl spaces.
Instantly eliminating mold and mildew that’s present it can also remove a fantastic amount of 110 pints of moisture each day!
Included with this purchase are the humidifier itself, a ten-foot power cord, four caster wheels, a 6 foot drain hose, a MERV-13 filter, and a foam pre-filter.
Complete with a six-year warranty, this can cope with 2,700 square feet of room in total but does so as a thorough energy star efficiency model meanwhile. Operating in temperatures as low as 56°, it is perfect for those areas that present problematic challenges and more robust environments.
This virtually requires no assembly, as it can be placed into a standard outlet, attached to the drain hose and then routed to the nearby floor drain!
Easy to use and with an ability to offer auto defrost, auto restart, and a two-stage air filtration process, this quiet performing model is simple to use. It even comes with its own smooth roll casters so you can move it to where you want when you want.
- Ideal for medium to large size rooms of up to 2700 sq ft.
- Rated among the top best dehumidifiers for energy efficiency in the market, as it removes more moisture per kilowatt hour than many conventional home dehumidifiers at the same for overall lower operating costs.
- Quiet Operation.
- Easy to move around as it comes fitted with 4 -rolling casters for movement from place to place.
- High capacity dehumidifier, 110 pints.
- Quality superior construction for long lasting durability.
- Equipped with an independent fan switch allows you to run the fan continuously or only when the compressor is dehumidifying.
- This can be ducted and comes with 2 filters, a washable pre-flter and MERV 11 filter for a 2 stage filtration process.
- Ideal for combating allergies in the home as the MERV-13 filter is not only helps in efficient dehumidifying, but also capturing pesky allergens.
- Automatic defrost system for optimal operation.
2. Santa Fe Compact 70 Crawl Space Dehumidifier
The Santa Fe Compact 70 Pint capacity Dehumidifier aims to deliver powerful performance ability in a more space saving design. This is engineered to eliminate moisture predominantly in basements and crawl spaces.
Complete with this purchase is the dehumidifier itself, a power cord, an eight-foot drainage hose, the MERV 13 air filter and pre-filter, as well as an owner’s manual.
You can also choose to purchase the Crawl Space Starter kit, which is an exclusive package that can help you greatly when installing this product.
Alongside a six-year warranty, the Compact 70 boasts many exceptional features in its makeup. It can even be operated as a stand-alone dehumidifier if you prefer. You can also use this unit to support pumped drainage and ducted applications.
This model has simple controls, meaning you can control the fan with just one switch and quickly set the humidity level to an ideal 20 to 80%.
Offering a two-stage filtration, it is simple to find replacement filters for this dehumidifier. Therefore, its durability and life span are prolonged.
With options to auto defrost and auto restart, this is an energy start qualified dehumidifier which ensures efficiency and money saving benefits while in operation. You can also choose to buy additional coasters to make this a portable model if you want to move it around easier.
Thoroughly quiet in operation, this is said to emit a noise level which is equal to that of a quiet to normal conversation!
- Energy star rated for money-saving operation.
- Minimal noise produced during operation.
- Sturdy and heavy duty construction for enhanced durability.
- Ideal for reducing allergens and allergy attacks at it comes with MERV 13 filter that captures irritating allergens.
- Auto restart and auto defrost capability.
- Compact lightweight and very ideal for basements and crawl spaces, up to 1800 sq feet.
3. Friedrich 70 Pint Dehumidifier with Pump
Our lowest priced dehumidifier reviewed here is the Friedrich 70 pint which is claimed to work fantastically as a basement choice or even a more portable dehumidifier to control the humidity levels in various rooms throughout the home.
This features a condensate pump which is built in and a low-temperature operation. Best of all, it has no less than three draining methods! Concentrating on collecting excess moisture present in the room it offers manual draining, gravity draining, or the use of an internal condensate pump.
Meeting Energy Star standards energy factor for those more residential of dehumidifiers, this is also an easy to operate model. This is because it boasts user-friendly controls, alongside an easy to read digital display. Thereby, you can monitor your home’s temperature and humidity levels by merely accessing the two digital display screens located on the control panel.
This dehumidifier also features a helpful indicator that allows you to maintain the model with ease as well as ensure increased optimum performance over time.
The reusable filter ensures durability, a bucket fill indicator informs you when to empty, and an automatic shut down feature ensures no damage will occur – even if the drain bucket has overflowed or needs replacing.
Boasting multiple fan speeds, an adjustable humidity and the option to select your preferred temperature between Celsius and Fahrenheit, this is a most convenient and practical model which is one of the more straightforward to use and operate throughout the home.
- Energy efficient.
- Very affordable compared to the Santa Fe models.
- Ideal for basement or single rooms up to 1300 sq ft.
- Has an internal condensate pump.
3 draining methods to Choose from including: manual, continuous gravity draining, or pump draining.
- Comes fitted with a condensate bucket, and a bucket full indicator that illuminates on the display panel when the water is full to an overflow.
- Equipped with a humidistat that allows you to set your desired humidity level from 30% to 90% relative humidity in increments of 5% and maintain at the set levels
- 4 rolling casters and two side-grip carry handles make this a very movable model.
- Air filter is removable and washable.
- Easy to operate using a digital screens display with temperature Selector in either Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Equipped fan runs on 2 speeds.
- Comes with convenient indicators for easy maintenance and maximum operation.
- Automatic defrost mode, for low-temperature operation.
4. DeLonghi 50 Pint Dehumidifier with Pump
The Delonghi 50 dehumidifier is a very well-priced small built-in dehumidifier but one which equally serves those medium of rooms of up to 700 square feet in total.
This model works hard to remove up to 50 points of excess moisture in the surrounding air each day. Therefore, it is effective at eliminating that most uncomfortable of feelings and mugginess that so often persists when there’s too much moisture in the air.
While doing this, it also works on ensuring that the air is cleaned too, which results in a more healthier environment all-round.
This model has the benefit of a Bio Silver air filter, which means it can work harder at eradicating harmful air particles, therefore making it ideal for those asthma and allergy sufferers in the home.
Once again, this is a simple and easy to operate model. This is due to its touch control panel and accompanying LCD display. These allow you to both monitor and manage the dehumidifier taking advantage of its automatic operation. You can also access here its programmable timer, its adjustable speed fan options and keep an eye on the visible water levels displayed.
Ensuring complete indoor comfort, this is a most powerful dehumidification product which offers accompanying dust and bacteria protection. It also has a pump included so you can access the pump and additional 16 ft draining hose, while never worrying about having to manually empty buckets again!
- Energy star rated dehumidifier that delivers efficient performance for energy and cost saving.
- Come with an internal Condensate Pump
- Certified as ideal for allergy and asthma sufferers has it comes equipped with a BioSilver air filter, that removes harmful air particles and allergens.
- Easy to operate digital touch control panel.
- Equipped with a full bucket indicator on the LCD display with auto shutoff to prevent overflowing.
- Onboard rubber wheels for easy movement from place to place.
- Can operate at low temperatures below 41 degrees.
- Does not not automatically defrost neither does it auto restart in case there is a power failure.
5. Dri-Eaz PHD 200 Crawl Space Dehumidifier
The Dri-Eaz Dehumidifier is a model which works to make dehumidifying possible even in those more awkward to reach and confined spaces of the home. This makes it ideal for those areas such as basements, attics, crawl spaces, factories, warehouses, and even marine environments!
Included with this purchase are the dehumidifier itself, the air filter, a six-foot detachable power cord, a twenty foot drain hose with quick connect fitting, and an owner’s manual.
Exceptionally well made and entirely durable, this offers two modes of a most powerful dehumidifying process. One is a Humidistat mode, which works efficiently to maximize moisture removal to your intended preset levels before switching off. The other is a continuous mode which ensures it remains on and works in real time – and on an ongoing basis.
Claiming to remove a staggering amount of approximately 75 to 134 pints per day in operation, depending on the conditions, this is a simple to use model.
A digital control panel allows you to select your preferred modes and also works to display the inlet and outlet temperatures present. It also shows the relative humidity while tracking the job and life hours. Furthermore, it allows access to a purge control here for the pump’s condensate reservoir.
Other great features here include a mesh air filter, an automatic restart upon power failure, automatic defrost system a self-diagnostic test system, and fast access for when you need to perform maintenance on your dehumidifier.
- Small, compact, lightweight (about 65 pounds) with recessed carry handles and feet makes it easy to move around.
- This is a durable unit that features rotomolded polythylene housing that is resistant to wear and tear throughout the years.
- It’s compact in size and ideal for crawl spaces and other confined areas in the home, as well as commercially and in industries.
- Can operate at really low temperatures – below 45 degrees F without freezing out.
- Includes an internal condensate pump that continuously pumps out the moisture collected.
- Digital control panel for easy operation.
- Self-diagnostic test system that runs each time the dehumidifier is powered on to check for potential issues to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Offers 2 modes of operation; humidistat and continuous operation.
- It’s not rated as energy efficient.
6. Danby 95-Pint Dehumidifier with Pump
The Danby 95 pint is one model made by a brand that is considered to be amongst one of the most trusted of dehumidifier brands available on the current marketplace.
This works to reduce the moisture in the air by taking up to 95 pints out of it during one single day.
Suggested for best use in those areas measuring anywhere between 2,000 to 6,000 square feet for areas with minimal excess moisture, it is ideal for those living areas, basements and indeed other residential spaces requiring effective solutions.
What’s great and unique about this model is its smart dehumidifying process and internal pump. This features a humidity sensor which can be set to automatically keep your room at the required humidity level throughout.
The internal vertical pump is also a more hassle-free operating one. It will automatically move to collect moisture up to 15 feet across flat surfaces.
The moisture removal in this model is energy star rated, ensuring that not only is it powerful in performance but efficient and cost saving as it does its job. Therefore, if it’s a real cost-cutting dehumidifying solution that you’re after, this is a great choice.
This comes complete with an internal hose, air filter, and a drain hose. However,it also has many additional features to boast about.
These include a built-in ionizer, two fan speeds, a continuous operation option, a low-temperature option, and an automatic restart.
Furthermore, it is set on four wheels, ensuring that you can move it around from room to room if needed. It also has a further two handles on either side for added convenience and practicality overall.
- Rated as efficient and money-saving in operation.
- Internal Condensate Pump that automatically removes collected moisture.
- Built-in Ionizer that remove bacteria and unwanted odors during dehumidification.
- Auto defrost with very low temperature operation up to 41 degrees F.
- Automatic Restart.
- Four wheels and two handles make this a very movable unit.
- Digital control panel with full bucket indicator to prevent water overflow.
- 2 fan speeds; low and high fan speeds.
- Removable and washable filter.
7. Ultra-Aire In-Wall Dehumidifier (MD33)
The Ultra-Aire Dehumidifier states its claim as the first known true in-wall dehumidifier!
With an emphasis on creating and most importantly maintaining an overall healthier living space, this removes up to 33 pints of excess moisture in one day.
Ideally placed in those rooms and areas of up to 1200 square feet in total, this comes with many additional items in its purchase.
These include the dehumidifier itself, a diffuse cover complete with filter, a ten-foot drain hose, a ten-foot power cord, a hose clamp, a grommet for the drain hose, a cable clamp, screws, installation instructions and an owner’s manual!
As if that wasn’t enough, there’s a four-year warranty on parts with a one year warranty on labor.
This model has received an energy star for its thoroughly efficient design. As well as working on removing excess moisture present, it boasts an electronic dehumidistat.
What’s great about this specific model is its ability to fit in those smaller of spaces such as apartments, hotel rooms, and even multi-family housing areas. This is because it doesn’t require floor space and can easily fit between stud walls.
Maintaining a consistent humidity range which is set up and persists throughout the operation, this is entirely low maintenance.
Claiming to be one of the easier of models to install by yourself, the visual side of this model offers a more professional and indeed fully finished look to the front of the unit.
- Energy Star certified.
- Galvanized steel cabinet that is rust resistant to ensure durability.
- This unit is quiet in operation
- This is wall unit that is space saving and ideal for small spaces like apartments, hotels or even multi-family housing.
- Auto-Restart and auto defrost modes.
- Comes with a removable filter.
- Lower pint capacity of only 33.
8. Aprilaire 1870F 130 Pint Basement Dehumidifier
The dehumidifier by Aprilaire is a new model which strives to protect areas of your home from mold and high humidity. It does this to ensure you create a more comfortable and indeed healthier environment all-round.
A straightforward and simple to use model, this can offer a process collecting up to an astounding 130 pints per day of excess moisture in the air. This makes it perfect for those of more problematic of areas such as crawl spaces, basements, and sealed attics.
Understanding that unhealthy humidity levels not only lead to poor health but also problems associated with your home’s foundations, this dehumidifier works hard to maintain the structure of your home by preventing any excess moisture accumulation, up to
With a 5 ft drain hose as standard with your purchase, there are two drainage methods to chose from; either the continuous drainage method by integrating the dehumidifier into your home’s drainage or the gravity draining method.
Claimed to be different from that of its similar counterparts, the Aprilaire not only provides a fantastic five-year warranty concept but claims to give a more reliable and robust construction through its durable design.
This is a model made from heavy duty and corrosion resistant casing which ultimately protects those internal components. Therefore, it can withstand even those more unforgiving of spaces, particularly when it comes to basements and crawl space areas. The designers also state this can remove more of the moisture effectively than most.
A thoroughly efficient model which is Energy Star qualified, it is a more reliable automatic of products. Very simple to access and use, it features a simplistic automatic draining system.
Furthermore, with a MERV-8 air filter as standard, you can just wash the filter and ensure ongoing efficient operation long term as a result.
- Rated for energy star level of efficiency.
- High capacity dehumidifier that extracts up to 130 pints of moisture per day.
- High room coverage of between 2500 and 7,400 square feet, depending on the average climate conditions of the room.
- Constructed using heavy duty corrosion resistant body, this unit is sturdy and durable.
- Ideal for asthma an allergy suffers as it comes with a MERV-8 Air washable filter that captures allergens and dust particles.
- This is easy to move from place to place as it comes fitted with four smooth rolling casters.
- Auto-Restart and auto defrost modes as standard.
- Digital control display.
9. Ebac CD30 Industrial Dehumidifier
If it’s a more industrial type of dehumidifier that you’re after, the Ebac CD30 model may be one of your best choice here, ideal for smaller indoor Pool/Spa, warehouse, water damage restoration or even a residential crawl space.
This has a fantastic ability to withstand the most unpredictable of conditions. Therefore, it is perfect for those looking for a more dependable dehumidifying solution.
It includes the unit itself is a 9.8 ft drain hose, jubilee clip and owner’s manual.
Designed to cover up to 400 square feet in total, its ideal for those areas such as crawl spaces that are residential,as well as those industrial settings that are problematic when it comes to humidity levels.
This model works on a low-temperature operation throughout. It also offers a practical set it and forget it concept, whereby you set it all up to your desired levels, and it takes care of it all for you. Simply set the level using the adjustable dial, and this will work on running only when it needs to do so.
The result is a consistent one which requires very little in the way of intervention. Additionally, the drain hose, when connected, ensures efficient draining no chance of overflow.
Very quiet in operation, it houses an epoxy coated outer frame to ensure durability and can be easily set on a level surface through utilizing its rubber feet. Or, if you’d prefer the ability to move this dehumidifier to a place to suit you, it can easily be transported through its built-in carrying handles.
- Rugged construction of heavy-gauge steel housing with epoxy-coating for long lasting durability
- Very Quiet operation when running
- Can be wall mounted to help you save on space, making is very ideal for small space and apartments.
- Built-in carrying handles for portability.
- Very low operating temperatures of up to 33 degrees F.
- Not energy star rated.
- Does not display your ambient humidity.
10. Frigidaire FFAD3033R1 Energy-Star 30-Pint Dehumidifier
Finally, for those smaller to medium sized of rooms, the budget-friendly Frigidaire Energy Star dehumidifier is the perfect solution when combating high humidity areas.
Working on removing up to 30 pints of moisture each day, this is a rather intelligent model which not only boasts a bright and user-friendly interface but also has many further automated features.
This dehumidifier offers a series of Effortless labeled functions. These include effortless humidity control, effortless automatic shut off, effortless full tank alert, effortless continuous drain option, and an effortless clean filter process.
The idea of a combination such as this ensures that the daily operation of this model is near enough automatic! Therefore, no time spent on sorting and setting it to work every day; instead you can go about your everyday routine while the dehumidifier works all by itself on maintaining the correct humidity levels throughout your intended area.
Another great feature of this model is its space saving and practical design. Not only is it a slim and sleek of designs, but it can also blend in superbly with almost any décor. This is great when you consider the shape and design of some of these model types!
- Energy Star rated efficiency.
- Very efficient and ideal specifically for lowering humidity in small areas in the home.
- Electronic controls with full water tank notification, auto restart and auto defrost modes.
- 3 Dehumidifying speeds to choose from including low, medium, or high
- Programmable dehumidifier timer.
- Smooth-rolling casters and top handle assists for easier movement.
Final Thoughts on Best Dehumidifiers with Drain Hose
If you have an area of the home whereby the humidity levels are known to be problematic, a dehumidifier with drain could be the perfect solution in reducing these levels.
High humidity, when left untreated, can not only cause health problems but also present issues when it comes to the structure of your home. Therefore, if it’s not addressed, it has the potential to do some long term damage.
These fantastic reviewed dehumidifiers are all effective at working at drawing those excessive moisture levels and dispelling of them in a healthier process.
Therefore, the result is an improved air quality and subsequently healthier environment all around.
All the dehumidifiers reviewed in this list come with a drain hose and are ready for immediate use. Simple to install and thoroughly easy to operate, they require very little in the way of maintenance while deriving many further years of durable use. Ultimately, when you witness firsthand the amount of moisture they do collect daily, you’ll wonder how you ever coped without one for so long beforehand!