Sleepovers are always such fun, giving thrill to the usual sleeping routine. But the trouble is always the lack of space for guests to sleep in. That explains the consistent popularity of trundle beds or daybeds.
First used in the 16th century for servants to be able to sleep in their master’s bedroom, it is now a favorite among parents who want to get the kids ready for a real bed as well as teenagers who love fun sleepovers.
Trundle beds are characterized by a regular bed but with an extra pop-out bed underneath that you can wheel out whenever you need an extra sleeping space. During daytime when beds are not needed, you can wheel it back in, freeing more floor space for other uses or just for a clutter-free, neat-looking room.
Meanwhile, there are some varieties of daybeds that can double as a sofa for the living room but still with the size of a regular bed. It comes handy when you live in a studio-type apartment and want to maximize your space or just need an extra sleeping space for a visitor.
So below is a roundup of some of the best daybeds in the market as evidenced by countless raving reviews.
Review of the Best Daybed Trundle Sets Worth the Money
1. DHP Bombay Metal Full Size Daybed Frame with Twin Size Trundle
A toddler’s transition from cradle to a bed is usually a worrisome affair. Parents want to train the child to be able to sleep in a bed of their own but still want to ensure safety as well. A daybed with an extra trundle bed could be a great option that doesn’t occupy additional space if your room is already limited in size.
This particular DHP Bombay metal daybed trundle features a very neutral immaculate white look which you can customize and dress up according to the looks of your room.
With 3 sides made of delicate metal curves, it can also be used in the living room as a daybed or even sofa, only transforming into a bed by night.
And because its low height of the trundle bed, you will never have to worry about the kids with this unit.
It is made from durable sturdy metal while the roll-out trundle also has locking casters that wheel out smoothly and locks into place for safety.
It’s also easy to assemble and the overall look will be very charmingly chic for any room.
There’s also a bronze design if you are looking for a more dramatic kind of elegance.
- Dimensions: 77.5″L x 56″W x 43″H
- Made of sturdy metal material
- Available in the shades of white and bronze
- 3-side metal framing with delicate curve detailing
- With a roll-out trundle for a twin-sized bed and locking caster wheels
2. StorkCraft Marco Island Captain’s Bed with Trundle and Drawers
Making the most out of a small space for families that are just starting out or for those who live in condos and studio-type apartments can be such a battle. Aside from the hefty furniture, there is also the storage aspect to worry about. Fortunately, you can store clothes among other things with a multitasking bed that is certainly more than just a sleeping space.
StorkCraft’s Marco Island Captains bed comes with a roll-out trundle as well as functional drawers so your bed stays functional throughout.
Made of solid hardwood, this is made to be resilient. Fitted with wheels, the trundle can be wheeled out whenever an extra sleeping space is needed and wheeled in back underneath for a neater-looking bedroom.
But what’s more amazing are the functioning drawers that come with its trundle in which you can organize your clothes and whatnots.
This unit is not so hard to assemble and can be finished within an hour or two. Because tastes differ, this bed comes in three attractive colors to choose from.
- Dimensions: 81.1”L x 43.9”W x 35.5”H
- Weighing 162.8 pounds
- Made of sturdy wood material with rich and non-toxic finish
- Available in colors white, gray and espresso
- Smooth pull-out twin-size trundle bed
- Comes with spacious drawers
- Easy assembly
3. DHP Tokyo Daybed and Trundle with Metal Frame, Twin over Twin Size
This DHP Tokyo Daybed with trundle is a conversation-starter with its Art Deco inspired metal framing that can instantly add an air of class to any room.
This bed unit comes with a full-sized mother bed and a twin size trundle bed that you can pull out whenever guests or relatives are coming to sleep over.
It has 4 casters that you can smoothly wheel in and out. Two casters come with a locking mechanism that allows you to secure your extra bed in place and unlock it should you wish to hide the trundle underneath.
This DHP Tokyo daybed has three walled sides so it can also act as a couch for the living room. Just put throw pillows and some covers and you’re good! By nightfall, this classy sofa can be transformed into a bed in which you can comfortably lay down and move about with its generous size.
Made of sturdy but lightweight metal material, this bed unit is easy to assemble and can be accomplished by any homeowner without DIY experiences.
This comes in white and bronze shades to fit most home interiors.
- Dimensions: 77.5″L x 56″W x 42.5″H
- Weighing 77 pounds with 450 weight limit
- Slats and framing are made of sturdy metal material
- Beautiful curving and linear metal detailing
- Available in colors white and bronze
- Designed to fit a full-size mattress and one twin size (sold separately)
- With a roll-out trundle and 4 casters (2 locking and 2 non-locking)
- Easy assembly
4. Zinus Florence Twin Daybed and Trundle Frame Set
Showing off Zinus’ expertise in making ordinary home fixtures into a more functional, multitasking version of themselves is this equally useful and practical daybed that can double as a couch while providing 2 extra sleeping spaces for your corner.
The Florence twin daybed is designed for twin mattresses up to 7” in height so you can enjoy maximum coziness at night. At daytime when a bed is not needed, you can simply wheel the extra trundle bed in and just bring out the throw pillows and you’ve got yourself a nice, sturdy couch!
This model is not only practical but also pleasing to the eyes with its gently curved metal framing with no sharp edges thus, safe for children.
Even though this unit is built to last, it’s still backed by 5-year warranty so you can rest assured knowing you’ve got a keeper.
- Dimensions: 77” x 39” x 36.7”
- Made of sturdy, lightweight metal
- Neat curved and linear framing
- Fits 2 twin-sized mattresses up to 7” height
- Dependable steel slat support
- Easy no-tool assembly
5. Novogratz Her Majesty Upholstered Daybed with Trundle
Reflecting husband and wife duo’s expertise in luxurious design and artsy architecture, this glamorous 3-in-1 daybed is a result of years of crafting high-end Hollywood-standard home furniture by the soulful Novogratz couple.
The Her Majesty daybed with trundle will make your regular sleeping time a royal one with its Mid-Century design that is reminiscent of the golden age of Old Hollywood. Its diamond-tufted backrest and tapered brown legs gives it a look that you can only see in classic black and white movies. Further upholstered in premium linen, this unit will give your space an expensive look without breaking the bank.
Aside from its stunning beauty, it’s also the epitome of practicality as this unit that looks like a sofa for daytime can be transformed into a bed by night and even comes with an extra bed in a roll-out trundle that you can pull out anytime whenever an extra sleeping space is needed!
The pull-out bed comes with locking casters so your guest won’t roll out of place while sleeping, providing stable comfort throughout the night.
Speaking of stability, it’s also armed with a unique bentwood slat system that provides matchless back support with excellent distribution of pressure throughout the bed so you’ll wake up restful and refreshed.
Moreover, the slats are also designed to let air pass freely beneath the mattress for a peaceful rest at night.
This stunning daybed with trundle comes in colors blue, gray, light green, and pink for flexible customization.
- Dimensions: 75.5”L x 43.5”W x 33.5”H (Trundle’s dimensions are 75”L x 40”W x 11.5”H)
- Weighing 96 pounds with the trundle’s weight limit of 250 pounds
- Mid-Century design with diamond-tufted backrest with wingback arms and brown tapered legs
- With a premium linen upholstery
- Available in colors blue, gray, light green and light pink
- The pull-out trundle bed comes with casters that lock in place
- Designed for two standard-size twin mattresses (maximum mattress height for the trundle bed is 6”)
- Its very own unique bentwood slat system offers back support and outstanding pressure distribution
- Stay fresh with its slats that let air pass freely beneath the mattresses
6. Little Seeds Ambrosia Diamond Tufted Upholstered Design Daybed and Trundle Set
This daybed and trundle set from Little Seeds will complete the magazine-perfect room of your dreams with its diamond-tufted backrest and faux velvet upholstery that’s available in a wide range of colors to choose from! And with its classic Mid-Century design, this one unit can transform the plainest room into something to boast about!
Complete with a back and armrests, you can lounge, watch TV and even entertain guests on this daybed during the day and just bring out your blankets and pull out the trundle bed underneath come nightfall.
However practical, it’s never short of comfortable because of its bentwood slat system that adjusts to the weight of user exerted on them so you’ll never have to sleep on a hard bed and wake up with a backache. Its backrest is lined with soft paddings for comfy coziness.
Moreover, the trundle bed utilizes casters with built-in breaks for security while you’re sleeping.
If you’re meticulous and picky about your room and furniture’s color, this beauty is available in colors blue, ivory, light gray, pink, teal and gray for maximum room personalization.
- Overall dimensions: 82.5” L x 43.5” W x 38″ H (trundle’s dimensions is 75”L x 40”W x 11.5″H)
- Upholstered in premium faux velvet linen
- Available in colors blue, ivory, light gray, pink, teal and gray
- With padded backrest and armrests for ultimate comfort
- Bentwood slat system that adjust with the weight exerted on them
- Slats also let air pass freely for a fresh and cooler sleep
- Diamond-tufted detailing completes the perfect Mid-Century aesthetics
- Trundle includes casters with built-in breaks
- Maximum height for the trundle bed is 6” and can be sold separately
7. Zinus Suzanne Twin Daybed and Trundle Frame Set
Perfect for small apartments as well as students living in dorms who like to spruce things up a bit with impressive room furniture, this daybed with trundle from Zinus is a straightforward multitasker that is pleasantly simple yet stylish.
With a clever combination of sturdy but lightweight metal and rich wood, this daybed looks perfectly neutral may it be for the living room or the bedroom.
Its trundle underneath features an impressively smooth roll-out bed that you can wheel out whenever a friend comes to sleepover.
Designed for twin-sized mattresses, this unit is also perfect if you have siblings that want to share a room but with separate beds.
Because buying a bed is also an investment that you want to be sure about, it comes with a 5-year warranty for ultimate peace of mind.
- Dimensions: 78” x 39” x 25.8”
- Overall weighing 64 pounds with the trundle bed’s weight capacity of 250 pounds
- Sturdy metal and wood materials combination
- Space-saving trundle bed with casters
- Can accommodate two twin size mattresses measuring 5”-6” that can be sold separately
- No tools needed for quick assembly
8. Novogratz Bright Pop Daybed with Trundle
Further proving that a daybed can also be a decorative piece, Novogratz’ bright pop daybed with trundle comes in an eye-catching industrial mixed with modern aesthetics that fashionable homeowners will especially love!
Its seamlessly stunning simple line and curve detailing in its head and foot-rest as well as the side railings make this piece an architecture treat.
Notwithstanding its practicality, it also includes a roll-out trundle for an extra bed space for guests and roommates.
Extra fun pajama parties can now be achieved without any worries because of the two beds’ weight capacity of 400 and 225 pounds for the mother and trundle beds respectively. Come sleeping time, you can secure a peaceful sleep for everyone with its casters’ built-in breaks that ensure no one will roll out of place.
It’s available in fun colors of black, teal, white and yellow.
- Overall dimensions: 76.5” L x 40.5” W x 39.5” H
- Mother bed’s weight capacity is 400lbs. and trundle bed’s is 225lbs.
- Crafted from sturdy metal material
- Headboard, foot-rest and side railing with curved and linear detailing
- Trundle bed includes casters with built-in breaks for security
- Comes in twin size and full size varieties
- Available in fun colors- of black, teal, white and yellow
- All parts come in one box and is easy to assemble
9. Harper & Bright Designs Wood Daybed with a Trundle
If you are looking for a 2-in 1 daybed that doesn’t only assure longevity with its high quality and craftsmanship but also a rare elegant design that stays timeless as it sits in your home for the many years to come, this Harper & Bright Designs wood daybed with a trundle checks all the boxes!
Featuring a unique geometric pattern detailing in its head and foot-rests as well as the side railing, this picture-perfect daybed will add a designer touch to your living room or bedroom.
But more than just being stylish, it is also dependable and long-lasting with a high-quality wood material that holds up over time. Not requiring any box springs and foundations, the trundle bed can take up to 275 lbs without budging.
Also featuring a trundle bed that you can pull out anytime an extra bed is needed, it allows you to free more space while having two beds in your room!
This set is available in classic colors of light gray and white.
- Dimensions: Overall Dimensions: 80.5” x 42.1” x 38.9” (trundle bed’s dimensions: 75.3 x 40.1 X 10.6”)
- With a weight capacity of 175lbs./ trundle bed: 275 lbs.
- Made of sturdy pinewood material
- Stunning geometric detailing
- Pop-out trundle with bed
- Comes with a clear and intuitive instruction for an easy assembly that can be done in an hour
10. DHP Halle Upholstered Daybed with Trundle
Give your room a homey but classy makeover with a couch that doubles as a bed and then some. This DHP Halle daybed has not only one but two beds!
With its wide base seating, it can serve as an inviting couch for your living room while being spacious enough for a night bed. With full ample size, you can comfortably stretch your legs and move about at night as you would in a regular bed.
Moreover, a weekend sleepover would now be a welcomed idea because its roll-out trundle bed that’s concealed underneath can accommodate one more sleepy head with its twin size mattress that you can wheel out easily.
With its exquisitely curved back and slightly sleighed arm rests, there’s no need for further embellishments because the crafting of this daybed is a design in itself!
The gray shade that its luxurious faux leather upholstery comes in is mutedly elegant and can lend a perfect balance to any interior design you may have.
Moreover, the wooden slats provide matchless support and comfort that doesn’t require any foundations.
This daybed and trundle set supports twin-sized mattresses with a maximum height of 6” and has 4 caters with 2 lock-in ones for secured sleeping time.
- Dimensions: 42.5” x 84.5” x 38”
- Weighing 47.5 pounds, the mother bed has a capacity of 400 pounds and the trundle 225 pounds
- Rich faux leather upholstery
- With wooden slats for matchless comfort while providing excellent support even without foundations
- Roll-out trundle bed includes 4 casters with 2 lock-in ones
- Designed to fit twin-sized mattresses with a maximum height of 6”
So investing in a well-made bed is paramount, as well as a bed for guests so they share the same comfort that you sleep with. Having a great daybed with trundle such as these can be beneficial not only for accommodating guests but for a space-efficient home, as well.