Alternative down comforters are the perfect additions to all beds for use in all seasons, especially when someone in the household suffers from allergies and therefore does not get on well with the usual down feather comforters.
Alternative down comforters are also seen as the more accessible of comforters, regarding price, as well as a product type which many find more natural to keep clean when compared to their natural down counterparts.
While a down comforter is filled with down feathers harvested from geese and ducks, a down alternative comforter is filled using synthetic alternatives.
You may also like:
- 9 Best Goose Down Comforters Review
- Difference Between Down Comforter and Alternative Down Comforter
If you’re looking to get yourself an alternative down comforter, you’ve come to the right place because below we have some of the best rated and most popular alternative down comforters on Amazon.
Best Alternative Down Comforter Brands
- Chezmoi Collection alternative down comforters: Chezmoi may not be a big company but that doesn’t stop them from creating some of the best selling best alternative down comforters
- Utopia bedding alternative down comforters: Utopia bedding aim to provide you with alternative down comforters guaranteed to give you the ultimate sleeping comfort. Their alternative down comforters are made of the highest quality using new age technologies for the best sleeping experience.
- Linenspa alternative down comforters: Linenspa down alternative comforters are affordable and deliver what they promise in terms of performance. Linenspa says that their success and how they make their products is largely influenced by customer feedback and paying attention to customer needs.
- Royal Hotel alternative down comforters- This family owned business, located in Olympia, provides a variety of popular high quality bedding including down alternative comforters at affordable prices.
- Beckham Luxury Linens alternative down comforters.
- Hanna Kay alternative down comforters
- Sleep restoration alternative down comforters
Best Alternative Down Comforters
1. Chezmoi Collection White Goose Down Alternative Comforter
With three sizes to choose from including Twin, Queen and King, this adequately priced comforter has a box stitching design to prevent any shifting alongside piped edges and four corner tabs, which additionally work to anchor the duvet cover.
Complete with 100% hypoallergenic and allergy free polyfiber, this comforter can be gently machine washed in cold water and tumbled dried on low or left out in the sun to dry.
Best of all, the company claim this comforter performs exceedingly well and stands the test of time against everyday wear and tear, allowing it to be used all year round for the ultimate in comfort.
- Perfect for allergy sufferers: Allergy free synthetic Polyfiber material ensures it is hypoallergenic meaning your bed will be kept free of allergens and so you don’t have to suffer from runny eyes constant sneezes and stuffy noses.
- Cozy and comfortable: Has a soft and luxurious feel
- Affordable: It’s really inexpensive
- Ideal for all seasons: It has a medium warmth rating making it perfect for all year round use.
- It’s machine washable: Care instructions recommend gentle cycle with cold water then sun dry or low tumble dry.
Customers highly rate this alternative comforter for being soft, snugly in addition to being perfect for use all year round not to mention being very affordable.
2. Linenspa All-Season White Down Alternative Quilted Comforter
Linen-spa is a popular choice that has been in the market for years. It claims to offer an alternative down comforter that is not only ultra-soft but also a Down alternative that is stylish and offers comfort at an exceptional value.
This 100% polyester with anti-wrinkling properties, box-stitched comforter is filled with soft, hypoallergenic 300 gsm down alternative microfiber fill. The sides are reversible to enable you to change the style of your bed without necessarily having to get another comforter.
This product consists of sewn corner and side loops which allows you to secure your duvet cover at eight points rather than the traditional four you find in similar products.
What is more, customers can choose from an astounding eight sizes including Full, King, Queen, Twin, Twin XL, California King, Oversized King, and Oversized Queen. There’s also a selection of six colors to pick from including white, grey/white stripes, cloudy sky, navy/graphite, sand/mocha, and stone charcoal.
- Offers comfort: It’s soft and cozy.
- Ideal for all season use: Mid-weight and can therefore be used all year round regardless of the season.
- Allergy free: Hypoallergenic properties and therefore perfect for allergy sufferers.
- Versatile: Reversible color scheme design that allows you to change the look of your bed by just flipping the comforter.
- Easy to clean: This alternative comforter is machine washable and dryer safe.
- Does not shift on the bed: Can be secured on the bed at eight points instead of the traditional four because it features sewn corner and side loops thereby preventing sagging and shifting.
- Wide selection of sizes and colors
Customers of this comforter love the fluffiness of its feel which they claim it keeps after every wash, with the quality of its make up considered five stars.
3. Utopia Bedding Ultra Plush Alternative Comforter
The snugly, soft and fluffy fell of the comforter is made possible due to the ultra soft material used in making it along with siliconized poly fiber filling for superior comfy and cozy feel throughout the night.
High quality in design and complete with box style stitching, it remains durable with its strong makeup, as well as preventing any shifting during the night with its piped edging.
It is easily cared for and is washable by machine. Utopia comforter is also hypoallergenic and offers protection against dust mites, mildew and other allergens making this comforter a great choice for those who suffer from any allergies.
Available in three large sizes, consisting of Twin 64 x 68 inches, Queen 88 x 88 inches and King 90 x 102 inches, this alternative down comforter works to keep you in perfect slumber every night.
- It is soft and comfortable: This comforter is ultra soft and fluffy.
- Allergy free: Keeps the bed surface free from allergens due to its hypoallergenic properties.
- Ideal for all season use: Can be used all year round.
- Easy to clean: Easy to wash using a machine in gentle cycle with cold water after which it is sun-dried or tumbled dry on low when needed.
Customers of this comforter love the low cost of the product which also offers the penultimate in comfort. Soft and lightweight, it’s considered perfect for both cold and warm seasons alike.
4. KingLinen White Down Alternative Comforter Duvet Insert
Made up from 100% hypoallergenic poly fiberfill, this comforter is available in sizes Twin, Twin XL, King,and Queen and can be machine washed in cold water and tumbled dried on low heat.
Its box stitching design means you can avoid that annoying shifting in your comforter, therefore,getting a better night’s sleep each time as a result.
Soft and luxurious this plush designed alternative down comforter is considered a perfect winter time product as it keeps you extremely warm when the temperature starts to dip.
- Comfy feel.
- Perfect for all seasons: It’s light weight with medium warmth rating and can therefore be used all year-round
- It’s hypoallergenic: Allergy sufferers can find respite in this alternative down comforter due to its ability to keep allergens off the bed.
- Easy to wash: Machine washable with cold water then tumble dry low.
Customers find the KingLinen comforter the best at providing a high-quality feel while being offered at a great low price. Many claim it’s a great buy and are pleasantly surprised at the high standards of makeup once they receive their item, with the softness the best thing about it.
5. Superior Solid White Down Alternative Comforter
Superior provides a solid white down alternative comforter which they believe offers a hotel comfort quality as compared to those traditional down comforters.
Claiming to be the ultimate in softness, this comfort has a microfiber shell which is not only luxuriously easy-going but also noiseless.
Visually a more classical comforter, this is one of the easier of products to take continued care of through its baffle box construction and double needle stitching which prevents the fill from shifting around.
Available in three great sizes including King, Full/Queen,and Twin/Twin XL, this is a medium weight product which makes it perfect for all seasons.
Customers of this product highly rate its durability with many using this comforter over a succession of years, due to its high-quality makeup.
- It’s ultra soft and smooth for that cozy sleep.
- Hypoallergenic: Which means that those who suffer from allergies and sensitive skin can find relieve in this comforter as it is able to effectively resist allergens.
- Ant wrinkling, anti stain and anti fade properties: The shell is top microfiber shell resists stains, fading, and wrinkles, provided the wash and care instructions are followed.
- Easily cleaned: This down alternative comforter is machine washable.
6. Equinox All-Season White Quilted Goose Down Alternative Comforter
Machine washable for added convenience, this hypoallergenic comforter is 100% microfiber and available in sizes Twin, Queen, and King.
A more luxurious product, the emphasis here is on comfort as well as an element of practicality in the intricate stitched piped edges which guarantee a comforter that forever retains its original shape.
Perfect for all people with sensitive skin and allergies, this versatile comforter feels lighter in weight but does the job of keeping you cool and warm, working with the outside temperature rather than against it.
- Soft and Plush for comfort.
- Hypoallergenic therefore great at repelling allergens.
- Has anti-bacterial properties.
- Can be used all season round.
- Easy to clean.
Customers rate the Equinox All-Season Comforter as cozy and comfortable with a lightweight feel to the fabric which maintains a softness throughout continued use.
7. Hanna Kay Alternative Comforter
With the ability to machine wash and tumble dry this product, this is a warm and comfortable comforter which maintains its shape throughout use due to expert craftsmanship.
Completely 100% hypoallergenic, there is no need for any sufferers to compromise when selecting this product as it is designed for anyone struggling with allergies and sensitive skin.
Aimed at delivering the perfect weight, that is neither too heavy nor too light, this Queen-sized comforter keeps you warm on cold nights and cools you on those warmer of nights.
- Soft and fluffy for comfort.
- Hypoallergenic therefore perfect for anyone.
- Ideal for all seasons.
- Easy hassle free cleaning.
Customers rate the Hanna Kay Comforter as the perfect addition to their bed with this beautifully soft and luxurious product ticking all the boxes!
8. Sleep Restoration Goose Down Alternative Comforter
Available in a wide selection of stunning colors and for sizes Full/Queen to Twin/Twin XL and King/Cal King, this is perhaps a most refined and luxuriously soft of alternative down comforters offering perfect year-round use.
Combing comfort with luxury, the design, and craftsmanship of this comforter is expert level with the use of precise stitching and durable hems to provide longevity.
With a barrier ensuring all those struggling with allergies and skin sensitivity are catered for, this comforter is hypoallergenic and protects against problematic dust mites, mildew,and mold.
Easily machine washable and tumble dried with care, customers are offered a 30-day return, such is Sleep Restorations confidence in their product!
- It’s soft and luxurious.
- Ideal for use in any season.
- Repels allergens.
- Versatile reversible color scheme design.
- Wide selection of colors.
- Easy to clean.
Customers rate the Sleep Restoration Comforter as soft and thoroughly puffy in appearance, which never loses its vitality despite prolonged use.
9. Royal Hotel’s Down-Alternative Comforter
Made from 100% microfiber, this luxurious comforter is available in a range of sizes, including King/Cal King, King Oversized, Queen Oversized, Full/Queen and Twin/Twin XL – ensuring that every preference is catered for.
An allergy free product, this is the perfect addition for all those suffering from allergies and sensitive skin and can be machine washed to suit.
With attention to detail in its box-stitched design, the emphasis here is on avoiding any shifting when the comforter is placed on the bed and therefore keeping in the warmth throughout the night.
- Soft and plush for comfort.
- Hypoallergenic and great at keeping allergens at bay.
- Ideal for all seasons, summer or winter.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
Customers rate Royal Hotel’s Comforter as excellent value for money and outstanding in performance. It’s also claimed to offer a great balance of not too hot and not too cold.
10. Beckham Hotel Collection 1300 Series – All Season – Luxury Goose Down Alternative Comforter
With longevity increased through its durable hems and intricate stitching, this comforter is a masterpiece in craftsmanship and offers the ultimate most comfortable of nights sleep in the process.
Completely machine washable and with an ability to tumble dry or even sun dry, this comforter enables all those with allergies and sensitive skin to sleep in peace.
Available in an assortment of colors and sizes Full/Queen, Twin/Twin XL and King/Cal King, this product is a perfect companion for all bedding types and needs.
- Soft and comfortable.
- Hypoallergenic and perfect for allergy sufferers .
- Ideal for all seasons use.
- Easy to clean .
Customers rate the Beckham Hotel Comforter as visually stunning, with a fluffy and lightweight feel to it, ensuring a balanced temperature throughout the night.
Benefits and Reasons to buy a Down Alternative Comforter
Down alternative comforters use great quality thermal fills which regulate temperature and give you a great level of warmth and comfort very much similar to the down comforters.
In this article, we will give you 7 important benefits and reasons to buy a down alternative comforter.
1. They are affordable
First and foremost, a down alternative comforter is about half the price when compared to a down comforter. Due to the large variety of fabrics and patterns that they come in, you can virtually see no difference between the two kinds of comforters. You can go for an alternative comforter with a greater fill power and a good quality fabric and still save a fair amount of money.
2. Easy to Maintain
With organic fills such as duck and goose feathers, a traditional down comforter can be quite difficult to maintain. You need to take special measures when cleaning not to damage the product and affect its durability. Down alternative comforters, however, requires a minimal effort when maintaining. You can separate the filling from the comforter cover, used your regular washing machine to wash it without a hassle.
3. No special storage requirements
Down alternative comforts can adapt to the different seasons easily. Traditional down comforts should be cleaned and properly stored away during the summer months to get the best out of them during the winter months and to ensure durability. A down alternative comforter can be used as a comfortable and breathable bedding, keeping you comfortable even during the summer.
4. Lightweight, all year round use
Fabrics used in down alternative comforter covers usually repel moisture and stay fresh and lightweight, unlike the traditional down comforters that can absorb moisture. It is not heavy and difficult to handle but provides a great level of warmth and heat, making it perfect for use in any season. It is easy to carry around, comfortable to use and does not require a whole lot of physical strength simply to handle.
5. Free of allergens
The organic filling of traditional down comforters is often reported to cause allergies, especially if you are sensitive for allergens. This is especially common for goose feather down comforters. Down alternatives, however, use synthetic thermal fillings which do not cause allergies. If you are prone to allergic reactions, the best option is to for an alternative comforter.
Down alternative comforters are great comforter options to go for if you care about using cruelty-free products. Traditional down comforters use special down feathers taken from ducks and geese in their filling. These are mostly by-products of the birds who are killed for consumption, but there are reports of the practice of live-plucking duck and geese in some areas of the world as well.
Therefore, by purchasing a down alternative, you refuse to support cruel practices on animals.
7. They are a practical choice
Having a comforter is all about feeling comfortable. If you have to be overly cautious about your comforter, that can take away the joy of using them. Down alternative comforters can easily hold up everyday wear and tear and with a little bit of care they can last for long periods of time, unlike traditional comforters that need special care and maintenance. If you spill something on the cover and stain it – which is very common to happen especially if you have kids – you can simply wash the cover without having to pay a hefty dry-cleaning bill.
A down alternative comforter is practical, simple, affordable choice that will provide you with a great level of warmth and comfort during the winter or summer.